Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki Liberation Front's "rampant griffin" corp logo was adopted after the pro-Federation corp The Durandal Organization created a logo using motifs similar to the ILF's original logo?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: That creeps me out...  (Read 4125 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Re: That creeps me out...
« Reply #15 on: 11 Aug 2011, 12:05 »

It was alright. The journalist didn't really react all that much, which kinda made the interview seem...awkward?

Multitude of reasons for that perhaps? Not a roleplayer at all, maybe, more used to reporting dry nullsec battles. Also, language/cultural barrier that might make them a little confused in how to reply.

Some ISD I've spoken to aren't totally strong on their Anglais.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #16 on: 11 Aug 2011, 12:15 »

It was alright. The journalist didn't really react all that much, which kinda made the interview seem...awkward?

It is possible by the time he pointed out what was happening to her, her ability to react in any meaningful way was nullified. That's what I'm going with, at least.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 11 Aug 2011, 12:29 »

It is possible by the time he pointed out what was happening to her, her ability to react in any meaningful way was nullified. That's what I'm going with, at least.

I certainly wouldn't tell someone that while they were still capable of doing anything about it. Supervillains gotta learn someday.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #18 on: 12 Aug 2011, 00:55 »

Multitude of reasons for that perhaps? Not a roleplayer at all, maybe, more used to reporting dry nullsec battles. Also, language/cultural barrier that might make them a little confused in how to reply.

Some ISD I've spoken to aren't totally strong on their Anglais.
A non-RP reporter interviewing Sansha Kuvakei, you say? That'd be pretty funny.

It's not like it had to be blatant RP, either. Maybe just some sign of influence. Maybe, accidentally calling him master at the end, or maybe finding herself pausing a lot between words as the nanites take hold. Right now it just looks like Kuvakei's trying to put the moves on a girl who's completely unphased. It's almost kinda sad to read.  :lol:

I'm not complaining, mind you. Just providing some constructive criticism. ;)

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #19 on: 14 Aug 2011, 10:31 »

* Z.Sinraali smacks himself upside the head.

Oh duh. This is their winky way of confirming that soft-scan and backup technology does exist, just like we asked. Why didn't any of you explain this to me before now!
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Isobel Mitar

• Egger
« Reply #20 on: 14 Aug 2011, 14:46 »

* Z.Sinraali smacks himself upside the head.

Oh duh. This is their winky way of confirming that soft-scan and backup technology does exist, just like we asked. Why didn't any of you explain this to me before now!

Personally, I read it as Sansha claiming to be able to store brain scans, and possibly as implicit suggestion that others may able to do it too, but not as evidence confirming the existence of a soft-scan that does not fry the brain. The method of brain scanning is not elaborated, and both destructive and soft scan explanations would explain the case.

In my opinion:
 - The bit about "I am confident that your cloning facilities will rebirth you in a new body..." can be read to imply the reporter has a backup scan stored in safe space, and Kuvakei expects the reporter to expect to "be rebirthed".
 - Alternately it can be read to imply Kuvakei intends to kill the reporter, and the reporter will emergency clone back to safe space. Or, the reporter plans to self-destruct her pod.
 - Or, as a third option, the reporter has a jump clone back in safe space and will jump back. (Although unpodding and submitting to brain scan in station under Kuvakei's control does not strike to me as very bright "get out" plan...)

- Kuvakei claims to be able to get a copy of the reporter's "skills and experiences", although from where is unclear. Did he get a copy already before the interview from somewhere? Can he get access reporter's physical body and force the gal under a brain scanner? Remember, if the reporter already has a backup in safe space, she would likely not have voluntarily submitted to being scanned in Stain. If the reporter does not have a backup in safe space, the reporter would want to get out or die trying in her pod (as then she would be emergency cloned and get out). The current PF strongly implies FTL transmission cannot be intercepted in transit, does Kuvakei have some special technology-thingamabob that can do it after all?

- Kuvakei also claims the ability to either create a puppet of the reporter's current body or to create a new adjusted and improved clone copy of the reporter for his own purposes. Apparently this process will be ready tomorrow.

