Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Slavers hunt by jumping high in the air and coming down on their prey from above?

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 - SPOILERS INSIDE  (Read 30411 times)

Random Sentience

Re: Mass Effect 3 - SPOILERS INSIDE
« Reply #225 on: 21 Apr 2012, 17:54 »

I never quite got how to not be shit at Batarian soldier, honestly. Turian, I'm fine with; perhaps the Striker is just an awkward weapon to use. (Although I have the same issue of not quite getting it with Krogans and various shotguns, too.)
It's definitely a CQB class. Using the Disciple (if you're lucky enough to get the unlock) is pretty much a necessity. You don't have too much reduction in cooldown, and plenty of ammo to survive a wave, plus stopping power/stagger effect. Plus, both Batarian classes give a shotgun/sniper rifle weight reduction boost if you want/need it.

Then again, I've had success with using an Avenger with both Batarian classes, as well as the Carnifex. Very flexible race (and don't let anyone tell you otherwise).

Asari adepts (vanilla) and Turian soldiers are probably my favourite classes, though; stasis with a scoped Carnifex wreaks havoc on enemies that can be frozen, whereas warp chased with a throw will play merry hell with the rest. Turian soldier's a lot more straightforward: hit 1 to activate marksman and vomit bullets from the Phaeston into enemies' faces. \o/
Yup yup, though I'm starting to favor the Batarian Sentinel to the Turian Soldier. The Batarian is an awesome race to learn using shotguns with, regardless of class, because they're very forgiving when it comes to accuracy. Tons of HP, and the submission net ability is as effective as a Stasis attack (with greatly increased DOT at higher levels) or the "fire and forget" blade gauntlet (with aforementioned wider firing arc and longer range modifiers, and delayed explosion).

The Carnifex is a good gun too. Stasis/headshot combo is always fun, but you'll almost always be outscored by the Infiltrators/Engineers with sniper rifles. :( Takes too long to Stasis the enemy and then line up a shot. Learning how to take the shots without worrying about stasis (and let's face it, if you can do that, a shotgun at point blank isn't much harder to weild), you'll be able to do anything with just about any race. Of course if you're not worried about scores, then by all means it's a sick weapon that will get you out of a LOT of tight spots.

As for Krogan: it's not about shotguns, it's about melee. They're the battering rams of the game. Used appropriately, they're more devastating than any other class (except for facing Banshees). Not my cup of tea, but once I get a little better with my Batarians I'll probably start mastering the Krogan. I also need to unlock two of the Krogan classes though.  :(

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #226 on: 12 Oct 2012, 11:17 »

Still demanding Niftu Cal, Volus Vanguard Biotic God.

._.
Fixed.

* BloodBird practices his mad necromancer skillz/

So this is old, but despite the game's ending and all, I still occasionally play the multiplayer. In recent days, a new free MP-DLC added the collectors as a possible enemy, more weapons etc. and a few new characters, including a Volus Adept and a Volus Engineer. Biotic God, served for you all.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #227 on: 12 Oct 2012, 11:40 »

Leviathan and the extended ending thing made it a lot better imo.

still not the greatest ending, your opinion may of course vary.
\o/

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #228 on: 12 Oct 2012, 12:01 »

I haven't picked it up again since my first playthrough prior to the ending revamp.

Is it uh, worth my time to check out the DLC and re-run the last few missions? Not looking forward to having to re-grind MP to get the best ending again...

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #229 on: 12 Oct 2012, 12:02 »

I haven't picked it up again since my first playthrough prior to the ending revamp.

Is it uh, worth my time to check out the DLC and re-run the last few missions? Not looking forward to having to re-grind MP to get the best ending again...

Yes. The EMS scores needed for the endings was lowered, and you don't need MP to get the "best" endings.
\o/

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #230 on: 12 Oct 2012, 13:03 »

Explains??

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #231 on: 12 Oct 2012, 13:10 »

Explains??

To get the best ending, your effective military strength, from the war assets (from missions) and readiness rating (affected by MP), needed to be ~4000. There were only around 7500 total assets in game that you could acquire, which without playing multiplayer, and thus only having 50% readiness rating, meant you could only get 3750 EMS maximum, which meant you had to play some multiplayer in order to get all endings available.

the extended cut lowers the effective military strength to get all endings to 3100, which is a lot easier to get, and does not require multiplayer.

Leviathan adds around 600 war assets as well, so if you have Leviathan, but not the extended cut, you can still get all endings without any multiplayer.

