Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that ectoplasm (pod goo) is illegal in all empire space except the Minmatar Republic?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Caldari/Minmatar RP alliance idea  (Read 9595 times)

Stitcher

• Beats up helpless walls.
  • Egger
    • Stitcher's twitter
Re: Caldari/Minmatar RP alliance idea
« Reply #90 on: 04 May 2013, 02:04 »

My advice, late night, and half brain-dead:
- Find a core of players interested and actually willing to commit to your project.
- Develop a plan for in-game activities that could work without the RP premise you're aiming at.
- Furnish it with your desired RP angle.
- Launch it.

It's good to know the way I've been going about it is backed up by somebody else.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #91 on: 04 May 2013, 03:41 »

Tibus Heth thinks it's a good idea, lol. The Sebiestor tribe, not so much.

http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/tibus-heth-offer-of-caldari-aid-to-sebiestor-tribe-rejected-1/

Well, what I got out of that was that the Sebeistor gave it a pretty serious amount of thought. If they spent most of the day thinking about it, they hardly rejected it out of hand.

Sounds to me like they genuinely considered the offer, but decided they couldn't trust Heth because he nuts.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

K_Wiroshoda

• Clonejack
« Reply #92 on: 04 May 2013, 04:41 »

From what I can see, this article provides a rationale for Caldari willing to pursue a closer relationship with the Minmatar; weaken the Gallente Federation on the cluster-wide stage.

Desiderya

« Reply #93 on: 04 May 2013, 09:09 »

These rationales have always been there.
What we shouldn't forget is that this thread is about the creation of a player/capsuleer alliance, and not an 'official' alliance between the Republic and the State.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #94 on: 04 May 2013, 20:46 »

Heth cannot clone.
Midular cannot clone.

They're trying to use neural reconstruction on Midular to save her so she can be cloned. Heth may have wanted to send his doctors and medical staff (read: spies) over there to see what they could glean from the Republic and Federation medical tech. Perhaps it was an attempt for him to save himself, literally.

Darius Shakor

• Clonejack
« Reply #95 on: 05 May 2013, 02:25 »

"you're working with the people who make TCMCs!"

"Yes: I figure if we foster good relations with the Caldari we can convince them to stop selling to the Amarr, thereby weakening the slaver's hold on our brothers and sisters!"
"Yes: I'm also working with the people who made Insorum and gave it to the Elders for free. They're not all bad!"
"Yes: I'm hoping to get the Gallente on board as well and then the three of us can gang up on those Amarr bastards"
"Yes: So what? The money's good."

Controversy is fertile ground in which good characters (And parasitic ones) grow.

I could not agree more on all of this as a means to explain away Minmatar participation. I also feel characters can change and grow into different people over the course of time as long as it is not contrived and the reasons suit them. The top two here are likely stances my character would take. All though... no one knows about Ishukone giving Insorum to Shakor as it was only in the novel, not announced in news... but yes Insorum came from the Caldari even if they tried to stop it getting out.

Any Minmatar would have to prepare for some flack in this, though. That much is certain. Not a bad thing.. ;)
Retired freedom fighter. Founder of the Second Shakor Clan [-2SC-]
Currently playing as Denaton Koudo these days. Drawn to the blinking Caldari lights. Ooooooo.....

Twitter me @DShakor

Lyn Farel

« Reply #96 on: 05 May 2013, 03:57 »

Heth cannot clone.
Midular cannot clone.

They're trying to use neural reconstruction on Midular to save her so she can be cloned. Heth may have wanted to send his doctors and medical staff (read: spies) over there to see what they could glean from the Republic and Federation medical tech. Perhaps it was an attempt for him to save himself, literally.

That's quite the conspiracy but that would have been awesome...  :P

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #97 on: 05 May 2013, 05:24 »

Tibus Heth thinks it's a good idea, lol. The Sebiestor tribe, not so much.

http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/tibus-heth-offer-of-caldari-aid-to-sebiestor-tribe-rejected-1/

Well, what I got out of that was that the Sebeistor gave it a pretty serious amount of thought. If they spent most of the day thinking about it, they hardly rejected it out of hand.

Depends on how long a day is on the planet they decided it on, doesn't it?  ;)

Heth cannot clone.
Midular cannot clone.

Please, please, please let it be this.
« Last Edit: 05 May 2013, 05:26 by Ollie »

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #98 on: 05 May 2013, 05:30 »

The fun part about motivations is that they're almost never singular.

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
« Reply #99 on: 05 May 2013, 19:57 »

I think its an absolutely excellent idea.  While I can’t obviously support the project ICly with James, whatever help I could provide OOCly is yours for the asking.

Vad Lander

• Clonejack
« Reply #100 on: 07 May 2013, 20:35 »

I'm all for this, even more so now with recent events. Not hard for my guy to get on board with this ICly.

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
« Reply #101 on: 08 May 2013, 04:26 »

While i'd love to join this initiative with my matari character, my worry is with the thought of min-calda-tari (sry, bastardised star wars reference) ships...

what niche would they fill?

faster caldari ships?
more heavily tanked minmatar ships?

and what pirate faction would they represent?

the only one that comes to mind at the moment is EoM... and i doubt they'd be friendly enough to release their ships to the general populace. :P

from a real-world technology perspective the hybrid min-cal ships would make sense, but from a game balance perspective i'm not so sure, it seems that they would simply remove each other's biggest flaw.

still... other than the ship issue, Toluijin is certainly interested. Once i get back into eve on the 18th that is.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #102 on: 14 May 2013, 05:54 »

and what pirate faction would they represent?
Holy Childs of Stitcher

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #103 on: 14 May 2013, 09:53 »

Also known as the Brothers of the Beard.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #104 on: 14 May 2013, 10:04 »

Knights of The Chin

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8