Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Jin-Mei homeworlds of Lirsautton III and V are called Chakaux and Chandeille respectively?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 - SPOILERS INSIDE  (Read 30441 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Mass Effect 3 - SPOILERS INSIDE
« Reply #60 on: 16 Mar 2012, 14:08 »

You mean that playing multi increases the galactic readiness ?

Also, i loled when i saw this a little bit after i wrote my last message :

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #61 on: 16 Mar 2012, 14:15 »

Also, the bitching I've seen elsewhere about having to do multiplayer is silly. I got a full bar halfway through the game at 60% readiness.

Actually, unless you import a savegame where a lot of things are done exactly right, it's completely impossible to get the 'full bar' without multiplayer. The stock playthrough without importing saves can't get the "good" Destroy ending nor the Synthesis ending at all without multiplayer. Silly? I find it rather justified to bitch about being forced into multiplayer to not have your endings derped. Oh wait, they got fucked up anyway. Nevermind, silly me.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #62 on: 16 Mar 2012, 14:29 »

Figured imported savegames made a big difference. But multiplayer is well done IMO anyway. Very fun co-op.

I must agree that the differences between endings are trivial...although I understand what they were trying to do with it...as far as I can tell, depending on war assets...

- Destroy the Reapers, but Earth is destroyed, along with the rest of the cycle
- Destroy the Reapers, but London is shown as devastated, with no cheering from the ground forces
- Destroy the Reapers, with London and Earth left intact, marines cheering (Shepard survives, de facto 'best' ending?).
- Synergy (only one type)
- Control the Reapers, but London is shown as devastated, with no cheering.
- Control the Reapers, Earth is left intact, cheering.

I mean...if marines cheering over a victory or left not cheering over a phyrric one counts as 'distinct', well...
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2012, 14:35 by Seriphyn »

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger
« Reply #63 on: 16 Mar 2012, 14:35 »

I would recommend checking youtube for Mass effect 3 ending comparison. I find it very depressing.

After a 1000+ choices made during 3 games it boiled down to claimed 17 wildly varied endings that would not just be about chossing A, B, C being 6 that barring a few seconds difference is actually 1.

Not to mention collecting warassets and bothering having anything but base galactic readiness/effective military strenght is totally pointless.
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2012, 14:42 by Kaldor Mintat »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #64 on: 16 Mar 2012, 14:49 »

You mean that playing multi increases the galactic readiness ?

Yes. It drops back down slowly over time. I find it usually goes from about 100% to 96% or so between me going to bed and me starting the game up again the next day after I get home from work. Which is roughly 1-2 completed Bronze challenges.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #65 on: 16 Mar 2012, 14:51 »

I'm probably biased, but did anyone find London absolutely awesome for the final level? It was grim, dark, depressing...completely opposite to the sci-fi vistas we're used to in Mass Effect. Captured the essence of the threat.

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger
« Reply #66 on: 16 Mar 2012, 15:03 »

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/594/fxktm.jpg/ some more laughs. If nothing else i am getting alot of enyoment from various pics/comic strips/youtube vids about all of this.

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger
« Reply #67 on: 16 Mar 2012, 15:08 »

I'm probably biased, but did anyone find London absolutely awesome for the final level? It was grim, dark, depressing...completely opposite to the sci-fi vistas we're used to in Mass Effect. Captured the essence of the threat.

I generally found the surroundings and atmosphere good/excellent. Unfourtanetly i found the actual missions very short. Might just be a personal thing.

While i liked the game at times it felt too much like watching a movie with all the cutscenes and autodialouge and i doubt anyone having this as their first experience of the Mass Effect universe would get hooked on it.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #68 on: 16 Mar 2012, 17:22 »

Indoctrination theory explained in a 14-minute fan-made video

The more I think about it, the more I am seduced by it.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #69 on: 16 Mar 2012, 17:41 »

I generally found the surroundings and atmosphere good/excellent. Unfourtanetly i found the actual missions very short. Might just be a personal thing.

Not just you, I had the same feeling.

Save the Elcor from the reapers!  Potentially epic mission involving lots of fighting reapers and protecting civilians, maybe at least as cool as the saving the biotic kids from the school right? 

Fly out to system, probe the planet...wait what?  Mission completed?  Seriously? 

Yeah.  Some of the missions were just stupid short involving like 10 NPCs and 40 square feet of level.  Some of them didn't even exist.  I dunno.  The fact that I finished the game in 22 hours of gameplay felt like it was too little when I managed to pour 50+ into ME2.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #70 on: 16 Mar 2012, 18:09 »

While i liked the game at times it felt too much like watching a movie with all the cutscenes and autodialouge and i doubt anyone having this as their first experience of the Mass Effect universe would get hooked on it.

I am not sure. It might be more complicated than that. I think it depends a lot on the people themselves. Remember games like Heavy Rain, or some japanese RPGs ? Even more cutscenes and linear action. A lot of people loved that, and a lot of people hated it. It always generates a good deal of debates, especially in critics. Mostly because for everyone its always about "freedom" in that kind of games.

The other side (probably a minority in the western population) that actually love linear stories where the player has absolutely no control over the scenario, is far, far less outspoken. But eventually this always comes down to story quality vs player generated story.

Save the Elcor from the reapers!  Potentially epic mission involving lots of fighting reapers and protecting civilians, maybe at least as cool as the saving the biotic kids from the school right? 

Fly out to system, probe the planet...wait what?  Mission completed?  Seriously? 

This is quite usual with classical RPG structures involving a primary quest and secondary quests. Secondary quests are mostly here to fill the inability of the devs to fill the blank in terms of story and content. For me it is just a way to strongly increase the lifetime of the game, generally with very poor content.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #71 on: 16 Mar 2012, 19:53 »

So, everyone pays full price for a terrible game that needs DLC to complete it to satisfaction, is the feel I'm getting? I'll wait for a steam sale...

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #72 on: 16 Mar 2012, 19:56 »

I'll wait for a steam sale...

This is my plan. I haven't even really gotten into ME2 yet, trying to find my ME1 disk to reinstall, play through that, etc, and this thread has put a mild hurt on my eagerness for ME3. So I'll take my time and wait for it to be cheaper.

Random Sentience

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #74 on: 16 Mar 2012, 22:44 »

So, everyone pays full price for a terrible game that needs DLC to complete it to satisfaction, is the feel I'm getting? I'll wait for a steam sale...

Nono, the game is absolutely fantastic, the last 5 minutes (of a good 40-60 hour+ game) are absolutely crap.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18