- Existence of Slave Tedra01 in game can be considered to add some weight to Kuvakei's claims - or alternately to mean Kuvakei is happy to play mind games with capsuleers. ;)

I am confident that your cloning facilities will rebirth you in a new body complete with all of your memories, but we will maintain a copy of your skills and experiences for ourselves. Tomorrow, when you wake up, you will not remember anything beyond a few minutes ago, when my nanites condensed around your brain stem and reorganized your mind to better integrate with the collective.Welcome to Nation, Slave Tedra01."
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2011, 15:07 by Isobel Mitar »

Isobel Mitar

• Egger
« Reply #21 on: 14 Aug 2011, 14:49 »

Oh, I just noticed this one: http://www.eveonline.com/mb2/news.asp?nid=4699

Decidedly looks like CCP intends to clarify there can be two simultaneous active copies, one loyal to the Nation and the other not. (Bolding added by me)

Rasile – A week ago, another Sansha wormhole appeared in the Rasile system where capsuleers battled and defeated a Sansha Revenant piloted by Slave Tedra01, a name also recognised as an Interstellar Correspondent reporter.

Tedra Engaged In the week prior, ISD Tedra Kerrigan gained access to a private facility in the Stain region. There, she was allowed an exclusive one-on-one interview with Sansha Kuvakei to discuss the increased Sansha activity within New Eden. There is now evidence suggesting that before her return, she was cloned and her memory wiped.

Upon hearing the news of the battle against her Sansha clone, ISD Tedra Kerrigan was shocked. She entered Rasile and gave visual confirmation of her own clone. It was at this time she received an anonymous letter containing the unaltered transcript of her interview with Sansha Kuvakei.

During the battle, Slave Tedra01's devoted cries "for Nation", were met equally by capsuleer's calls "for freedom". This abduction seems to be yet another case of civilians and capsuleers being drawn, unwillingly or unknowingly, into Sansha's ranks.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #22 on: 14 Aug 2011, 15:58 »

To clarify something, the possibility of having 2 clones active at once was confirmed ages ago - there was an arc AURORA did back in the day involving a scientist who activated a 2nd clone of himself; the clone was horrified and turned himself in, players had to go chase down the scientist IIRC.

Question was (and still is), given that CONCORD really didn't like someone with 2 active clones running around, is the only way to get away with this to be blatantly opposed to CONCORD (i.e., Kuvakei and Tedra01), do it in absolute secrecy, or try to work outside of CONCORD's direct jurisdiction ("all softscans come from nullsec")?
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Lord Wamphyri

• Exhibitionist
  • Clonejack
« Reply #23 on: 14 Aug 2011, 16:55 »

That little bit of information about having 2 clones active is useful to know. I hadn't heard about that before and it'll come in highly useful in my forthcoming bit of player fiction  :)

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #24 on: 17 Aug 2011, 04:48 »

That little bit of information about having 2 clones active is useful to know.

I just love logging in and seeing that evil plans are coming to fruiti...

Er, wow, this is awkward.

HI GUYS!  HOW WAS YOUR WEEKEND?

Question was (and still is), given that CONCORD really didn't like someone with 2 active clones running around, is the only way to get away with this to be blatantly opposed to CONCORD (i.e., Kuvakei and Tedra01), do it in absolute secrecy, or try to work outside of CONCORD's direct jurisdiction ("all softscans come from nullsec")?

Every time I've played with this, one of the clones was a baseliner -- no capsule jacks, and no connecting to the capsuleer market or news services. 

« Last Edit: 17 Aug 2011, 05:06 by Vieve »

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #25 on: 17 Aug 2011, 05:09 »

Except that's clearly not the case here, Vieve. The second clone was sitting in a Revenent blockading stargates, while the first is no doubt still in a CONCORD detention facility getting 'debriefed'.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #26 on: 17 Aug 2011, 05:16 »

Except that's clearly not the case here, Vieve. The second clone was sitting in a Revenent blockading stargates, while the first is no doubt still in a CONCORD detention facility getting 'debriefed'.

And I wonder why Clone B got activated.  Did Clone A leave orders saying "if I'm not back by /x/ hours, assume I'm dead and wake up my clone"?   Or did Sansha's dark minions wander out to the pod Clone A had left parked in the station, put a bomb in it, and jettison it? 

Pages: 1 [2]