Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That ship crews only perform cleanup, maintenance, and lower-order operations on ships? (The Burning Life p 31)

Author Topic: Railgun Buff! At least the USA is doing their part to balance the game...  (Read 1645 times)

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain

Oh man, terrorism is going to get its ass kicked.

Oh wait.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Those are for shootin' Chinese ships and Arabians, duh.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran

Why would they shoot their owners?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

That's what Americans do.  ;)

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette

I heard they passed a bill that alowes drones/UAVs to fly in USA space  :roll:

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran

Actually we have been flying UAVs in US Airspace for years as part of missions like border patrol.

The Navy has been pursuing railguns for years and it would replace the naval gun(s) ships already have.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran

Its actually a fairly common sense rule.  Border Patrol has used them for years, and the Coast Guard im sure will see an upswing on them.  Everything like police helicopters and radio "eye-in-the-sky" traffic copters will likely be replaced by them, at least in part. Drones are going to be used in things like search and rescue and fighting fires by the Park Service.  Would rather coordinate them with airliners and stuff, cus, well, I fly every once in awhile, and collisions suck yo.

Not all that excited by the prospect of FBI drones doing surveillance over major cities or news services with constant video presence in the air.

(this aint going to be just a US phenomenon either...theyre gonna be everywhere in a couple decades)

« Last Edit: 09 Feb 2012, 10:34 by Gottii »
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type

Its actually a fairly common sense rule.  Border Patrol has used them for years, and the Coast Guard im sure will see an upswing on them.  Everything like police helicopters and radio "eye-in-the-sky" traffic copters will likely be replaced by them, at least in part. Drones are going to be used in things like search and rescue and fighting fires by the Park Service.  Would rather coordinate them with airliners and stuff, cus, well, I fly every once in awhile, and collisions suck yo.

Not all that excited by the prospect of FBI drones doing surveillance over major cities or news services with constant video presence in the air.

(this aint going to be just a US phenomenon either...theyre gonna be everywhere in a couple decades)

That is a good idea. :O
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you