Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Fleet Coordination Commission or FCORD was created in direct response to Nation Incursions. It main purpose is to alert of Incursions and help marshal fleets to repel them.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Bad Religion  (Read 6798 times)

Kaleigh Doyle

Bad Religion
« on: 16 Aug 2011, 13:06 »

So I'm thinking about starting a new religion in Eve. Preferably something cultish, elitist, and exclusive.  Any suggestions on rituals, background, etc.?

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
Re: Bad Religion
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2011, 13:18 »

Looking to make a million bucks?

On a more serious note, that's a really interesting idea. My mind is now churning.
Good thing we're ahead of schedule.

Rova053

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2011, 14:05 »

Depending on what you're going after....oh heck yeah do I have ideas for you.

Heh, be careful what you wish for though, you just might get it.

Eve-mail if you'd like to discuss options.  Or gimme a shout here.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #3 on: 16 Aug 2011, 14:13 »

Well, that depends, who do you want to piss off?  What you just described is more or less every religion at some point in its history.  But if you want something wild and crazy, I know people who know people, but you didn't get it from me, okay?

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #4 on: 16 Aug 2011, 17:00 »

Why not something with those Gallente gods and goddesses you made? Someone made a character who is a Federation Navy Chaplain and an ordained Daughter of Amaute.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #5 on: 17 Aug 2011, 00:01 »

Religion based on science, worshiiping the calculating and exact laws of the universe. Maybe worshipping stars as angels or divine manifistations, and wormholes as demons. you could be against anyone who willingly travels through the "Maw of Demons", wardeccing WH corps.

Another sexualized and masochistic religion would piss off the Amarr I bet, while attracting some less than savory characters. Not a giant ERP festival, I mean, but rather one centric to hedonism maybe? Like Slaanesh? that's always fun

Or you could start a cult of the monocle. Just kidding.

Thing is you have to make it wild but fun, so it isn't Scientology in space... unless you want Scientology in space.

Raze Valadeus

« Reply #6 on: 17 Aug 2011, 04:42 »

There's already plenty of cults off of the Amarrian religion. (Being vocal, religious pricks tends to invoke that kind of response).

What would be neat if you can pull it off, is some sort of cult based on the Matari spirituality. Like, maybe the spirits aren't "good" or maybe the only way to please the spirits in your cult is hedonism? Maybe sacrifice? Not sure really, I'd need to put more time into it...but basing your cult on something not "cultified" already would keep it unique, no matter how similar it may be to another cult.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #7 on: 17 Aug 2011, 04:51 »

Religion based on science, worshiiping the calculating and exact laws of the universe. Maybe worshipping stars as angels or divine manifistations, and wormholes as demons. you could be against anyone who willingly travels through the "Maw of Demons", wardeccing WH corps.

It already exists, its called the SoCT. :derp:

Ok no, not the second part. Not at all.

There's already plenty of cults off of the Amarrian religion. (Being vocal, religious pricks tends to invoke that kind of response).

What would be neat if you can pull it off, is some sort of cult based on the Matari spirituality. Like, maybe the spirits aren't "good" or maybe the only way to please the spirits in your cult is hedonism? Maybe sacrifice? Not sure really, I'd need to put more time into it...but basing your cult on something not "cultified" already would keep it unique, no matter how similar it may be to another cult.

Oh yeah, an Aztec cult ! Reinventing Tlaloc. Do eeet

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 17 Aug 2011, 05:41 »

An evil sect and then convice all for mass sucide  :twisted:

Kazzzi

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 17 Aug 2011, 05:46 »

I hear you can get to heaven thru wormholes. I bet you can get to hell that way too, even if the Amarrish don't believe in hell anymore.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #10 on: 17 Aug 2011, 07:03 »

You can make decent money that way if you're a little lucky. WH corps tend to be really smart - while they're in their hole. Once they hit hisec they tend to do really silly things like fly frieghters full of expensive loot to market while under an orphans wardeck.

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #11 on: 17 Aug 2011, 09:44 »

Like Slaanesh? that's always fun
Don't do this... the only thing I can't resist is temptation  ;)
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #12 on: 17 Aug 2011, 10:14 »

So I have three concepts:

Cult of Aesthetics: Kaleigh was initially a rather staunch ultra-feminist (see: glamour bunnies) and connoisseur of the aesthetic (see: GLB beauty test) in the day, but kinda lost her way after forming a mega-conglomerate, getting mixed up in politics, and getting married twice. Now that she's kinda aimless, I had considered forming an exclusive society of aesthetically pleasing individuals and building a cult around the concept. Finding divine beauty in the physical, in one's behavior, in nature, and repelling ugliness wherever it may be found.

Machine Cult: Nola seems like a prime candidate for this role, but she's far too scientific to take a religious perspective on these matters. The machine cult would essentially hold the belief that man and machine were meant to be one, and that a great visionary (AI perhaps) would usher in this great new age of enlightenment.

Cult of Rebirth: X. Capsule pilots would use the cloning process as a method of washing one's sins away. A tattoo would be placed on the body after rebirth, to signify the mark of one's past lives. Also, helping others cleanse their sins would be a positive thing. ;)

I dunno, I'm just playing with ideas at this point.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #13 on: 17 Aug 2011, 10:48 »

So I have three concepts:

Cult of Aesthetics: Kaleigh was initially a rather staunch ultra-feminist (see: glamour bunnies) and connoisseur of the aesthetic (see: GLB beauty test) in the day, but kinda lost her way after forming a mega-conglomerate, getting mixed up in politics, and getting married twice. Now that she's kinda aimless, I had considered forming an exclusive society of aesthetically pleasing individuals and building a cult around the concept. Finding divine beauty in the physical, in one's behavior, in nature, and repelling ugliness wherever it may be found.

Only if Kat can join!

Machine Cult: Nola seems like a prime candidate for this role, but she's far too scientific to take a religious perspective on these matters. The machine cult would essentially hold the belief that man and machine were meant to be one, and that a great visionary (AI perhaps) would usher in this great new age of enlightenment.

An AI leading a cult? Sounds like Fallout 3's President... whatever his name was. I like it!

Cult of Rebirth: X. Capsule pilots would use the cloning process as a method of washing one's sins away. A tattoo would be placed on the body after rebirth, to signify the mark of one's past lives. Also, helping others cleanse their sins would be a positive thing. ;)

Classic. I love it.

Raze Valadeus

« Reply #14 on: 17 Aug 2011, 11:56 »

Cult of Rebirth...huh...I might consider making an alt for that one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5