Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Signatories to the Federal Charter retain the legal right to regulate shipping and security in their original territories, among other things? Read more here.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Corporate/Faction info requested: Ishukone, Zainou and Krusual Tribe.  (Read 4005 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.

The three mentioned in the thread title are entities I just don't have much knowledge of, and an event actor just dropped Miz right smack in the middle of the three. I'm requesting as much information as RPers have on these guys from both obscure PF sources and from RP that's happened in the Caldari and Minmatar communities throughout the years. It'd be much appreciated.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!

Zainou are big on cyberimplants, and their CEO was the first human to successfully mind transfer into a pure machine body.

Ishukone are the ones that got handed the Capsule by the Jovians, and tend to have shady dealings going on.

Krusal I got nothing.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type

Ishukone is part of the Caldari Liberal bloc, one of the two megas in that bloc - the other being Hyasyoda iirc. They were relatively weak and small compared to the other megas, prior to being handed Jovian technology. From what I understand they are also the most willing to interact with Federation entities, and fairly unhappy about their necessary interaction with the Directorate.

They still struggle to maintain consistent profits, despite being the most technologically advanced mega, but they did hit it pretty big with the Vitoc antidote.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Kaleigh Doyle

Krusal tribe are known for being spies/assassins. Kal's first wife was one, that's the only reason I know.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran

Ishukone is previously recorded as owning 66% stock in Zainou.  CCP has since removed this information from evelopedia.  I am not sure what that means.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain

Ishukone developed the TCMC, which has medical and entertainment uses as well as ebil ones, and they sell them to the Khanid Kingdom for use in slave control - IIRC, to make the slaves perpetually believe they'll be freed 'tomorrow' thus making them not rebel or try to escape or whatever.

Ishukone have a reputation for being one of the less profit-before-people megas, but ruthless competitors

Zainou have a reputation for 'mad scientist' type stuff.

Krusual Tribe are major shareholders in Freedom Extension.

Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Hamish Grayson

Ishukone bought the TCMC from the STI, not developed it themselves.    Lai Dai is arguably more focused on research and technology development than Ishukone is, but both most likely have areas in which they have advanced further than the other.

Ishukone gave away the vitoc antidote, so made no profits from it.  They seem to always be on the verge of finanical collapse and they are also the ones who stole the t2 BPOs from the Crielere project.

Ishukone's politics are centered on their slant on foreign trade, and their foreign trade policies can pretty much understood from reading Adam Smith.    They don't advocate free trade because they want to be BFFs with the Federation as most people erroneously think.     They advocate free trade because they believe it is the most efficient way to make themselves stronger and in the shortest amount of time.   There is the side affect that it also makes their trade partners in the Federation stronger, and while they will gladly let the Gallenteans believe that is intentional – the goal is to improve their own strength and free trade is the most practical (little p) way to do it.

Zainou, which is a subsidiary of Ishukone, is heavily into cybernetics, but they do all sorts of biotech stuff and are the ones who buy the sleeper data libraries from capsuleers.  Infact Zainou seems to be the only state corp really intersted in developing fullerene technology and Sleeper AI reseach further.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. 

Edit: Weren't the Krusual the ones involved with developing jumpdrive (i.e artifical wormholes) for capital ships and black ops?  Could have been the Thukkers though, my minmatar lore is weak.  Either way I recall finding that a minmatar tribe seems to have scavanged jump drive/worm hole generator tech from the joves and then sold it to the empires.     I was looking up the lore behind the Widow when I found that, if anyone else can be assed to look into it further.  Just search through the news articles from that time frame.

Could this event  be centered around Sleeper research and worm hole genearation technology?
« Last Edit: 07 Jul 2011, 06:20 by Hamish Grayson »

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain

Sorry, by developed I meant, developed from the level at which they acquired it, not 'invented'.

"The Ishukone corporation stepped in and bought the rights to the chip several months ago. Since then, further studies by Ishukone technicians have revealed several additional ways the microcontroller can be used"

Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

Ishukone's politics are centered on their slant on foreign trade, and their foreign trade policies can pretty much understood from reading Adam Smith.    They don't advocate free trade because they want to be BFFs with the Federation as most people erroneously think.     They advocate free trade because they believe it is the most efficient way to make themselves stronger and in the shortest amount of time.   There is the side affect that it also makes their trade partners in the Federation stronger, and while they will gladly let the Gallenteans believe that is intentional – the goal is to improve their own strength and free trade is the most practical (little p) way to do it.

I don't know...while I imagine plenty of patriotically-leaning (little p) Ishukone folk that see it like that, I'm pretty confident that not everyone in the Caldari State is frothing at the mouth at how to beat those goshdarnit Gallenteans. If this is the case, then someone like Jacus Roden will be the first to notice it.

From the State Factionalism chronicle, at least, it does sound like they are pretty sincere about it, but hey, there's going to be a multitude of objectives behind being friendly, but I don't think they're all going to be pegged as ulterior. The same reason everyone in the Fed doesn't support the war, etc.

Digression aside, never quite got the TCMC thing. Seems rather out-of-character for Ishukone to do that, considering the Caldari stance on slavery.

