Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

blueprints are required for manufacture of everything from shuttles to dreadnoughts because of strict anti-copyright infringement laws enforced by the SCC.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: CSM 7 Meeting Minutes  (Read 2032 times)

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
CSM 7 Meeting Minutes
« on: 03 Aug 2012, 01:06 »

http://community.eveonline.com/council/transcripts/2012/CSM_CCP_Meetings_May_June_2012.pdf

Things that made me explode

Live events section : Want to do more live events (CCP Caravans / RP Lore events), figuring out how to do so.

Industry/Mining Rework : New interfaces, semi-automated production, production scalability, LESS CLICKING

POS Rework : LEGO Starbases, customize and build anywhere, POSSIBLY HAVE JUMP DRIVES FOR MOBILE BASES (thukker buff)*

*They append that all POS rework ideas are merely pitched concepts and everything will change, so these will probably fall off as they become more real - depending on technical limitations.

Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
Re: CSM 7 Meeting Minutes
« Reply #1 on: 03 Aug 2012, 03:37 »

I demand a patented Ghost picture/caption for this thread!
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 03 Aug 2012, 04:49 »

I agree those three things look good. I also like the idea of increasing slots, reducing prices, and adding a speed buff for stations in FW zones, providing a real incentive for manufacturers to live and work there (at the moment it's a bit 'Oh look! I can do exactly the same things in the same time for the same cost as I can in high sec AND have my haulers hotdropped daily!')

I'm a little cautious about the introduction of POCOs into high-sec, given the potential for the situation that now exists in relation to POSes to arise - planet after planet blocked from use by a POCO the owning corp put down 'just in case'. While this provides the inconvenience of a war-dec fee or merc hire for removal for established and experienced corps, it would prevent new players from trying out PI. It would be good if systems with a high enough sec that players can't anchor POSes retained CONCORD POCOs or, perhaps, that high-sec POCOs can be set to tax other player users but not exclude them.
« Last Edit: 03 Aug 2012, 04:57 by Ciarente »
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 03 Aug 2012, 04:54 »

LEGO POS

Ghost Hunter

• The Mods
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 03 Aug 2012, 13:34 »

I demand a patented Ghost picture/caption for this thread!

My face when I saw the POS ideas being thrown around, even though none of them may come to pass -

I agree those three things look good. I also like the idea of increasing slots, reducing prices, and adding a speed buff for stations in FW zones, providing a real incentive for manufacturers to live and work there (at the moment it's a bit 'Oh look! I can do exactly the same things in the same time for the same cost as I can in high sec AND have my haulers hotdropped daily!')

I'm a little cautious about the introduction of POCOs into high-sec, given the potential for the situation that now exists in relation to POSes to arise - planet after planet blocked from use by a POCO the owning corp put down 'just in case'. While this provides the inconvenience of a war-dec fee or merc hire for removal for established and experienced corps, it would prevent new players from trying out PI. It would be good if systems with a high enough sec that players can't anchor POSes retained CONCORD POCOs or, perhaps, that high-sec POCOs can be set to tax other player users but not exclude them.

On one hand I can see it being an effective way of thoroughly harassing a person/organization's PI income by fiddling their high sec planets, but... It's rather specific and altogether not practical from the EVE side, DUST would handle that better. In general I feel lockdown should be prevented, and cap put on the maximum possible taxation - one or the other effectively prohibits new players from meaningfully doing PI.
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #5 on: 03 Aug 2012, 13:46 »

I'm glad to see attention given to my beloved science/industry trade. Things that improve the gameplay experience are welcome. But things that only simplify it could be a double-edged sword, because when they say that they want to make industry take less time so we can do other things, I think "but this IS what I like doing".

Let's hope they realize that this is an entire playstyle on its own, parallel with PVP and PVE.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #6 on: 03 Aug 2012, 13:50 »

On the other hand, those proposed low-sec gate gun changes. . .
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #7 on: 03 Aug 2012, 14:06 »

On the other hand, those proposed low-sec gate gun changes. . .

... are best described as analogous to the wardec changes. Instead of balancing risk/reward for both parties, it shoves it overwhelmingly towards the side of the "defender"... but the extreme cases only apply under certain conditions.

Having read one of Greyscale's responses to a thread on the forum, however, I'm starting to understand how it was actually meant to work: the 4 1/2 minute timer is per person - not the entire gang - and warping off will reset it down to the initial value. So: if you have five people, A through E, and gate guns cycle at their current 30-second rate, it'd take 22 1/2 minutes for it to ramp up to "deadified triage carrier" DPS for all five players assuming none of them warped off. But if they warp off after they take a 30-second cycle and come back, they'll only ever be getting shot at with the initial DPS range.

