Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That cleaner bombs can remove small messes, including lingering aromas?(The Burning Life p 33)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: The Caldari Empire: will CCP dare?  (Read 12761 times)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: The Caldari Empire: will CCP dare?
« Reply #15 on: 21 Apr 2013, 19:16 »

That's pretty fucking awesome April  :D

April Knox

• Agent Provocateur
  • Clonejack
    • COLD-Wing Boards
« Reply #16 on: 21 Apr 2013, 19:34 »

Cheers mate... It was a project I started last year but because of real life issues I couldn't push forward. Basically it was an anti-Heth dissident movement whose aim was to put the 8 Megacorps back in charge thru the CEP (Hence the name 8th Ball... the ball that ends the game :D
Nice concept, pity I don't have the time to push it forward.

There is an in game channel called 8TH BALL with plenty of docs and information about the scope of the project. Pay me a visit!

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #17 on: 21 Apr 2013, 19:47 »

Yes, we know Caesar, but he is one success story...
If the Diana Kim and the mega leaders all draw knives and stab Heth to death in the public forum, I'm not going to call that a 'success story.'

A Caldari civil war would make Caldari people quit? Such timidity.
In other words, your response is pretty much the same one I've had directed at me with every protest I've put up against CCP further mangling Caldari lore. Yeah, I'll quit RPing if the State gets turned into "the empire".
If the shoe fits...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2013, 21:24 by Makkal »
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Publius Valerius

« Reply #18 on: 21 Apr 2013, 20:35 »

Yes, we know Caesar, but he is one success story...
If the Diana Kim and the mega leaders all draw knives and stab Heth to death in the public forum, I'm not going to call that a 'success story.'

But I do; and hopefully cyber-bitch-queen falls in to a man hole and dies.  :lol: Joke a side. I really dont think CCP should fuck up the Caldari faction more (the same counts for the Khanid Kingdom faction). As on the topic 'success story.' Actually Caesar is, for the most part a success story; as he could gain his position and stay "quite popular" (If I quote you. http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=4625.msg73059#msg73059). In that sense he and Octavian were more success full as Sulla or Catiline etc.....

P.S. I think it would be a fitting dead for Heth. To be killed be people which make then the "new"/"old" order. So thanks for the Idea... So If someone from CCP reads this, lead Heth die like Caesar.
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2013, 20:39 by Publius Valerius »

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #19 on: 21 Apr 2013, 22:46 »

Makkal: It isn't civil war, per se, that is the problem for me. It is that the situation with Heth is difficult to accept (in terms of being something that it makes sense would happen) in the first place. The extension of that into there being enough support for Heth against the megacorps that a civil war could even take place makes it worse.

Civil war - for example between some of the blocs or even between specific Megacorps would (or could) make sense (at least, minus Heth), and in fact there is a strong current through (pre-TEA) lore about that State that there is at least a cold war and a parallel covert war between some of them.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #20 on: 22 Apr 2013, 00:14 »

It's not a civil war happening, it's a civil war that makes no sense in terms of what we know of the Caldari.

That makes sense.

Current Events

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #21 on: 22 Apr 2013, 00:42 »

It depends entirely on their plans for Factional Warfare and how static they need to keep State space from a game mechanics perspective.
I think it will mostly affect RP, than actual mechanics. But who knows, they have some sort of "uprising" coming.

So to come down again; and dont de-rail this thread: How can Heth have "Success"? What could be the obstacles?
Umm, I didn't plan this thread about Heth, but well, since he *is* the central figure :)
I think there is already a story plotted about his death. Taken into account recent events and his health state, I don't think it is just a councidence. From my point of view, CCP is planning to kill him at one point, maybe making him die like a ceaser, if you wish.

But I don't know, if it will be before "making of empire" or after, and will someone took his place to "build" the empire.

The only obstacle I see is his indecisiveness lately. He started very nice with attack on Caldari Prime, but lately he doesn't act a lot. He didn't retaliate Gallente Federation for attack on titan (yes, Caldari have much more titans than one  :) at least according to words of Yanala during the event), didn't took any action to prevent DMZ. Actually, nobody knows what he is doing except giving speeches. He won't get far with only speeches. In order for him to get success, he must start giving orders instead of speeches.

Awesome for Gallente RPers, perhaps. I think all but 2 or 3 Caldari RPers would quit.
And they say CCP is grimdark  :ugh:
« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2013, 00:47 by Lithium Flower »

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
« Reply #22 on: 22 Apr 2013, 00:58 »

I've been hearing for years that we Caldari should be grateful for all the internal conflict, bad press, and terrible leaders we have, as it allows room for more nuance and drama.

In that case, I would like to be generous and offer our more-than-abundant share to the other three factions. It hardly seems fair that we get to have all of this wonderful stuff. Let's see Roden overturning elections and bombarding planets, and Shakor setting up death camps for captured Amarrians, and then we can talk about whether the Caldari State needs more internal conflict and portrayal as the Eve version of North Korea.

