Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Emperor Heideran VII died on 17.09YC105  of Turit Disease just two weeks after the publication of his opus 'Pax Amarria'.

Author Topic: Re: The OOC/IC Divide, Corporate Security, and the Spy Metagame  (Read 933 times)

Mr. Smuggles

• Clonejack

So I assume you are also of the opinion that "/me beheads Aldrith" is the way to go, and no the other choice.

Emotes have never killed anybody within the game.

Emotes are emotes, they only hold value that you give them.

I would not compare them to a game mechanic like locking someone and firing your guns, or someone emptying your corp hangars.

The same way you choose to put a certain value on your stuff no ? It's all relative and subjective.

Godmodding is easily recognizable by it's inherent futility.  That's because emotes only hold the value that other people give them.  You can emote beheading me all you want, but if I just ignore you and continue my quiet conversation with another character, it doesn't mean shit.  On the other hand, if I steal or blow up your faction-fit Navy Raven, you can no longer fly that ship.  It's not something you can ignore, I have used game mechanics to deny you use of that particular ship.  You can pretend it didn't happen, not mention it to a soul, whatever, but at the end of the day either you don't fly a Navy Raven, or you buy a replacement. 

To be quite honest, you puzzle me.  You seem to have been around a while judging by your postcount (or you're just hyperactive), yet you display an attitude I usually see from RPers fresh from WoW, who think that nothing bad should happen to their character without their consent. 

Anslol

And you seem to be a forum alt attempting to stir discontent with thinly veiled 'criticism' and 'innocent' inquiries.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting

[admin]Both non-constructive, both flamebait.  Stop it.[/admin]

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.