Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That CCP financed the initial development of EVE Online by publishing a board game called Hættuspil ("Danger Game")?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New wormhole info on IGS?  (Read 4006 times)

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
New wormhole info on IGS?
« on: 25 Jul 2012, 17:58 »

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1697749&#post1697749

It seems some industrious chap noticed a visible change in the Promised Land wormhole opened by Sansha.

He also posted something I hadn't heard before: that complex fullerene shards (CFS) might have something to do with accessing said wormhole. Apparently, CFS have been found in the wrecks of downed Sansha motherships in incursions.

Now... see, I want to get all excited about this again, like how I got excited for Arek'Jalaan... and imagine that CCP has actually added some kind of content involving using CFS as a "key" to unlock otherwise inaccessible wormholes...

... but honestly, I don't believe they care about the storyline enough to do that sort of thing. Especially after DropBear's departure from fiction-land.

What do y'all think?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: New wormhole info on IGS?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2012, 17:59 »

Just to clarify, the CFS were dropped from live event motherships, and do not appear in Kundalini or Uroborus drops.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jul 2012, 18:30 »

The Promised Land wormhole graphic was updated in the last patch, for reasons unclear. I am curious to see if the Angel Epic Arc Sansha Wormholes have changed as well, the graphic was very out of date and somewhat jarring in the current graphical environment.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

hellgremlin

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 25 Jul 2012, 18:57 »

Can you link one of the killmails where the Revenant dropped CFS?

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jul 2012, 20:29 »

Just to clarify, the CFS were dropped from live event motherships, and do not appear in Kundalini or Uroborus drops.

As I remember a Jovian Admiral dropped some in the early years too.
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #5 on: 25 Jul 2012, 21:15 »

As I remember a Jovian Admiral dropped some in the early years too.

The primary source of the shards was when a Jovian Ambassador got  vaporized by a teleporter accident, sending the shards all over the universe. To my knowledge nothing dropped by Ouria remained in the game because illegal items were part of the loot drop.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #6 on: 26 Jul 2012, 01:00 »

... but honestly, I don't believe they care about the storyline enough to do that sort of thing. Especially after DropBear's departure from fiction-land.

What do y'all think?

I don't always think you're right.

But I think you're right.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 26 Jul 2012, 02:39 »

Nice work by Faulx; pretty much the only A'J torchbearer left.  :|
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
« Reply #8 on: 26 Jul 2012, 11:27 »

What do y'all think?

This is untrue, no matter how many times people repeat it, especially as CCP has recently reconstituted a storyline team under the direction of TorfiFrans (as reported by Delegate Zero during the ATX broadcast).

hellgremlin

• Pod Captain
« Reply #9 on: 26 Jul 2012, 11:55 »

Ah, I did not know there was a team back in action.

Still, it feels like the fiction guys are doing fiction on their off-hours while concentrating on other things. And missing a lot in the process.

I mean look at this:

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Idonis_Ardishapur

The page for Idonis Ardishapur lists Ezzara IV and Arzad II as separate and different planets, stating that the orbital bombardment extermination of the Starkmanir occurred on the former, while the Outcast colony lies on the latter. AFAIK Starkman Prime = Arzad II, and I'm not sure where Ezzara IV even came from.

Where are the galaxy-shattering, Seyllin-scale mega events? Where are the awesome videos of capital ships crashing into stations? I want space opera, but instead I'm getting space downtempo. Space chillout mixes.

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #10 on: 26 Jul 2012, 13:44 »

Still, it feels like the fiction guys are doing fiction on their off-hours while concentrating on other things. And missing a lot in the process.

I mean look at this:

The page for Idonis Ardishapur lists Ezzara IV and Arzad II as separate and different planets, stating that the orbital bombardment extermination of the Starkmanir occurred on the former, while the Outcast colony lies on the latter. AFAIK Starkman Prime = Arzad II, and I'm not sure where Ezzara IV even came from.

From the looks of the page history, someone in ISD (Mercury?) tidied up Publius' article in November last year. Seems like the Ezzara error was entered at that point.

The Starkmanir and Starkman Prime articles seem to be correct, so what you're saying is that CCP's newly-reformed storyline team, instead of getting to sorting out the stuff that needs to be sorted out, should have gone through everything to catch a single planet name error in a semi-stub article for a minor historical character that was introduced six months ago?

