Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Scagga once had a bodyguard by the name of 'cuddles'?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Surviving RP  (Read 11746 times)

Druur Monakh

• Wetgraver
    • Hazardous Goods
Re: Surviving RP
« Reply #135 on: 22 Nov 2013, 00:18 »

To throw in a peanut from the gallery...

Reading this thread I am mostly glad that I did not engage in forum/chat channel RP - I don't think I have that quick-minded immersion required to enjoy that environment (plus I'm too self-conscious about it).

At the same time - this year I increasingly thought of stories I wanted to write, and then logged into the game with the express purpose of making those stories happen (I got a 50:50 success rate). It's not really RP, since my targets aren't RPing at all; but it's not just "playing the game" either.  Or so I like to think.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: Surviving RP
« Reply #136 on: 22 Nov 2013, 09:11 »

To throw in a peanut from the gallery...

Reading this thread I am mostly glad that I did not engage in forum/chat channel RP - I don't think I have that quick-minded immersion required to enjoy that environment (plus I'm too self-conscious about it).

At the same time - this year I increasingly thought of stories I wanted to write, and then logged into the game with the express purpose of making those stories happen (I got a 50:50 success rate). It's not really RP, since my targets aren't RPing at all; but it's not just "playing the game" either.  Or so I like to think.

Don't be discouraged.  If you don't feel comfortable firing off rapid one-liners IC in a large chatroom then take your time, find other venues, and honestly converse at YOUR own pace. 

You'll find more than enough people in The Summit or elsewhere perfectly willing to discuss things in depth or at a slower pace.  Ignore the haters :P

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]