Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The True Slaves are loyal, implant controlled slave troops of Sansha Kuvakei? Moar here.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Is the back & forth fun?  (Read 11650 times)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
Re: Is the back & forth fun?
« Reply #60 on: 14 Jul 2010, 17:54 »

Could make for some interesting intra-Empire RP. Back and forth between people with liberal/patriot/practical views in the State. I'm sure similar differences exist in the Republic/Empire/Fed (especially the Fed).

It could be cool because it helps people develop more nuanced agendas for their character within a greater faction they might be part of.
I think I have seen a few examples of this (in the State example since that is my area of RP), but it generally gets consumed by the noise as others do not engage the nuances and just fire for effect.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #61 on: 14 Jul 2010, 17:59 »

An outsider does not really see much internal State opposition, since they must maintain a united front publically or something I imagine...

Public Federal internal warring is characteristic enough, however.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #62 on: 14 Jul 2010, 20:02 »

An outsider does not really see much internal State opposition, since they must maintain a united front publically or something I imagine...
I am not sure if you are talking about the player entities (which have had disagreements in the past) or the NPC entities.

If you are talking about the NPC entities then you are missing/ignoring several IC news articles from the past 6 months.

The player entities are more quieter, although there are some disagreement in various public conversations between various Caldari personalities.

At present I can not name an active Caldari RP-entity that claims loyalty to the State as a whole without claiming some alignment with one of the megacorporations.

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew
« Reply #63 on: 15 Jul 2010, 05:43 »

Yes, and the rest of us roll our eyes at them and keep moving. Nobody is swayed by Fox News / Limbaugh / Beck / Palin to believe something new, and the same for folks opposing them.

But the thing is, if you only ever heard one side of the story and not the other, then some people might be swayed.

Not really, Rodj. Simple people might be swayed, but most people are smart enough to see through the bullshit anyway. If Bill O'Reilly says something stupid, the only person who answers him is Olbermann.

Because no one else on the other side cares.

There is no reason whatsoever to answer it, because propaganda of the types that is spewed is (first of all poor propaganda most of the time) something people are so inundated with they oft know exactly how much bullshit it is.

When new propaganda comes up? Sure. But it's the same stuff people have heard a million times and no one is listening anymore.

That's why the only person who answers Bill-O is the pundits on the other side, not your regular joe. The pundits are all who care.

Are you suggesting punditry?

The thing is, Fox News is woefuly biased, while IGS is a neutral venue.

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #64 on: 15 Jul 2010, 06:57 »

And that has nothing to do with what I was saying, Rodj, and in fact dodged the point.

The point is no one responds to pundits but pundits, because everyone else assumes that their propaganda is just that -- mindless propaganda with no substance, or at the very least very little substance, or the people that are so far off in left field that they already believe the propaganda the pundit is spewing, in which case nothing anyone else says to the contrary matters.

So I am asking that if you feel that if a pundit on the other side says something, that you must respond lest people be convinced they are right, are you claiming that you are nothing more than a pundit? (IC of course).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]