If the idea is to discourage constantly camping gates ala Rancer, it's not an entirely unreasonable way to go about it, and you'd have to have a pretty bad set of dicerolls (or a bunch of complete assholes as gangmates) to get the guns to shoot only you for that long in one stretch. The numbers probably should be tweaked downwards a bit, though. No disagreement there. It will, however, discourage extended fights on gates and stations that weren't started as camps, and that I don't care much for.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #8 on: 03 Aug 2012, 14:16 »

I've seen lots of controversy about the lowsec gate gun changes, and as a carebear, I'm already comfortable with the risk/reward out there. While I want to see more lowsec activity as much as the next guy, I don't know that making it "safer" is the right way to go.

OTOH, I've not delved into the details on this change because my attention has been elsewhere the last few days in the limited time I've had for EVE. So I'll just let all you other spaceship nerds fight that particular engagement.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #9 on: 03 Aug 2012, 14:16 »

As I understood his suggestion, the guns were going to shoot everyone who was GCC'd (and possibly everyone with a negative sec status), applying damage to one entire side of the fight unless one side were all flashy AND let the other side decide weather to engage or not.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #10 on: 03 Aug 2012, 14:32 »

As I understood his suggestion, the guns were going to shoot everyone who was GCC'd (and possibly everyone with a negative sec status), applying damage to one entire side of the fight unless one side were all flashy AND let the other side decide weather to engage or not.

Aside from the possibility of pre-emptively shooting people with negative sec status, this is exactly how the system works currently. The big change is the scaling amounts of damage, and nowhere was it implied it'd shoot at everything GCC'd at the same time. I'm starting to think it's being blown way out of proportion.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #11 on: 03 Aug 2012, 14:43 »

Its been implied that the guns are going to shoot everyone at the same time, yes. 

CCP Greyscale moves on to explain his work on sentry guns. Sentry guns will now shoot anyone with a criminal flag, suspect or otherwise. Sentry guns will also start with smaller amounts of damage, and ramp up with time. Ideal tuning will be to where triage carriers will die at around 4 1/2 minutes. This way, if you want to use triage carriers in lowsec on gates you can, but you must commit to the cycle for a length of time before starting your reps, if you want to deactivate triage before the sentry guns kill you and jump out. CCP Greyscale also points out that another goal is to make it so that the first couple of hits won't kill an interceptor immediately, enabling a quick tackle, and then a warp out

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #12 on: 03 Aug 2012, 15:02 »

I'd like you to point to a place where it is said explicitly that they'll shoot at them all at once before claiming doomsday scenarios. All that says is that sentries will shoot suspects in addition to criminals. Not that it'll shoot everything simultaneously.
« Last Edit: 03 Aug 2012, 15:08 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #13 on: 03 Aug 2012, 17:12 »

There's been a lot of herpderpdrama about some of the proposed changes; some of it is people missing the 'ideas and suggestions' bit and taking as word of God on what will come, sometimes it's due to the ambiguity in the summaries (see Greyscale's suggestion above, which fooled me at first as well), and sometimes it's honest concerns.

Regarding the gate gun changes: It's an idea. I'm of the opinion damage should ramp up much more quickly, otherwise all the gates will be consumed by waves of instalocking thrashers with 1400-Tornados; perhaps the slower ramp-up could be implemented only on the "interior" of lowsec pockets, to while highsec-lowsec gates would much more quickly reach withering DPS levels?

The two things that bugged me the most were actually the proposed reinforcement changes (making smaller POSes have longer or several reinforcement stages, potentially forcing an enemy to return "for weeks" to successfully destroy them) and the bit in the Live Events discussion where a CSMer basically goes "RP backstory? Nah, we don't need that." I admit I shouldn't be surprised at all, but it still hurt a bit to see a CSM member go "lolrp".
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Ghost Hunter

• The Mods
  • Veteran
« Reply #14 on: 03 Aug 2012, 20:26 »

The CSM responsible for those general comments did tweak me a little bit, but to my understanding they're part of the Nullsec/W-Space power blocs, who are entirely unconcerned with roleplay.

Seleene (the CSM chairman?) appeared very on board with pro-RP focus, which I was thankful for.
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation
Pages: [1] 2