Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

DioCore is a Gallentean research firm that survived a hostile takeover by its own start-up investors, MindChill, in the early days of the company.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Planet RP (or RP on planets)  (Read 5517 times)

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
Re: Planet RP (or RP on planets)
« Reply #30 on: 22 Jun 2010, 01:21 »

On "capsuleer dementia", I assume we have lots of examples of it. There's lots of eggers who think of the universe as some kind of a game, and their communication abilities r srsly degraded (lol).

Isobel Mitar

• Egger
« Reply #31 on: 24 Jun 2010, 12:00 »

Maybe once you've been podded enough times your personality turns into a bland mush. Maybe you start forgetting things, like how to tie your shoelaces (that would explain the popularity of velcro fasteners). Who knows?

The PF actually specifies that one starts forgetting things after enough clonings: http://www.eveonline.com/background/cloning/

Original memory left after 100 clonings: 99,00%
Original memory left after 1000 clonings: 90,48%
Original memory left after 10000 clonings: 36,77%

The figures assuming every single cloning happened in perfect conditions and retained maximum amount of memory (99,99%).  And that the cumulative errors did not by accident hit something that would make the poor capsuleer vegetative. :P

Now, the above is true only if one believes the cloning company marketing material. Which maybe should be taken with a grain of salt. ;)

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #32 on: 24 Jun 2010, 12:06 »

Maybe once you've been podded enough times your personality turns into a bland mush. Maybe you start forgetting things, like how to tie your shoelaces (that would explain the popularity of velcro fasteners). Who knows?

The PF actually specifies that one starts forgetting things after enough clonings: http://www.eveonline.com/background/cloning/

Original memory left after 100 clonings: 99,00%
Original memory left after 1000 clonings: 90,48%
Original memory left after 10000 clonings: 36,77%

The figures assuming every single cloning happened in perfect conditions and retained maximum amount of memory (99,99%).  And that the cumulative errors did not by accident hit something that would make the poor capsuleer vegetative. :P

Now, the above is true only if one believes the cloning company marketing material. Which maybe should be taken with a grain of salt. ;)

This is a great find.  Thanks Isobel :)
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Shalee Lianne

• Wetgraver
« Reply #33 on: 25 Jun 2010, 10:46 »

I rp on planets all the time.  Shalee is a loyalist and flies all over the warzone, naturally she is going to stop occassionaly to have a look around those planets she is constantly fighting for.

I'm not going to spend half an hour real life to land on a planet.  That would be too tedious to rp every little minute detail getting from point A to point B.  It's easy enough to start the rp off with ' ...half an hour later, she...'

I don't get caught up in the details, and most everyone else I rp with doesn't either.  I mean, when we RP at the Last Gate, I'm pretty sure most people are not literally in that system docked up at that station.

Pages: 1 2 [3]