Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The founder of Zainou Biotech, Todo Kirkinen, was the first person to have his mind transfered into a machine? Ishukone owns a majority stake of Zainou.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Pushed to open war  (Read 12092 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: Pushed to open war
« Reply #150 on: 31 Aug 2013, 10:55 »

As I pointed out to somebody else ingame, I-RED takes great pains to avoid strongarm tactics other smaller Caldari corps. At least under my guidance, we have made an effort to avoid that sort of activity. We tend to play gentle with all RP groups that are smaller than us, but make a special effort to forgive Caldari groups.

Granted, a lot of this is an effort to shake off some of the 'traitor to the State' reputation we seem to have picked up over the years. However, it's also because a lot of smaller corps tend to avoid anything more than smacktalk with us. We're being gentle to encourage people to play with us, instead of hiding on the other side of the playground because we're two feet taller than all the other kids.

Yes we're big, yes we can fight, yes we have lots of ISK. No, that doesn't mean we're going to make it unfun for you if you just want to do some RP conflict play with us.

EDIT: This doesn't mean we're going to meet you in frigates if you come reinforce one of our towers. If you become a threat, we'll treat you like one.
« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2013, 11:02 by Katrina Oniseki »

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #151 on: 31 Aug 2013, 13:23 »

Hey I think I remember when this happened!
  • Stitch had a corp, Forgetech I believe.
  • Apparently John had shares which Vik bought and then funneled through to LDIS - probably some Patriot fun time.
  • Also apparently this shows there is some competition and inter-play between the state corporations, it just doesn't work too well when one corp outguns, out finances, and out mans the other by a massive amount

Did I get it?

Yep.  It happened in 2010 (according to some Forum dates).  I had fun with it and I think Hamish and Vik had fun with it.  Maybe John didn't even know or care really.

Vikarion

« Reply #152 on: 31 Aug 2013, 19:22 »

Hey I think I remember when this happened!
  • Stitch had a corp, Forgetech I believe.
  • Apparently John had shares which Vik bought and then funneled through to LDIS - probably some Patriot fun time.
  • Also apparently this shows there is some competition and inter-play between the state corporations, it just doesn't work too well when one corp outguns, out finances, and out mans the other by a massive amount

Did I get it?

Yep.  It happened in 2010 (according to some Forum dates).  I had fun with it and I think Hamish and Vik had fun with it.  Maybe John didn't even know or care really.

It was awesome.  :D

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #153 on: 06 Sep 2013, 02:40 »

I had fun, and I was aware. My goal was to get more isk then I invested, and it was accomplished.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]