Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New wormhole info on IGS?  (Read 3997 times)

Reyd Karris

Re: New wormhole info on IGS?
« Reply #15 on: 30 Jul 2012, 22:03 »

This is untrue, no matter how many times people repeat it, especially as CCP has recently reconstituted a storyline team under the direction of TorfiFrans (as reported by Delegate Zero during the ATX broadcast).
Wait, Torfi's now in charge of storyline!?

Best news I've heard in years!

Arvash

• Clonejack
« Reply #16 on: 30 Jul 2012, 22:52 »

All - The explanation for this is pretty simple, and sadly is all rooted in A'J, not actual story action.

I spent a lot of time photographing wormholes for Project Catapult, specifically to find ol' Kuvakei. Of course, the Promised Land wormhole being what it is, it was the most interesting. CCP had a default background they used for every "generic" icon, and they also used whatever system that was, presumably somewhere in Jove-land, for their default snaps and their launch points for Live Event invasions.

When Crucible rolled around and the nebulae changed, I filed a comment or a bug somewhere, damn if I can find it, saying that there was one nebula they forgot - the one in Sansha's wormhole. It still had the old pre-Crucible graphics.

I dropped my sub shortly after, but the bug remained on file, and showed up as fixed in the latest release. Mark726 of EVE Travel, collaborator with Faulx on A'J Project Compass and me on A'J Project Tesseract, helped me out and flew out there to check.

21 Jun mark726 ‏@webspaceships
From patch notes: "The wormhole graphic in the Promised Land system has been altered." cc @EVE_Rhavas #eveonline #tweetfleet

25 Jun mark726 ‏@webspaceships
Iiiiinteresting. Violent Wormhole in Promised Land now only shows galactic disk in background. No nebulae. cc @EVE_Rhavas

So... it's possible that we might have some info on where Kuvakei is hiding at last. But it's also possible that this is CCP's new dumbed-down generic background.

If it's Fade, I'd also submit that Faulx is looking in the wrong place. He needs to look at A0 systems - namely K4YZ-Y (it would be very interesting to see the Abandoned Battlefield in this system) and FI01-8.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #17 on: 31 Jul 2012, 01:53 »

The 'default background' was the Caldari Nebulae from early EVE launch. The same nebulae was present in the portraits of the original Caldari ship backgrounds. To my knowledge the Jovian nebulae has never been used, not even in the Jovian ship portraits (which also used the Caldari background IIRC).

I'm not sure where Fade came into the equation, as the lack of any solar nebulae means whatever is on the otherside of the wormhole could be anywhere in the universe. Or inside a massive superstructure hangar?

Edit ; I stand corrected, they used the Jovian nebulae in the original Jovian ship portraits.
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/9507/20060825084258gv7.png
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2012, 01:55 by Ghost Hunter »
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 31 Jul 2012, 02:25 »

This is untrue, no matter how many times people repeat it, especially as CCP has recently reconstituted a storyline team under the direction of TorfiFrans (as reported by Delegate Zero during the ATX broadcast).
Wait, Torfi's now in charge of storyline!?

Best news I've heard in years!

Maybe... AFAIK Torfi was also the "creative" mind behind Incarna.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Reyd Karris

« Reply #19 on: 31 Jul 2012, 14:26 »

Maybe... AFAIK Torfi was also the "creative" mind behind Incarna.
The problem with Incarna wasn't in it's vision. It was in implementation... but don't get me started on that.  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]