Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Blood Raider elites do not generally mix with the rest of the Sani Sabik? (The Burning Life, p. 50)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Caldari/Minmatar RP alliance idea  (Read 9580 times)

Gesakaarin

Re: Caldari/Minmatar RP alliance idea
« Reply #105 on: 14 May 2013, 13:52 »

I've always found the concept of, "If you do business in the Khanid Kingdom, Amarr Empire or Ammatar Mandate you support slavery and Minmatar want nothing to do with you," As a bit requiring of credulity when Kaalakiota and Ishukone especially have numerous assets in Republic space and the Federation has had a century-long standing FTA with the Empire signed at Girani-Fa.

Economic and political reality has almost always trumped idealistic notions, but the ability to engage in pragmatic realpolitik in RP as in: This is a mutually advantageous business arrangement we're entering into; seems to be less preferred over the more black and white, "These are the good guys and these are the bad guys."

As such, I think the major hurdle with a project like this is less to do with the functional aspects of finding a rationale as to why Caldari would invest or do business in the Republic (They already do to some extent) but rather in effective perception management and the undermining/marginalization of positions against the concept in RP.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
Re: Caldari/Minmatar RP alliance idea
« Reply #106 on: 17 May 2013, 03:48 »

I really look forward to this working. We tried and failed with I-RED, mostly because we are specifically tied to Ishukone. The TCMC subject was a big hit to the Cal-Matari initiative. The entire defector science project thing put the final nail in the coffin.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]