In other words, your response is pretty much the same one I've had directed at me with every protest I've put up against CCP further mangling Caldari lore. Yeah, I'll quit RPing if the State gets turned into "the empire".
As for me, something new is always better than something old. I don't know how it turns, but if it won't be 'same old *censored*', it will give me simply more ideas and reasons to RP.

From my point of view, any returning to "how it was before" is unrealistic, boring and meaningless, and, in fact, the only scenario that can hurt RP. Of course, it is only my perception of this, and if you don't like it, feel free to throw slipper at me.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
« Reply #23 on: 22 Apr 2013, 01:26 »

April Knox
Well, that was quite nice poster for Caldari Rebels, however, one thing in it a bit bothers me.
It is a couple of words:

"True Caldari"

I will say what I think about it only here, IC-ly most probably I will mock at this with full prejudice~~. The story goes far away into another game, where there a group named "true *something*" (lets not delve into unnecessary details), where their concept of being "true" was quite ridiculous. Despite many counted me as one of them, I always was trying to mock the concept at any chance.

So, why this concept of being "true" bothers me? Simple. Because all we are just humans. We are same humans, that were during times of pharaohs, and we will be same tens thousands years in the future. With same dreams, same desires, same needs. You cannot name a roman true, if he lived in the Empire or Republic. True Russians weren't neither bolsheviks, nor officers. True Germans during WWII weren't nazi or anti-nazi. Humans are just humans, and nothing else. Humans can't be grouped into ones, who accept single ruler and others who don't.

As for Caldari, they didn't have Germany in 36 or Russia in 17, neither they had Roman Empire. But they had Raata Empire, that still inspires them. Single CEOs are already people, who hold whole power of "sub-states", megacorporations. And common caldari citizens don't even interact with other megacorp. They have single ruler - their CEO - all their life. They born and die with single ruler.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #24 on: 22 Apr 2013, 02:05 »

I don't recall a player named Lithium Flower. Do you post on the IGS under a different PC name?

Current Events

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #25 on: 22 Apr 2013, 02:22 »

A Civil War or a greater Caldari Empire won't stop me RPing, because I pay $15 a month and I enjoy RPing - but I don't see why I should play a Loyalist to a faction that isn't one I'd be Loyal to.

That said, if you don't RP with me, or don't want to, it probably won't affect YOUR game. :)

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
« Reply #26 on: 22 Apr 2013, 03:22 »

I don't recall a player named Lithium Flower. Do you post on the IGS under a different PC name?
Yes

A Civil War or a greater Caldari Empire won't stop me RPing, because I pay $15 a month and I enjoy RPing - but I don't see why I should play a Loyalist to a faction that isn't one I'd be Loyal to.

That said, if you don't RP with me, or don't want to, it probably won't affect YOUR game. :)
Nobody forces you to RP or to be a loyalist, Pieter (at least OOC ly :D) You can be whatever you like, possibilities are really unlimited.

What I would only ask you, is to not play "yourself" in a world of future. I am not a huge fan of RP-ing in style of "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court". When you need a decision to be made, don't ask yourself, what would you do. Ask, what your character would do.

Gesakaarin

« Reply #27 on: 22 Apr 2013, 05:37 »

I just thought this was all part of the plan where the Megacorps continue to do their own thing while leaving the Executor to embarrass himself further like the State's crazy old grandparent who is too busy disrobing himself in the middle of the street while screaming obscenities at the moon.

It just reads like any other Dictator who seeks to cultivate and romanticize some, "Glorious Past" to further their current ambitions. It's just that Heth never really could get the Megas to dismantle their corporate armies so I'm not sure how it would even work to create a neo-Raata Empire -- unless it's going to be a DT "Event".

That said, maybe they should go for it and just have the CPD and the Templis Dragonaurs become a new pirate/terrorist subfaction aligned against the State forever waxing lyrical about recapturing glories past. Then you can have the corporate State, the quasi anarchist Gurista and the ultra-nationalist Templis all united in a triumvirate of hate and violence against each other.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #28 on: 22 Apr 2013, 06:26 »

I too hope that we will not get back to pre TEA. I hope we will get back to something similar, but new essentially. It would be quite weird to get a "rollback" to an identical state of things. And it would make things stale.

Immersion is also part of an evolving and changing universe. What they did right with TEA was to bring changes. What they did less... right, was to bring changes so drastic that it completely changed what it meant to be loyal to X or Y, and moreover, to bring everything that we know happened in the novel (zombie queens, enehduannsomething, broker, deus ex machinas, etc).

Anslol

« Reply #29 on: 22 Apr 2013, 06:54 »

I'm not a Caldari RP'er and I only recently started learning more about it since I wanted Anslo to be well rounded in terms of culture. However, I kind of don't like the potential places this could lead the State..

I mean if it's one way where the Mega's finally say 'nope' and banhammer Heth with a few missiles then hey whatever. But if they go the other route and turn it into some Megacorp evil Empire then... :S
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8