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front

I wondered if interesting times were ahead when I saw this early this morning.
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain

As a note, the Hnolkus did also run into the Republic from Zainou. I assume it can be rather firmly assumed that Zainou is in the Ishukone camp (for example, Reppola intervening to secure Hyasyoda's medical contract for Zainou). We know they deal with cybertech and biotech, including but not limited to engineered viruses & countermeasures (Insorum), cybernetic implants and mind transfer.

"Zainou has from its inception been at the forefront of bio-chemical and nano-mechanical research, its headquarters are described as a combination of a mad scientist's lab and a jungle zoo."

Ishukone has the image of high-tech. In the holovid shows, the Watch does overcome their troubles with the help of the Gadget of the Week(tm) etc. They produce spaceships and were possibly the first to have Crielere results in production. (Due to Otro Gariushi nicking some T2 BPOs.) Ingame their agents seems to be concentrated on the production of shield systems. Known products are the capsule, the Raven (this doesn't really make sense), and several T2 ships, with a strong focus on railguns (hybrid weapons) and stealth. In addition, they commercialized TCMCs, both for the slavery application as well as for entertainment (for example, a Gallente senator holding a speech in the senate while believing he was a small girl or something like that). Zainou developed Insorum, and Ishukone secretly manufactured it. Gariushi was going to sell it to Shakor for some good ISK, but just before his death, decided to give it for free. (The Insorum affair is not public knowledge, the other things are.)

Old Ishukone (pre-Gariushi) had also dealings with the Guristas and had put a bid on ill-fated attempt to colonize Fade.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type

I don't know...while I imagine plenty of patriotically-leaning (little p) Ishukone folk that see it like that, I'm pretty confident that not everyone in the Caldari State is frothing at the mouth at how to beat those goshdarnit Gallenteans. If this is the case, then someone like Jacus Roden will be the first to notice it.

Digression aside, never quite got the TCMC thing. Seems rather out-of-character for Ishukone to do that, considering the Caldari stance on slavery.

I'd have to agree with Seri's points. Ishukone appears to be a holistic liberal organization, so I don't think it would be a stretch for them to genuinely advocate free trade and cooperation with the Federation.

Now, it could be that Ishukone recognizes that there is more profit to be made by opening trade with another nation, and that business will be more lucrative if they can snag contracts with the larger Gallentean corporations, I think this is pretty common knowledge. Ishukone is a business, and they need to make money-based decisions.

But as far as that being an "ulterior" motive, eh... seems like it's more of an accepted "fortunate side effect" of business, than something sinister. They might not want to be BFFs with the Federation, but they definitely have reason to be friends with benefits.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Lyn Farel

I can't remember where it is written, but I read a long time ago on some old PF that the Krusual tribe was a very shady one that was considered as a huge problem for the Amarrian invaders : while the other tribes were progressively and ruthlessly enslaved one by one, the Krusual remained in the mountains of Pator and played on nasty guerrilla warfare that left the Amarr enslavement attempts mostly unsuccessful, and caused them a lot of casualties.

Chowda

• Egger

From the buildup during The Empyrean Age, it was let on that Ishukone was both Federation-friendly at the time as well as led by a man with a checkered past.  The friendship with the Federation was likely both due to exposure in the Federation markets and a hedge against scandals which the CEO would have to face.

But since the Malkalen Catastrophe, Ishukone has both backed efforts to nationalize segments of corporate industry to support the war effort, and have tried to make amends with the Federation to get back into the excellent standing they had before war broke out.

Essentially, they are stuck in the middle as they are nearly as exposed in Federation space as they are in Caldari space.  They were one of the top earners among the Big 8 before Malkalen, but now they are coming from a position of weakness. 

Then again, this situation as put forth to us is 2-3 years old.  By now, they could very well have completely rebuilt, retooled, and are every bit the American Democratic Party that so many roleplayers want them to be. 

Hamish Grayson

But as far as that being an "ulterior" motive, eh... seems like it's more of an accepted "fortunate side effect" of business, than something sinister. They might not want to be BFFs with the Federation, but they definitely have reason to be friends with benefits.

I am going to disagree with Seriphyn and agree with you.   I'm not saying Ishukone's motives are sinster, that's Seriphyn putting words in my mouth.  They are simply acting in their own self interest.

Strengthening the Federation’s economy is neither a desired nor undesired side effect of perusing their own self interests; it’s just a side effect.   

As for selling TCMCs, that’s an example of Ishukone pragmatism again.     TEA and the news articles from that time frame did not portray Ishukone as being the most profitable, infact it was failing miserably and they needed a product that would sell least they fail completely.  They had TCMCs and the Khanid appeared to be willing buyers.  Orto made a choice between letting his company collapse or selling a product to slavers that he could rationalize would make miserable slaves happier.   

Another thing about the TCMCs that people seem to forget is that only a relatively few TCMCs were ever sold to the Khanid.   Rich Gallenteans started buying them for “Chip parties” and forced the price up so high that the Khanid, who were looking for a cheap alternative to other methods, wouldn’t buy anymore. 

« Last Edit: 07 Jul 2011, 14:02 by Hamish Grayson »
Pages: [1] 2