I really wish CCP would dedicate that sort of resources to fiction, but at this point it's really nit-picking.

hellgremlin

• Pod Captain
« Reply #11 on: 26 Jul 2012, 14:24 »

It was just an example I spotted that bugged me.

Publius Valerius

« Reply #12 on: 26 Jul 2012, 14:53 »

I mean look at this:

From the looks of the page history, someone in ISD (Mercury?) tidied up Publius' article in November last year. Seems like the Ezzara error was entered at that point.

The Starkmanir and Starkman Prime articles seem to be correct, so what you're saying is that CCP's newly-reformed storyline team, instead of getting to sorting out the stuff that needs to be sorted out, should have gone through everything to catch a single planet name error in a semi-stub article for a minor historical character that was introduced six months ago?

I really wish CCP would dedicate that sort of resources to fiction, but at this point it's really nit-picking.

Oh.... ehm... yeah... I had many open construction sites on the wiki. When you start it is most of the time more work than you think; and it is hard to do next to something else (work, mining. transport, POS stuff etc...). As I havent Idonis listed on my contribution page, is most likely the reason that I forgot him or not looked up from time to time. Maybe make a comment on the talk page about the stuff which bother you.....

As for the other articles.... Starkman Prime and other stuff.... If I remember right had the past wiki team (pre immersion-project) the YARR, Wyke, me and many others a discussion.... about the topic Starkman Homeworld, because there were different mention... form ingame iteams, over chronicles, the a really old timeline chart, and many other questions... sadly I forgot the talk page.... or it ovewirtten (over save). So all in all, the Starkman where already a problem case, which never got really sorted out (and their use in TEA highlighted this errors.... maybe one good thing about the book). So back to the topic, everything which is in the wiki now isnt translated everywhere, most likely there are sides/complex in eve with old discreptions or some iteams which have still the old describtion.

Sadly Im to lazy to search right now.... so I have add some links, from categorys which I had made in my old times, where I was more activ on the wiki, maybe you will find the ansers/questions you seek. Or maybe even the talk pages.... if later, plz add a link, because I think Wyke or some  other player had add a full list with all ingame infos form wiki over missions over to mission rats from http://eveinfo.com. So there were alot of conflicting/inconsistent infos already in the past, and will still be in the present.
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Hand_of_Arzad
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Category:Amarr_Trade_Goods
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Category:Minmatar_Trade_Goods
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Category:Ammatar_Trade_Goods

What do y'all think?

This is untrue, no matter how many times people repeat it, especially as CCP has recently reconstituted a storyline team under the direction of TorfiFrans (as reported by Delegate Zero during the ATX broadcast).

Was always a torfi fan.... http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=3334 He had save Wilbur  ;).

Nice work by Faulx; pretty much the only A'J torchbearer left.  :|

He is one of the few which I see in the update page on the wiki....  :(

Edit: Totally forgot there was also something with the planet it was gas or barren ingame, which had mean that the number was wrong.... but it is so long I already forget to half which I know about the Ammatars etc.... :(
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2012, 15:26 by Publius Valerius »

Publius Valerius

« Reply #13 on: 26 Jul 2012, 15:13 »

What do y'all think?

I don't always think you're right.

But I think you're right.
Ehm... If I remember right is Abraxas currently on the Dust site to add there some new infos, I think there will dropping some stuff to us.

I also know how sadly it sounds, even if I wrote it. But dont forget breadcrumb is also something to eat :P (just joking). I think that after Dust 514 and hopefuly gets it CCP some cash early and alot so that they can bump up some teams. I think currently is it a transitional time, where CCP (which is a medium size company) has just to much on his to do list, that "minior" things arent in the focus right now. So overall Im happy the AT X was nice (and that PL lost). That we have a new chron and that there is still work on the fiction side, like the Khanid II  page. It is all step by step, and I have experienced some stuff can be more time consuming than you thing first [remember a player - Victor - which had wanted to add all certifacts to the wiki, but I sadly It was a bigger task than it looks].

« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2012, 16:41 by Publius Valerius »

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #14 on: 29 Jul 2012, 12:52 »

Clarified the exact location of Starkman Prime, which was previously implied to have been variously in Minmatar or Amarr space. The planet’s location was cemented in the Arzad system, and references added to Chronicle “Khumaak” to make it clear the system once belonged to the Minmatar but that it had changed hands at the time the Chronicle took place. Reference also added to Chronicle “The Outcast” that Arzad is currently a disputed border zone.
Pages: [1] 2