Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That "because of Falcon" is passé?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Caldari/Minmatar RP alliance idea  (Read 9579 times)

Stitcher

• Beats up helpless walls.
  • Egger
    • Stitcher's twitter
Caldari/Minmatar RP alliance idea
« on: 01 May 2013, 13:03 »

As discussed in OOC today, I've had the idea of starting up an RP alliance whose focus you may guess from the title of this thread.

Its principle objectives would be:

1) Promoting RP
2) Improving the IC relations between the Caldari State and the Minmatar Republic
3) Potentially negotiating a ceasefire between those two factions in the warzones
4) Researching a line of ships analogous to the pirate faction ships that uses Caldari and Minmatar ship skills and combines the best features of each race, with a view to maybe getting CCP to introduce the fruits of our labours as real ships in game (probably with the BPOs being sold by NPCs)
5) exploiting the lowsec space between the State and the Republic for profit.

Even if some of these objectives prove impossible, I think the effort itself could be a fun project, and I'd be interested in hearing who would consider joining, and maybe bringing their corps with them. As much as I want this to happen, we're going to need more than just one bearded Civire to get the ball rolling.

Kairus Vhenok

• Clonejack
Re: Caldari/Minmatar RP alliance idea
« Reply #1 on: 01 May 2013, 13:05 »

As I said in the OOC channel, I'm 100% on board with this. I was actually complaining to Katarina last night about the lack of Cal/Min hybrid skill ships lol

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #2 on: 01 May 2013, 13:08 »

I'm primarily interested in an exploration of the depth that exists between the two cultures. I feel both cultures are too inherently xenophobic to have close relations, but might find it useful to employ one another to keep the imperialist neighbors in check.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #3 on: 01 May 2013, 13:10 »

Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Ieze Svain

« Reply #4 on: 01 May 2013, 13:11 »

I have been thinking about this aswell and will have some better ideas soon, so far I have only really been thinking of the cosmetic delightfulness of such an alliance. I spent today doing rough sketches of hybrid merlin/rifters which I might upload if people want to see the abominations I came up with. Though I might just hang onto them for now.

But again it needs more than one bearded (however excellent the beard is) civire and a bald slightly psychotic looking female civire.

Kairus Vhenok

• Clonejack
« Reply #5 on: 01 May 2013, 13:12 »

I have been thinking about this aswell and will have some better ideas soon, so far I have only really been thinking of the cosmetic delightfulness of such an alliance. I spent today doing rough sketches of hybrid merlin/rifters which I might upload if people want to see the abominations I came up with. Though I might just hang onto them for now.

But again it needs more than one bearded (however excellent the beard is) civire and a bald slightly psychotic looking female civire.

I would love to see them, for one. And it already has my moderately psychotic Vherokior male :)

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 01 May 2013, 13:14 »

You've got my attention.

Lucas Raholan

• Holder of the Holy Bottle
  • Clonejack
  • We have Gold ships, yours is inferior
« Reply #7 on: 01 May 2013, 13:16 »

If it means more Pirate ships then I am all for this as well, though as Amarr I would have to watch at the sidelines unless I actually make a Caldari alt (Ughh more money) It could also be interesting to see where Amarr RP takes this, a Caldari/Minmater Alliance may make us lot begin to feel closed in....and when your pinned to a wall there is only one direction left to go  :twisted:
Liberal Amarr RP'er
I still consider myself pretty new to the RP scene

Katarina Musana

• Clonejack
« Reply #8 on: 01 May 2013, 13:16 »

Katarina's been arguing in favor of a Caldari/Minmatar alliance for a while now, so I'm very in favor of this as well, though I may have to make an alt to actually be in it directly.

Kairus Vhenok

• Clonejack
« Reply #9 on: 01 May 2013, 13:23 »

For anyone wanting to discuss this in game without cluttering the OOC thread, I've made a channel titled "The Calmatar Initiative."

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #10 on: 01 May 2013, 13:23 »

Given the Republic/Federation tension these days, it could be a good move. I know currently my character has a higher opinion of some Caldari than his allies.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #11 on: 01 May 2013, 13:24 »

Not something I'm likely to pursue on Kala (I'm working on making her more xenophobic  :yar:), however my Dustie may be interested.

Caldari pay the best, Minmatar are the most fun :)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Stitcher

• Beats up helpless walls.
  • Egger
    • Stitcher's twitter
« Reply #12 on: 01 May 2013, 14:25 »

okay, so there's interest, good.

The idea at this point is to aim high, but not forget the small steps. If we're going to make a genuine in-game alliance out of this, we need member corps, and preferably plenty of people.

We also need a viable plan for making money, a patch of ground to lay claim to, some capital to get the ball rolling and so on. Let's get this thing planned out properly before we start drawing up a logo and everything.

I'm enthusiastic and optimistic to see where we can take this, but we have to be realistic: we need to drum up enough members, ships and ISK first. We need solid "if this goes ahead, I'm in" not "hey, this could be cool" please.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #13 on: 01 May 2013, 14:53 »

Given the Republic/Federation tension these days, it could be a good move. I know currently my character has a higher opinion of some Caldari than his allies.

Yeah, nothing like being told you won't get your way after rattling the sabers to make your consider jumping in bed with an enemy and spitting in the face of an old friend, eh?  :yar:

Good luck with this initiative folks, it's been tried before IIRC but nothing much has happened. It would be very interesting to see where this might go  ;)

Ieze Svain

« Reply #14 on: 01 May 2013, 15:07 »

okay, so there's interest, good.

The idea at this point is to aim high, but not forget the small steps. If we're going to make a genuine in-game alliance out of this, we need member corps, and preferably plenty of people.

We also need a viable plan for making money, a patch of ground to lay claim to, some capital to get the ball rolling and so on. Let's get this thing planned out properly before we start drawing up a logo and everything.

I'm enthusiastic and optimistic to see where we can take this, but we have to be realistic: we need to drum up enough members, ships and ISK first. We need solid "if this goes ahead, I'm in" not "hey, this could be cool" please.

For me its an absolute I'm in and i am up for helping in what ever way I can. This is giving me that direction i have needed for a while.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8