Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Silphy enDiabel of the Syndicate used to be one of the Sisters of EVE? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Blooder Raiders, Sanshas, and Guristas  (Read 7383 times)

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
Re: Blooder Raiders, Sanshas, and Guristas
« Reply #15 on: 15 Jun 2010, 05:57 »

As a note, the guy who got his consciousness uploaded into a computer wasn't Fatal or the Rabbit, but Todo Kirkinen, first CEO of Zainou Biotech.

I'd assume that the case with the Guristas is "an enemy of my enemy is my friend". Also, unless I am really wrong, originally Blood Raiders and Sanshas were hostile to each other - this was changed in a patch without any mention, just like the Amarr-Khanid standings.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 17 Jun 2010, 10:20 »

A thought have struck me, that perhaps the Takmahl are the "missing" link between the Blood Raiders and Sansha's Nation. At least, it could very easily be made so by the Storyline team without changing any prime fiction.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Orestes

• Clonejack
« Reply #17 on: 17 Jun 2010, 10:29 »

As a note, the guy who got his consciousness uploaded into a computer wasn't Fatal or the Rabbit, but Todo Kirkinen, first CEO of Zainou Biotech.

An interesting fact that may go some way to explaining Zainou's interest in the Sleepers.

Also, Todo was the first. "First" implies there were others who followed, and the claim itself might be somewhat outdated and historically ignorant now...

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #18 on: 17 Jun 2010, 10:42 »

That statement has always intrigued me more than almost anything else. I ran a personal story arc based on it once, but nothing that went very widespread. I'd like to see more discussion around the implications of it (though obviously not in this thread so Silver and Havo don't smack me around).

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #19 on: 17 Jun 2010, 15:52 »

Did something happen that dragged this thread back up again? I think I'm missing something.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #20 on: 09 Jul 2010, 14:12 »

I'd assume that the case with the Guristas is "an enemy of my enemy is my friend". Also, unless I am really wrong, originally Blood Raiders and Sanshas were hostile to each other - this was changed in a patch without any mention, just like the Amarr-Khanid standings.

Anyone have any recollection of when this happened? If it did happen, it would sort of change the historical dynamics. It would make some sense they used to be competitors, cause they operate in proximity and both raid for people.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #21 on: 09 Jul 2010, 14:58 »

Anyone have any recollection of when this happened? If it did happen, it would sort of change the historical dynamics. It would make some sense they used to be competitors, cause they operate in proximity and both raid for people.

Sansha Ship Log 363587633

This salvaged data from a destroyed Sansha vessel reveals the following: "Blood Raiders invade our territory. Their pestilence is not welcome in the perfect eden of Sansha. The Power that Master Sansha has given us has enabled us great feats in the fight against the Raiders. An outpost has been built in X4-WLO, to ensure a firm foothold for the soldiers of Sansha in Blood Raider space."
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Ravin Abai

• Clonejack
« Reply #22 on: 12 Jul 2010, 21:18 »

There's all sorts of opinions on the Blood Raiders, Sani Sabik, etc. etc.  All of them are valid.  Below are mine.  I should also point out that I haven't read either of the EVE books, which I think feature the Blood Raiders pretty heavily. 

That being said, I've always thought the Blood Raiders were primarily a criminal organization with some religious leanings, rather than a religious cult that also engages in criminal activity on the side. 

Sacrificing kids, taking slaves, draining ships' crews of blood may have some sort of religious significance for your average Raider, but I'd guess that many of them realize that these (very evil) actions serve practical purposes as well.  It is this practicality that forms the basis of their "friendly" relations with other pirate factions.       

I think the Raiders' practical orientation has been illustrated pretty well in the PF (that I'm aware of), kidnapping Hnolku and the Insorum attack, Chamberlain Karsoth, etc.  That's not to say that the Blood Raiders are criminals in the vein of the Angel Cartel, the Guristas, or the Serpentis, who represent more traditional models of organized crime (although they all probably engage in some pretty frightening and villainous things on the side as well). 

When it comes to the Sansha, I can certainly see how their alliance could be very tenuous.  If you think about the ideological purists on each side, you have quite a conflict.

Sansha True-Citizen: "We will create a perfect society, no pain, no suffering, utopia.  All people have value and purpose in our world.  Everyone unite!"
Sani Sabik Cultist: "Lesser beings are undeserving of such a world, why give them anything at all?  They exist to feed us." 

So, what it must come down to, because both sides are certainly allied today (Master Kuvakei had some very nice things to say about CR-SE, joke's on him haha), is that while it's very easy to characterize the the Raiders as these sort of stereotypical cultist lunatics, they are in fact filled with reasonable and practical people more focused on acquiring money and influence than searching for mystical artifacts to complete ancient rituals or drinking goblets of blood.

This isn't to say that people can't draw pentagrams on the floor of their cargo holds if they want to, but that's not for me. 

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #23 on: 14 Jul 2010, 16:24 »

Alternately, I could see a rationalization that might be possible between idealists on the Sansha and Blooder sides - if the Sansha system is viewed as a few who are worthy subjugating the weak. True Slaves are 'in their place' etc.

