Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Adventures of White Lightning" is a Gallentean soap opera.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Bad Religion  (Read 6805 times)

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
Re: Bad Religion
« Reply #45 on: 28 Aug 2011, 00:32 »

It certainly was. I think King Khanid - while he'd still be embracing the doctrine of sacred flesh - wouldn't exactly interpret this the way that therefore you've to ban cloning. ;)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #46 on: 28 Aug 2011, 01:12 »

Sacred Flesh doctrine applies to the upper levels of Amarr society, because, as Chosen and Righteous and all that, they're held to a Higher Standard than lower persons.

There are also very good reasons to frown at and prohibit cloning amongst persons of power.
The Mad Emperor for example. One of my/Kat's thoughts about that was that he may have had clones or was preparing some, such that he would be an immortal emperor, which would be greatly inconvenient.
So when he's disposed of, the Church interpret scripture and set things in motion such that that sort of thing cannot happen again. Saint Articus for example: http://www.eveonline.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=2491&tid=2

prohibiting cloning prevents malcontent/undesirable persons in power from coming back again and again.

Cloning for lesser persons is allowed, because they do not have as great a Duty and all that.
There's a few examples about it in the PF, people up to minor Holders have some form of clone. There's a chronicle, and also there's a thing ingame in the lvl1 epic arc.

\o/

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #47 on: 28 Aug 2011, 02:34 »

1. The Tetrimon, it's leaders, it's scriptures, it's CORE, were all destroyed by an Amarr Navy Dread Fleet led by Jonas Takrima.
I was there. Trust me. It's quite dead.

2. Kaleigh, I wish you luck, as long as this religion is based on an external 'thing' and not on the glorification of a single person. Because that has been done. And you know quite well how it went. I don't wish that on you at all.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #48 on: 28 Aug 2011, 05:10 »

1. The Tetrimon, it's leaders, it's scriptures, it's CORE, were all destroyed by an Amarr Navy Dread Fleet led by Jonas Takrima.
I was there. Trust me. It's quite dead.

Like Jamyl ?  :D

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #49 on: 01 Sep 2011, 06:10 »

I would actually be quite interested in this, as I do have a Khanid character who is currently somewhat lacking in direction. Is the cult idea still in the works? and who should I be looking to talk to about it in-game? :D

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #50 on: 02 Sep 2011, 07:00 »

I found an interesting tidbit of information from the Khanid chronicle that I overlooked before:

Quote from: Khanid Kingdom Chron
Many other notable differences can be seen between the kingdom and the empire - the Dark Amarrians embrace technology, including cloning, much more willingly than the Amarr brethrens and even if most Amarrian traditions and customs still exist within the kingdom, they’ve been modified so that Dark Amarrian society is much more dynamic and robust than that of the Amarr Empire.

If anything, Khanid interpretations of cloning and technology are much less strict than traditional Amarrians. Hence why one of the major backgrounds for the Khanid ethnic group is the Cyberknight, or a heavily technologically augmented individual. So in retrospect, I think picking a Khanid was a good choice.

I'm not sure the Cyberknight sub-culture is specific to the kingdom. Rather I think it is an outgrowth of the Khanid racial (as opposed to House Khanid) tradition of serving as military.

It's not as though every Khanid in the entire empire would've followed the house into exile after all.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #51 on: 02 Sep 2011, 10:01 »

I'm sure you could make an argument either way. Personally, I'd say its more of a cultural difference between the kingdom and the Empire, as the empire seems to have this thing with self-mutilation.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #52 on: 02 Sep 2011, 10:41 »

I haven't much time to explore this project lately, mostly thanks to a hurricane and Deus Ex. I made a character but still working on the details. Feel free to run with any of the ideas here in the meantime.

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
« Reply #53 on: 03 Sep 2011, 09:06 »

imho.. the godflesh taboo is yesterday's news...

The emperess being a clone and all that.... :P

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #54 on: 04 Sep 2011, 00:39 »

I think the loyalists of the psychic zombie bitch queen refer to her returning as a miracle.

Hence she was not cloned, but resurrected by the divine power of God.

Do not mistake baseline people or capsuleers to be characters from the PF.

They do not work with the same set of rules.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Lucius Vindictus

• Clonejack
« Reply #55 on: 14 Nov 2011, 12:42 »

It could be interesting to create a religion around yourself by declaring yourself a prophet/visionary. Even a God, or avatar thereof. Even if you can't get other capsuleers to worship you, you could still RP that your crews do.

I know you said that you aren't into it. But I'll say this because it might give someone else an idea. What Laerise suggested does sound like a lot of fun. We've seen plenty of Blood Raider RP'ers fresh out of the academy that write essays and boasts on the IGS, but then hide in starbases or never log back on when they inevitably get the first wardecs. Every time that happens I let out a sigh of disappointment because so much potential for the type of fun RP I like is lost. There aren't many factions that hate eachother as bitterly as the Blood Raiders and the Amarrians.
Many/most of the Amarrian RP'ers I know tend to be the type of person that probably built sandcastles as a kid. Many are industrialists, ideal targets to small raiding forces. If I had the play time to make it work I'd personally enjoy having a small group of marauding Blood Raiders. Even if it didn't leave a spectacular mark on New Eden. I hope the next one to try will be more discrete at first when members are few, and show us the "Raider" in "Blood Raider" again!

Tiberius Wenchel

• Media Mogul
  • Clonejack
  • soi soi soi
    • Redshift Media on Youtube
« Reply #56 on: 14 Nov 2011, 21:57 »

Timecube transcends one day god. Evil oneists are educated stupid. All space has four corner opposite pole rotation space.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #57 on: 14 Nov 2011, 23:37 »

Does anyone recall what the latest resolution with the Order of St Tetrimon was? There's a fine cult if there ever was one.  Last I recall they were still hiding out in the Khanid Kingdom for the last few hundred years, and I believe they actually 'welcomed' Jamyl home?

Hmm.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #58 on: 15 Nov 2011, 06:03 »

They were completely eradicated.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #59 on: 15 Nov 2011, 08:51 »

lallara do you have links to the relevant news articles? I vaguely remember something but I'd like to see what the 'official' turn of events was.....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5