Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ghost Festival is an Angel Cartel loyalist corporation? Read more here

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Luxuries in Space!  (Read 2399 times)

tarunik

• Resident Wormhole Lord
  • Wetgraver
Re: Luxuries in Space!
« Reply #15 on: 18 Dec 2011, 23:25 »

I think it comes down more to character tastes than affordability. If you can afford to own a stable of starships and capital ships with thousands of crew, I'm sure you could have gold-plated toilets if one desired it so :)

So the ostentatious capsuleers are ostentatious, and the more humble ones don't live rediculously.

Agreed.  As to Tarunik? He doesn't flash his wealth at all, preferring to let the ISK pile up in his bank account instead.  (He takes "don't fly what you can't afford to lose" to a bit of an extreme; his most expensive ships don't even top 1/10th of his current wallet.)

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #16 on: 19 Dec 2011, 10:25 »

I think it comes down more to character tastes than affordability. If you can afford to own a stable of starships and capital ships with thousands of crew, I'm sure you could have gold-plated toilets if one desired it so :)

So the ostentatious capsuleers are ostentatious, and the more humble ones don't live rediculously.

You underestimate the comfort provided by solid 24 carat...

In any case if we're talking about food, beat in mind that this is the FYOOOOCHAAAAA! and most of what you eat is almost definitely made from Genetically Modified crops or animals.

In other cases it may just be straight out sci-fi bio-goop as the principle ingredient. But thats me being all sci fi  :P

The only noteable exeption to this that I can recall is that of Amarrian wheat, which is 100% organic with no genetic tampering. For some reason.
« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2011, 10:31 by Nmaro Makari »
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 20 Dec 2011, 01:51 »

For food on stations I'm going to suggest people re-read the first section of Jita 4-4, because what it says about fish should open a few eyes.

My take on things is that there's not agreement among CCP's worldbuilders about what's a luxury and what your ISK can buy you. This is related to questions about whether the space economy is isolated from planetary economies, how long it takes to get things up the gravity well, whether there's any reason you can't get a care-package of clothing from home, and why your CQ is so basic.
Pages: 1 [2]