Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

DED has very long-standing military laws governing the conduct of its officers.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Angels, Serpentis, and the Syndicate  (Read 7054 times)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Angels, Serpentis, and the Syndicate
« on: 29 Apr 2010, 11:29 »

But yeah, as I told Milo yesterday: when somebody creates a project that exists somewhere in that Angel / Serpentis / Syndicate nexus, they get my interest.

This got me thinking about the relationship between these three entities. We know that the Angels do security for the Serps, and the Serps are all over the Syndicate. Do they exert control over things in Syndicate? Certain places? General influence? How much of stuff do they run behind the scenes?

How much are the Angels involved? What about the deal between the Angels and the Serps? Obviously the Serps have some muscle - they stole a titan, after all - but how much do they depend on the Angels? How closely are the Guardian Angels still tied to their parent organization and how closely are the tied to the Serps?

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Angels, Serpentis, and the Syndicate
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2010, 11:34 »

I assumed (possibly incorrectly) that the Syndicate is a great place for the Serpentis to sell their stuff, and that they have at worst something like a NAP with the Cartel.

After all, if somebody's running a black market and welcomes you to participate, then you might as well cooperate based on mutual interests.

Inara Subaka

• Egger
  • Business Woman
« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2010, 14:29 »

I'm not sure about their relationship with the Syndicate, aside from working in the same area. It may be as simple as a place to sell their wares.

How much are the Angels involved? What about the deal between the Angels and the Serps? Obviously the Serps have some muscle - they stole a titan, after all - but how much do they depend on the Angels? How closely are the Guardian Angels still tied to their parent organization and how closely are the tied to the Serps?

As for the Angel/Serpentis relationship, I've done a bit of reading and piecing together what I can from the missions out there and the PF from chrons and the wiki; and this is what seems to make sense from what I've seen.

The Serps have a very minimal amount of muscle, and what they do have is dedicated to defending the drug manufacturing plants and storage facilities. Even what they have for those tasks isn't enough, which is why they hire the Guardian Angels from the Angel Cartel to be their muscle (you'll even note that the Vindi, Vigilant, and Daredevil are actually Guardian Angel ships, not Serpentis ships).

The Cartel sees this as a mutually beneficial arrangement, as they get first pick of the boosters that the Sarpati family produces and of course there's the racketeering view as well (the Serps would be screwed without the Cartel, the Feddies would have wiped them out the way I understand things; and if they weren't hiring the Guardian Angels, who's to say they wouldn't).

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2010, 14:59 »

Do you think of the NPC faction standings to each other as indicative of their relationship?

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #4 on: 29 Apr 2010, 15:04 »

Do you think of the NPC faction standings to each other as indicative of their relationship?

I think they can be part of the picture, at least. It seems to me that standings are in large part where the idea of two (very loose) groups for outlaw factions comes from: Serps/Angels (though obviously this is more explicitly outlined elsewhere), and Blooders/Sansha/Guristas. My guess would be that the second have something more like a NAP in order to help them all compete with the first.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 29 Apr 2010, 15:17 »

Yeah, I have trouble seeing how the Guristas are really compatible with the BRs or Sanshabotz apart from that rationale.

And I would think that those latter two would compete, but what do I know? ;)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #6 on: 30 Apr 2010, 19:48 »

Well, the Empire is a big place, big enough that the Blooders and the Sanshas as two of the less huge of the pirate factions might well be able to share without stepping on eachother's toes.

I'm actually wondering where the Blooders compete with the Angels, though. I mean, the Sanshas it is a border issue, and I think the Guristas have enough similarities business-wise, but the Blooders?

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #7 on: 30 Apr 2010, 20:42 »

Yeah, I have trouble seeing how the Guristas are really compatible with the BRs or Sanshabotz apart from that rationale.

As I said in the did you know thread, and as I continue to have trouble finding the damn source of information, the Covenant and the Nation are not on friendly terms. Their relationship is one of necessity, as both have been and continue to be targets of extermination by the Amarr Empire.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #8 on: 01 May 2010, 11:48 »

As I said in the did you know thread, and as I continue to have trouble finding the damn source of information, the Covenant and the Nation are not on friendly terms. Their relationship is one of necessity, as both have been and continue to be targets of extermination by the Amarr Empire.

Maybe a Sansha mission?

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #9 on: 01 May 2010, 14:06 »

Maybe a Sansha mission?

Possibly, maybe a storyline one from the level 3s I went through. It might also be a cosmos/dead space thing. Anyway I'll stop derailing now.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #10 on: 01 May 2010, 19:33 »

Made a thread here for the Sansha/Blooder/Gurista discussion.

Back on topic:

My impression is that the Serps are largely almost a client faction of the Angels - but that in Fountain and Syndicate that isn't the case and the reverse might even be true.

If you have a guy with a knife, and he is protecting you because you don't have one of your own (or yours is very much smaller) then you're also pretty much at his mercy.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 02 May 2010, 13:11 »

To a degree, sure. But the outsourced security guards hired to protect research labs or factories even in our world don't necessarily exert huge amounts of influence over the firms. I don't think that analogy works well enough to bear incredibly close scrutiny, mind, but I do think that lots of give and take in the relationship happens, in both directions.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #12 on: 09 May 2010, 19:49 »

To a degree, sure. But the outsourced security guards hired to protect research labs or factories even in our world don't necessarily exert huge amounts of influence over the firms. I don't think that analogy works well enough to bear incredibly close scrutiny, mind, but I do think that lots of give and take in the relationship happens, in both directions.

I think that is pretty well borne out by the fact that the Angels haven't absorbed the Serps yet. Not only that, but even if the relationship is in some ways asymmetrical, the Serps clearly still have their own leadership etc.

Tomahawk Bliss

• Cut Yo' Face
  • Clonejack
« Reply #13 on: 09 May 2010, 23:13 »

DX4 has been sending folks out to do missions and gather info on this topic.  I am very interested in opinions on it.

I am looking for cooperation but i can't locate any active RP groups dedicated to this side and i haven't been able to come up with a reason to enitce such a group to collaborate.
« Last Edit: 10 May 2010, 18:18 by Tomahawk Bliss »

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #14 on: 10 May 2010, 11:30 »

There's Anshar, which is new and Syndicate/Serp aligned, Toma. Have it on the (so far rather short) corp list here: http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=142.0
Pages: [1] 2 3