\o/

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #232 on: 12 Oct 2012, 13:19 »

Still demanding Niftu Cal, Volus Vanguard Biotic God.

._.
Fixed.

* BloodBird practices his mad necromancer skillz/

So this is old, but despite the game's ending and all, I still occasionally play the multiplayer. In recent days, a new free MP-DLC added the collectors as a possible enemy, more weapons etc. and a few new characters, including a Volus Adept and a Volus Engineer. Biotic God, served for you all.

I got the Volus Adept the day before yesterday and it's a fucking blast to play with. Two special abilities, Biotic Orbs (little throwable biotic balls ala warp/throw that increase your cooldown rate the more you have around you) and Shield Boost (a squad buff skill that boosts shields/barriers of you and nearby squadmates), coupled with a hilarious melee attack (not telling, it'll ruin the lols) and the ability to hide behind cover without being able to use cover like other classes - seriously, you can kill Cerberus turrets over low cover without getting hit by them even if they're shooting at you - make this class quite entertaining to play with.

I have both of the new Turian kits - more a fan of the Havoc Soldier, but I haven't really given the Ghost much of a try yet.

Silas, if you have the PC version you should try MP with the rest of us sometime. Bunch of us play on a regular basis. :p
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #233 on: 12 Oct 2012, 13:29 »

Bah, it's on XBOX for me...  ONLY because I'm still playing my ME1 character that is buried in that xbox harddrive. 

Too much emotional attachment to re-roll new char on PC :)

My evil queen bitch femshep dominates all ;)

THanks for the clarification.

Yea i had max points for single player and had to grind up the multi to get best ending, this is great.

Quick question... I was like 1 renegade point short of getting martin sheen to suicide at the end, am i right to assume the leviathan DLC will put me over the top on renegade points? :)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #234 on: 12 Oct 2012, 13:47 »

There are plenty of paragon/renegade options in Leviathan. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #235 on: 12 Oct 2012, 14:16 »

Yeah, I think the extended ending at least explains things and make it overall more consistent/coherent. Like Louella said, not the best they could have done, but at least it fixes most of the things (most...) and make it work.

Explains??

To get the best ending, your effective military strength, from the war assets (from missions) and readiness rating (affected by MP), needed to be ~4000. There were only around 7500 total assets in game that you could acquire, which without playing multiplayer, and thus only having 50% readiness rating, meant you could only get 3750 EMS maximum, which meant you had to play some multiplayer in order to get all endings available.

the extended cut lowers the effective military strength to get all endings to 3100, which is a lot easier to get, and does not require multiplayer.

Leviathan adds around 600 war assets as well, so if you have Leviathan, but not the extended cut, you can still get all endings without any multiplayer.

Never having even tried MP, I still fail to see what ending I did not have access to before I got the extended cut DLC. What ending required 4000 ?

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #236 on: 12 Oct 2012, 14:22 »

There are plenty of paragon/renegade options in Leviathan. :P

God's damn it, now I've got to go get 800 bioware points.

I was letting that DLC be for now because I wanted more ren/par points to manage ot get enough of either to influence more options, but did not know if there was many options in the DLC.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #237 on: 12 Oct 2012, 15:13 »

Leviathan is worth it regardless of the paragon/renegade stuff. It answers a number of questions previous stuff hadn't, and raises some interesting ones. I enjoyed it thoroughly, though I haven't gone and finished the playthrough after having done it yet.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Reyd Karris

« Reply #238 on: 12 Oct 2012, 23:15 »

My little Biotic God lays waste to all before him!

Volus Adept FTW.

Leviathan spoiler follows:
[spoiler]On a more serious note, playing against Collectors in MP has helped me realize one failing in the SP game; there's no sense of urgency like there is in MP. The Collectors are just so much more awesome and scary than the Reaper ground forces. They say the Reapers will win in a conventional war, but there's really nothing that demonstrates this decisively. Leviathan even gives hints that with them on the side of the good guys, there's a chance to turn the tide...[/spoiler]

Would pay $20 to have the option of adding Collector enemies to the existing Reaper lineup in the ground combat (especially during the final push on Earth, since Harbinger's there to lead potentially lead his Collector minions). It would really drive home the point that it's do-or-die with the Catalyst.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #239 on: 13 Oct 2012, 01:09 »

Never having even tried MP, I still fail to see what ending I did not have access to before I got the extended cut DLC. What ending required 4000 ?

the "control" and "destroy" endings had variations that mostly affected what state Earth was in, these variations had higher requirements. The highest "destroy" variation required 4000.
\o/
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18