Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Hyasyoda megacorporation is part of the 'liberal' faction, but is internally extremely conservative in business and its internal culture, with a great deal of pressure for employees to 'fit in'? It is still largely owned by the founding Osmon family.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: DUST 514  (Read 33161 times)

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
Re: DUST 514
« Reply #150 on: 03 Jun 2011, 19:23 »

Website and trailer as CCP is attending E3 this year and the press gets bored with you fast if you show up to a big convention and don't show anything grand.

Possibly also news about release date.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #151 on: 03 Jun 2011, 21:12 »

Yeah, no question it's related to whatever they're going to show at E3 next week.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #153 on: 03 Jun 2011, 22:15 »

And EVE looks like a crappy X clone.

Crucifire

« Reply #154 on: 04 Jun 2011, 00:05 »

Hoping the Sony logos aren't implying it will be console specific.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #155 on: 04 Jun 2011, 03:12 »

God I hope it's PS3 specific. No Xbox Live!

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #156 on: 04 Jun 2011, 04:04 »

Why on earth would it be console-specific? You'll be cutting off the larger market for an inferior one that gets hacked and shut down for weeks.

Anyway, I find those screens disappointing. everything looks generic sci-fi, ie. Caldari. What will Amarr and Minmatar look like?

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #157 on: 04 Jun 2011, 05:19 »

Very big surprise that equipment sporting Kaalakiota logos looks Caldari.

Though yes, some variation showing other races' equipment would be welcome.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #158 on: 04 Jun 2011, 06:16 »

TonyG's presentation revealed the faction corps that would be involved in the DUST soldiers. KK was one of them, along with the rest of the Patriot bloc.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #160 on: 04 Jun 2011, 08:05 »

I want to see Matari st00f
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #161 on: 04 Jun 2011, 10:05 »

So far there is still some hope. I expect - no I demand - that the other factions have unique, distinct styles and weaponry. If I have to get up to the side of a tank to look at the emblem in use instead of being able to spot, say, a Matari infantry group or an Imperial tank line from a good distance because they are visually and technically distinct, then that's yet another reason for me NOT to get this game.

If they make it worth the prize to go get a damnable console and then the game, I might just go do that. If on the other hand they make everyone look like clones of your standard-fare Hettist fan-boy they can wave good-bye to a number of possible subscribers, I think.

On a somewhat different point, am I the only one tired of CCP's constant 'go Caldari' attitude with this game? So far cinematics, trailers and gods know what else have all been focusing on the State's take on things, unless I've missed something. And I expect like most others here, I'd love to see the visual difference on the other factions. Anyone of them is better than what we have seen so far. I refuse to think all the different 'sides' will look like this.

...unless ofc the reason everything will look like this and the game will be console-only is to leech off the console market, PF be damned. In that case they might stay with generic/State like visuals so not to scare off any costumers with exotic visuals. I'll hope they got more sense than that.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #162 on: 04 Jun 2011, 12:38 »

Right, the list of DUST corps are...

AMARR - Imperial Armaments, Carthum Conglomerate, Viziam
CALDARI - Lai Dai, Wiyrkomi, Kaalakiota
GALLENTE - CreoDron, Duvolle Labs, Allotek Industries (Roden subsidiary)
MINMATAR - Boundless Creations, Core Complexion, Freedom Extension

TonyG said that "while the Gallente can make a laser weapon, for the best, you'd want to go to Viziam"

So, we've seen KK stuff so far? The Forever trailer has that turret that gets destroyed, and that looks Gallente at least.

Hurs Sokira

« Reply #163 on: 04 Jun 2011, 14:06 »

Hoping the Sony logos aren't implying it will be console specific.
From Kotaku
And the countdown itself ends at 5 p.m. Pacific time on Monday which is, lo and behold, when Sony's E3 presentation kicks off.
I predict massive failure with DUST. Console gamers are notoriously fickle and those screenshots look worse than the demo released couple of years ago. How they are going to compete for players with titles like BF3 and MW3 coming out?

What is the differentiator? Pencil skirts?

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #164 on: 04 Jun 2011, 14:48 »

Then CCP are fucking stupid; PSN was down for six weeks, what is meant to happen in EVE should that happen? In addition, 360 is the other, slightly larger half of the console market.

And yes, I dont know how DUST is meant to be sustainable. EVE you can update, but how do you stop DUST from becoming outdated and outrun?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19