Arvo Katsuya

• Noble Appliance
  • Egger
« Reply #24 on: 15 Jul 2010, 07:58 »

I thought this was an interesting quote from Revan, actually... which, would find some common ground between Nation and the Blood Raiders. It's more 'elitist' and rigid than Nation's plan by comparison, but the general concept is still there.

http://www.eve-search.com/thread/1349421/page/1#24

Quote from: Revan Neferis
The Sani Sabik

Definition

A group of genetically-enhanced individuals (at least at the highest echelons) which include many of the Universe's wealthiest people, top political leaders, and corporate elite, as well as members of the so-called Black Nobility of Amarr.

Their modus Operandi is to affect control over politics, business and warfare and to dramatically reduce the cluster's population by allowing only the strong of each race to reproduce and a number of the population who will live to feed the needs and minds of their leaders.
While the name Blood raiders is the term most frequently used today to loosely refer to anyone involved in this stream of faith, the study of exactly who makes up these groups is a complex and intricate one.

Extracts from the Apocrypha, book of Initiations VII, verses 2,3:
"In the Perfect World
There will be one religion, just the Sani Sabik philosophy of richness, power and wealth.
There will be one government.
There will be one army.
Homelessness will never be an option. The unfit to produce wealth will be eliminated.
Hunger will never cross the lips of man. The unfit to sustain himself will be eliminated.
There will be no poverty. The unfit to use life as it is given will be eliminated.
There will be no diseased. The unfit to use his body and mind to the greater development of mankind will be eliminated.
There will be no evil, as the concept of evil itself will be forever banished from the minds of men.
There will be no waste.
The Universe will function as a perfect machine.
Divinity and men, are one"

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #25 on: 15 Jul 2010, 14:23 »

Revan as a source of information that is canon is not very trustworthy.
The genetically enhanced thing is something based on the Bloodveil stuff which made her into a psionic assassin while the rest of the bunch was not much different.

Takmahl were Amarrians that left the Empire when the Empire went back into space that were heavily into biotech.
According to the COSMOS stuff most of the Blood Raider tech is based on their technology.
Also the Apocrypha that they had was basically seeing everyone as equal, therefore to the status quo of the Empire it would have lowered the True Amarr to the same level as the other people of the Empire, basically destroying the hierarchy of the Empire.
I think Lou can easily guide you to the COSMOS stuff connected to the Takmahl.

Perhaps the Sansha seeing Amarr as enemies is simple as this:

True Citizen slaves taken when the Nation was brought down by the coalition.
« Last Edit: 15 Jul 2010, 14:26 by lallara zhuul »

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #26 on: 15 Jul 2010, 14:27 »

The genetically enhanced thing is something based on the Bloodveil stuff which made her into a psionic assassin while the rest of the bunch was not much different.

Takmahl were Amarrians that left the Empire when the Empire went back into space that were heavily into biotech.
According to the COSMOS stuff most of the Blood Raider tech is based on their technology.
Also the Apocrypha that they had was basically seeing everyone as equal, therefore to the status quo of the Empire it would have lowered the True Amarr to the same level as the other people of the Empire, basically destroying the hierarchy of the Empire.
I think Lou can easily guide you to the COSMOS stuff connected to the Takmahl.

Yeah we're pretty big on the Empire because they basically burned down Esoteria and enslaved whatever didn't explode.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Arvo Katsuya

• Noble Appliance
  • Egger
« Reply #27 on: 15 Jul 2010, 20:19 »

While I'm not going to defend Revan, my opinions remain objective and I really don't care for any sort of bashing in general. If anything, please show me a counterpoint.

To add to what Ghost said:
Quote from: Esoteria Region Description
Esoteria
When Sansha's Nation was at the height of its power, Esoteria was one of its richest territories. Scholars, philosophers, scientists, and many of its most affluent True Citizens made it their home. The occupants relied on the remoteness of the region to keep them safe, anticipating that the legions of True Slaves in Stain would remain an impenetrable shield that none could pass.

When the Alliance of Empires swept down upon the Nation, the shield was shattered and their forces crushed under the alliance’s unassailable might. Then, like barbarians of old, the forces of the Amarr Empire crashed into Esoteria, pillaging and slaughtering all before them.

Now, all that remains of the Nation’s once-pervasive presence in the area is floating husks; great ruins that stand as both a eulogy to Sansha's former dream and a stark warning to any who might provoke the ire of all four Empire. The Nation continues to send their own ships into the area, scouring it for any bit of lost technology that might give them an edge in their attempt to resurrect Sansha's dream.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #28 on: 15 Jul 2010, 20:23 »

Any individual, from Revan to lallara to Ghost to you and me, shouldn't be considered a trustworthy source of canon without citations.

Player-created content is great and awesome, but we should understand it as such.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #29 on: 15 Jul 2010, 21:25 »

Opinions are pretty neat, huh?  ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3