Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

blueprints are required for manufacture of everything from shuttles to dreadnoughts because of strict anti-copyright infringement laws enforced by the SCC.

Author Topic: ISGC Racing League status?  (Read 1332 times)

Saikoyu

• Omelette
ISGC Racing League status?
« on: 27 Jan 2011, 12:56 »

Is there anyone here who knows who was the last person or persons in charge of this?  I remember Kaleigh was in charge of it at one point I think, and then she passed it off to someone else, and I want to say it was Quintrala and Killjoy.  Is anyone still planning to run this, and if not, would any of the past leaders object to me taking it over when I get back into the game?  Just kinda throwing this out there to gauge interest and such. 

Kaleigh Doyle

Re: ISGC Racing League status?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2011, 14:29 »

Kj and Quin started their own league and continued after I left for a couple of seasons. I. Would suggest starting fresh. I know there's other leagues out there now, so I imagine there will be interest. Best of luck to you!

Kohiko Sun

• Duckling
  • Egger
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2011, 05:26 »

We have KJ, Kayleigh, and Jude in the corp at the moment, and Quin is poking about applying when she gets more free time to play. We've talked a bit IC and OOC about trying to bring the league back - some joking and some serious, but with RL and the burnout from last time pushing on some, nothing's come from it yet.
Will work for pretty sig.

Elsebeth Rhiannon

• Omelette
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jan 2011, 05:52 »

From having set up a one-time race once, and having ran various "weekly op" thingies over the years: it's a lot of work. More than you realize. It's not something you do on the side while also doing other stuff. If you try, the other stuff will suffer, the league will suffer, or you will burn out and both will suffer. You have been warned.

Not that anyone involved has ever listened to my warnings on this ever before. But one has to try. As I understand it, KillJoy, Quintrala, and Kayleigh are the guys to talk about it, and all are around semi-actively enough that an evemail should work.

I miss racing.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jan 2011, 10:33 »

It usually took me about twenty to thirty hours a week to setup courses, compile data, and write race results...on a weekly basis. And I did this to varying degrees over a two year period. Do I regret doing it? Hell no; would i ever do it again? Probably not...I don't have enough time or willpower to see it through.