Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Frentix is a very powerful painkiller?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Angels, Serpentis, and the Syndicate  (Read 7053 times)

Tomahawk Bliss

• Cut Yo' Face
  • Clonejack
Re: Angels, Serpentis, and the Syndicate
« Reply #15 on: 10 May 2010, 18:19 »

thank you kindly

Tomahawk Bliss

• Cut Yo' Face
  • Clonejack
« Reply #16 on: 12 May 2010, 17:32 »

only 9 members...no idea how many are alts.  I think Milo's cool beans and all but that isn't an active corp with active membership.

i'm looking for an active corporation/guild that is involved in this flavor and i'm kicking around some ideas of profitable/valuble/entertaining reasons for collborative operations and events.

any active corps or groups out there anyone know of?

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #17 on: 12 May 2010, 18:38 »

What are your criteria for 'active'? I was thinking in terms of 'not inactive'. Milo's bunch is new, I thought that they could use the interaction with a more established group to help get a leg up.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #18 on: 12 May 2010, 18:49 »

AI is very new, and I say that as a positive -- not a criticism in the least. I've had long (and probably annoying :p ) conversations with him about plans, and while it's not my place to announce anything, I think I can safely say he's got bigger plans.

They're active, certainly. Large, no, but that's a different criterion.

Tomahawk Bliss

• Cut Yo' Face
  • Clonejack
« Reply #19 on: 13 May 2010, 13:39 »

er...i guess my criteria for active is the same as anyone's criteria?

I mean active means active people doing active things.  *shrug*

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #20 on: 13 May 2010, 14:18 »

But if you have 9 members playing regularly, even though it's a small corp, isn't that active? You seemed to indicate that the size prevented you from considering it to be an active organization.

Tomahawk Bliss

• Cut Yo' Face
  • Clonejack
« Reply #21 on: 13 May 2010, 23:50 »

well I mean i didn't invent the idea of active vs not active.  i don't have hard and fast rules and i haven't invented the concept.  I guess if all nine people were on all the time that would we active?

but they aren't, and it isn't and I was hoping to find an active group.  I've had bad expereince with little groups sucking up a lot of time and energy to support but their own leadership isn't willing to actively grow.  I'm looking for an already established corp with activity and the ability to do things.

any of those involved in the serpentis/angel side?

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #22 on: 10 Jun 2010, 12:14 »

Interestingly, I've noticed that the Serpentis have way more agents in Curse (55) than in Fountain (13), despite the fact that the latter serves as their headquarters and whatnot. They also took over ORE Syndicate, of course, which only has 17 agents total, all in Outer Ring (naturally).

You could take this in several different ways, ranging from assuming it doesn't reflect anything in particular IC to thinking that the Cartel does have a large influence over the Serpentis and wants to keep them close.

On a side note, this may change at higher levels, but Angel Cartel agents have not assigned me any L1s against the Republic. Lots of activity against the Federation, some against the Khanid (and of course CONCORD and Sansha), but nothing against the Republic. I'm pondering how to take that IC.

Vieve

« Reply #23 on: 10 Jun 2010, 17:51 »

On a side note, this may change at higher levels, but Angel Cartel agents have not assigned me any L1s against the Republic. Lots of activity against the Federation, some against the Khanid (and of course CONCORD and Sansha), but nothing against the Republic. I'm pondering how to take that IC.

Wacky.  That sounds almost like the Thukker missions that Sabi was running into after the Thukker "mended its ties" with the Republic.  I don't recall a single mission against the Angels, either.

And yeah, she did stop doing missions when the supposed Republic allies wanted her to shoot at the Federation. :P 

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #24 on: 12 Jun 2010, 00:19 »

Could be just like RL dope. Take it from someone who knows. The producer never distributes. The producer deals with far less heat because of a lack of exposure. The distributor deals with a very large amount of heat due to massively increased exposure, but the profit is exponentially higher.

Serpentis produces, Angels distribute. Angels are happy because they make a fuckton of money that they wouldn't be making if the Serpentis got majorly busted. Serpentis is happy because they have virtually 0 cost. Just like the way it goes down on terra firma, while you were reading my poast.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #25 on: 14 Jun 2010, 10:19 »

In The Burning Life, the Angel Cartel is presented as having substantial research programs. In fact, they focus so much on the generated data and knowledge that they occasionally do so to the exclusion of rescuing their own people.

I'm thinking about the areas in which they'd focus. Ship design, certainly. Probably weapon systems. They might not bother with more basic research, though, nor biological fields (leaving that to the Serpentis). In fact, they probably have a large focus on secondary research from what they can glean from the Jovian remains, right?

Any other thoughts on this?

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #26 on: 15 Jun 2010, 12:06 »

I think it might be that they do do a certain amount of basic research, and pharma/bio research. I agree that their spacecraft/weapons/etc. research might be more extensive, but given how large the Cartel is, secondary research areas are probably still given quite a bit of attention.

How much basic research and even research into more 'mundane' areas (agriculture, industry, etc) might depends on the degree to which the Cartel is an empire unto itself.

They might also collaborate on projects with the Serps, rather than leaving things entirely to them. 

You know, if the Cartel has a history of secondary research (working out the Jove stuff), I wonder if they might have projects running on sleeper/rogue drone/etc more 'newly discovered' tech from none-traditional sources?

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #27 on: 15 Jun 2010, 22:35 »

That might fall in line with the rumors that they gained much of their power from reverse-engineered Jovian tech. Which might further suggest that some folks might try to get access to their data through friendlier means than blowing up asteroid belt patrols... ;)

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #28 on: 28 Jun 2010, 21:35 »

We also know that the Republic Security Services deal extensively with the underworld for information exchange and black marketing. The RSS agent who leads into the Angel epic arc talks about using them for muscle against the Guristas and Sansha, or at least supporting their efforts there.

It seems to me that this nexus has a lot of potential value here. I kicked around some ideas with Ember Vykos tonight in the Angel Cartel channel. The Cartel could help out the RSS by, say, providing weaponry or other supplies to covert cells, or perhaps some exfiltration/infiltration (note that Curse borders the Mandate). And since they have extensive operations everywhere, it would stand to reason they could provide information or more to the Republic.

Conversely, they could use the Republic to tamp down other groups, not just the Sansha but competitors like the Guristas or smaller groups.

This could also point up more differences between "Curse Angels" and the rest: the RSS doesn't really like the Cartel moving in on Republic territory, but everywhere else is sort of fair game, maybe?

Thoughts?

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #29 on: 28 Jun 2010, 22:49 »

This could also point up more differences between "Curse Angels" and the rest: the RSS doesn't really like the Cartel moving in on Republic territory, but everywhere else is sort of fair game, maybe?

Now that Im thinking about it. The RSS could also use the Cartel against its enemies. Example: Known Cartel raiding party travels through Republic space heading to Amarr space. The RSS knows who they are and what they will most likely do, but the Amarr is an enemy of the Republic so they just let them go. I know its not exactly using the Cartel, but turning a blind eye to a priate on his way to do someone harm(even if it is an enemy) isnt something most security/police/military forces would do.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon
Pages: 1 [2] 3