Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ship crews either spend most of their journey in their escape pods, and are awoken with adrenaline only as needed?(Source: The Burning Life novel by CCP Abraxas.) or live aboard ship much like ship's crews today? (Source)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Bad Religion  (Read 6822 times)

Kaleigh Doyle

Re: Bad Religion
« Reply #15 on: 17 Aug 2011, 14:07 »

Cult of Rebirth...huh...I might consider making an alt for that one.

Might make for a good Amarr/Khanid splinter sect or even an Intaki thing.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #16 on: 17 Aug 2011, 14:11 »

So I have three concepts:
Machine Cult: Nola seems like a prime candidate for this role, but she's far too scientific to take a religious perspective on these matters. The machine cult would essentially hold the belief that man and machine were meant to be one, and that a great visionary (AI perhaps) would usher in this great new age of enlightenment.

All glory to the Omnissiah!  :lol:

Cult of Rebirth: X. Capsule pilots would use the cloning process as a method of washing one's sins away. A tattoo would be placed on the body after rebirth, to signify the mark of one's past lives. Also, helping others cleanse their sins would be a positive thing. ;)

I dunno, I'm just playing with ideas at this point.

Hmmm... interesting.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #17 on: 17 Aug 2011, 14:41 »

If you are still looking for ideas, how about this one.

The Cult of Normal (need a better name):  The worship of a normal person, either as themselves, or as the embodyment of some larger spirit/entity, etc.  Said person is worshiped, given gifts to bring favor onto the capsuller, and of course kept in proper accomedations.  Of course this person would have to stay in those accomedations, otherwise it might bring its favor to someone else.  So one has to keep their person happy, or else make sure they never leave.

Though my favorite so far is the machine cult, as it has the possbility of having the prayer of last start, which involvings a chant, and then kicking the affected machine to get the bad spirits out of it.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #18 on: 18 Aug 2011, 01:21 »

Gotta get those bad spirits out?  :lol:

Anyway, I decided on the rebirth idea. I thought it might have the best potential, and I get to make a new character! \o/

Raze Valadeus

« Reply #19 on: 18 Aug 2011, 07:08 »

I'd be willing to make a character to help you start/form/play the Cult of Rebirth, Kaleigh. If you want some help or what not with writing up ideas or have any guidelines on it, let me know.

Victoria Valadeus

« Reply #20 on: 18 Aug 2011, 07:43 »

Hrm. After some careful consideration (and cajoling from Raze) I have decided that I could use more PvP experience and an excuse to be a jerk without ruining the character of my main.

Sign me up. :3

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 18 Aug 2011, 08:10 »

I have decided that I could use more PvP experience and an excuse to be a jerk without ruining the character of my main.

How do you think Vicky was born?

Careful, though. Alts have a nasty habit of evolving into mains when they hit a certain experience level.

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #22 on: 18 Aug 2011, 08:32 »

Horatius might be interested in a rebirth cult. Probably won't leave Kitzless, but he might definitely involve himself.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #23 on: 18 Aug 2011, 10:48 »

So I settled on creating a Khanid character based on the Zealot Ancestry I read for them:

Ancestry: Zealots
The Khanid are not generally known to be as devout as the Amarrians, but those who are tend to be fanatics even by Amarrian standards. Religious Khanids are often inducted into zealous cults, generally based on their interpretation of the Scriptures. The Amarrians regard these religious Khanids with suspicious interest; on the one hand the cultists' extremism alarms them, but on the other their religious ferver often results in deep theosophical insights.

I greened the areas I found of particular interest.

Silly question, but is there a big book of scriptures (pdf format perhaps?) I can look at?

I definitely want to incorporate aspects of reincarnation into this cult as a means of cleansing ones sins. In other words, these cultists believe they are giving the people they kill a new chance to do the right thing. And people that are killed in this manner are given special prayer ceremony, and stuff like that. :D

Lyn Farel

« Reply #24 on: 18 Aug 2011, 17:32 »

Other than the Scriptures page on evelopedia... I don't know.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #25 on: 19 Aug 2011, 02:56 »

You're going to hit the godflesh taboo head on there.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #26 on: 19 Aug 2011, 06:16 »

Why not just be a straight up blood raider - and do some, you know, actual raiding?
We have a big lack there  :| If it's just going to be IGS grandstanding without ingame backing up of said grandstanding I'm disapointed and will stop reading this thread.  :(

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #27 on: 19 Aug 2011, 08:44 »

I'm not really interested in Blood Raiders.
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2011, 12:21 by Kaleigh Doyle »

Raze Valadeus

« Reply #28 on: 19 Aug 2011, 10:12 »

Why not just be a straight up blood raider - and do some, you know, actual raiding?
We have a big lack there  :| If it's just going to be IGS grandstanding without ingame backing up of said grandstanding I'm disapointed and will stop reading this thread.  :(

You know...you could at least give it a chance and let people do what they consider fun before judging it. Last I checked, this thread was for constructive ideas on a fresh idea for a new cult, not criticism of the current cults and how they are or are not falling into various players perspectives of how it should be done.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #29 on: 19 Aug 2011, 10:50 »

Hmm... Stecker certainly wouldn't fit (someone terrified of death in a rebrith cult?) but she's hardly the only toon I've got and I kinda like the idea... I'll think about it and keep an eye on it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5