Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Jove Empire is isolated from the rest of the world to all but a selected few? read more here.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Return of fluff news items?  (Read 4481 times)

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
Re: Return of fluff news items?
« Reply #15 on: 17 Jan 2013, 13:47 »

oh common!

get your shit together guys, live events are back, start thinking about how to approach the guys in charge today and start weaving your own events.

But! but! I'm so busy getting myself up into Citizen Ahvar's grill, the whole corp practically hides under his bed sheets with him now.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Lyn Farel

« Reply #16 on: 17 Jan 2013, 13:59 »

Every time a faction gets its ass kicked people find a way to complain with vitriol.

I wouldnt want to be in CCP's feet sometimes. : |

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #17 on: 17 Jan 2013, 14:21 »

Tbh isn't it much easier to be bitter about the past on the forums and thus metagame enemies ooc into finding IC events distasteful - thus freeing up more event team resources for your chosen faction?  :yar:

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #18 on: 17 Jan 2013, 18:06 »

Faction contacts and event planners are not going to go out of their way to just place an event in your lap that caters to your faction and turns out swimmingly for you and yours.

Remember I posted back about a month ago when the new faction contacts were created that you all should be using this as an opportunity to establish relationships, declare hostilities, and -get involved-.  This is bearing fruit and will continue to bear fruit for all kinds of groups now.

They have plots they want to run but they are actively responding and weaving in our ideas for things that happen in game.  If you recall it has been a goddamned live events desert for this sort of thing for YEARS, so let's try and make this as fun and exciting as we can.

Not because any of us are so cool that we deserve to be special and treated different and singled out, but to let the people doing the events know you are interested, and willing to spend time and energy making them happen and fun for a lot of people.

So anyway,  Tribals raiding Ammatar mandate?  Sounds like you should be speaking to your Amarr representative about reprisal strikes to me.  Sounds like you all should be scorching some earth, burning some heathens, and bringing down the very wrath of God for such an insult.

Get it done.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #19 on: 18 Jan 2013, 07:14 »

Yes I am thinking to contact the Ammatar contacts for stuff.

Gesakaarin

« Reply #20 on: 18 Jan 2013, 10:28 »

But! but! I'm so busy getting myself up into Citizen Ahvar's grill, the whole corp practically hides under his bed sheets with him now.

You guys have bed sheets? I thought you all hooked up into a wall mount when you were done for the day?

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 Jan 2013, 14:10 »

Faction contacts and event planners are not going to go out of their way to just place an event in your lap that caters to your faction and turns out swimmingly for you and yours.

Remember I posted back about a month ago when the new faction contacts were created that you all should be using this as an opportunity to establish relationships, declare hostilities, and -get involved-.  This is bearing fruit and will continue to bear fruit for all kinds of groups now.

They have plots they want to run but they are actively responding and weaving in our ideas for things that happen in game.  If you recall it has been a goddamned live events desert for this sort of thing for YEARS, so let's try and make this as fun and exciting as we can.

Not because any of us are so cool that we deserve to be special and treated different and singled out, but to let the people doing the events know you are interested, and willing to spend time and energy making them happen and fun for a lot of people.

So anyway,  Tribals raiding Ammatar mandate?  Sounds like you should be speaking to your Amarr representative about reprisal strikes to me.  Sounds like you all should be scorching some earth, burning some heathens, and bringing down the very wrath of God for such an insult.

Get it done.

Indeed.

What makes me laugh is. It wasn't a raid, it was a convoy. No shooting at all.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #22 on: 18 Jan 2013, 15:39 »

Indeed, Arnulf. Also makes it mildly /o\ on the Amarrian side, as it then becomes less an absolute case of "they violated the Ammatar Mandate to steal slaves!" and more of a "well, if you didn't want them to have the slaves, you shouldn't have bloody sold the slaves to them you @(!*!)@#&$)(ing marketeers!"
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #23 on: 18 Jan 2013, 15:48 »

I have heard that Ston actually bought the slaves and transfered them to Freedom Extension ?

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #24 on: 18 Jan 2013, 20:18 »

So that arc came to a conclusion...interesting...

http://community.eveonline.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=5029&tid=5

Lyn Farel

« Reply #25 on: 19 Jan 2013, 04:25 »

Ooh gloomy. ^_^

Lyn Farel

« Reply #26 on: 19 Jan 2013, 12:35 »

It gave me an idea today : it would be really cool if instead of always The Scope we could also see news from other media, like ACN, or else. It would be even better if we had the point of view of several of them for a same event, but I understand that it could ask for a lot more work.

But the benefits would be worth it imho. It could add a lot of depth to the event in question, and a lot more perspective.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #27 on: 20 Jan 2013, 09:05 »

If we had more news items from different official news outlets ingame (like ACN), I would more than happily add them to the Summit MOTD with their own news feeds.

Falcon and/or Eterne have said there's a website redesign in the works so hopefully that will include the news pages.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.
Pages: 1 [2]