Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That ship crews only perform cleanup, maintenance, and lower-order operations on ships? (The Burning Life p 31)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [Character] Cynthia Gallente []  (Read 7081 times)

Sofia Roseburn

• Does this look like the face of mercy?
  • Egger
Re: Cynthia Gallente [Closing thoughts]
« Reply #15 on: 29 May 2013, 16:34 »

Hmm, do I want to know what happened? :|

Anyway, your welcome. :cube:

Not really!

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #16 on: 29 May 2013, 16:40 »

There isn't an :indifferent: option on the poll :(

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 29 May 2013, 19:42 »

Everything you said about the RP community being insular is true BUT  it is very possible to make a little room in there for yourself provided you take things at a reasonable pace, talk only as often as you listen and keep the dramallamas to a minimum.

I've never felt that the bittervets sneer at me, even if they sometimes sneer a little bit at my character - but only IN character (at least as far as I know!).

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #18 on: 29 May 2013, 22:03 »

I can't say that I've ever felt excluded from the RP scene for OOC reasons.

If anything, the RP peeps in EVE are very friendly and welcoming.

Though that can leave to newbies being a bit more trusting/open than someone ought to be in EVE.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #19 on: 30 May 2013, 02:55 »

I never got to interact with you and I am sorry to see another RPer leave the scene. If you decide to come back just remember there is no such thing as you are doing it wrong, and you should not care what 'most' of these people think of you it will just lead to stressful situations.

Have fun out there and be sure to kick some ass.

evelyn_anna

« Reply #20 on: 30 May 2013, 03:02 »

*reads thread with red, puffy eyes.* I got you a gallon of tears for the road. *hugs* Cynthia is a great character, and I, and Evelyn, have enjoyed rping with you.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #21 on: 30 May 2013, 03:57 »

Closing thoughts.
The eve rp community is a very insular thing.
People are more than happy to pile on and make other feels bad.
People would rather stomp out a good rp'r than work with them, perhaps this is a bit of jealousy?

I bid you welcome to the true nature of the EVE RP community.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #22 on: 30 May 2013, 04:28 »

Regardless of the RP and/or meta-RP crime, it is very disappointing to hear the departure of a community member. At the end of the day, this is the adult version of pretend and very little related to that justifies the driving out of a member no matter their standing.

Unfortunately, you are correct about the nature of the RP community, and like social interactions IRL, there's not much logic or consistency to it. The rules of the game are mostly arbitrary, alas. I have noticed that the RP community as a composite entity (rather than individuals) has a general inability to consider the opposing side in any sort of episodes of drama. Like with most of the Internet, there's an echo chamber effect where someone or something is unequivocally reduced to an objective of collective hate, something to rally around so that everyone may agree with one another and reinforce their social bonds.

Just look at what happens to YouTube comments that are unpopular. They're flagged as spam. As with YouTube or Reddit, the EVE RP community plays by the same rules. Conform or fight an uphill battle.

Shiori

« Reply #23 on: 30 May 2013, 05:00 »

Oh, yes. The EVE RP community is in no way different from any other gathering of humans and their opaque and contradictionary social rules, cliques, stupid fashions, and general toxic bullshit. It's one of the reasons I settled on an avatar wearing a gas mask.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #24 on: 30 May 2013, 05:18 »

I'm sad that a rp'er was driven away by less open minded people.  :cube: :cube: :cube:

Jikk

• Patriarch
  • Clonejack
  • Magister Dixit
    • Maritime Games
« Reply #25 on: 30 May 2013, 05:31 »

It is unfortunate that such drastic action, be it through communicative issues, arrogance/ignorance or otherwise inability to be part of a community has led to such an occurrence.

Although I don't prescribe to the theory of jealousy, nor the need to partake in supposition, I'm sure one can only hope to be content in whatever endeavour lies on the horizon; even if it is one well travelled.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #26 on: 30 May 2013, 08:18 »

CG... that's really BAD reason to leave, mmkay?
Your situation is not that bad actually. Consider, for example, just being one day as Diana Kim.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #27 on: 30 May 2013, 10:59 »

Diana Kim? The past week, she's been a rather popular person to rally for IC, and I think she gets respected OOC as one of the few die-hard provists.

I think CG is referring to OOC flak. I'm not 100% sure, 'cause I tend to avoid OOC like the plague...one of the reasons being that I'm not interested in seeing people being called idiots for how they RP, which unfortunatly I did get to see in one of my two(?) brief visits to the OOC channel.
-OOChé

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #28 on: 30 May 2013, 11:27 »

I really liked all the clever images that Cynthia made, like the one with the screen in front of the eye. those were amazing.

I know what people mean about the insular thing, I went to Cynthia's club in Jita, when she was having a fireworks thing, and I was, as far as I could see, the only person there, and it was a bit heartbreaking. Cynthia had set up a whole lot of fireworks things, and no one turned up. :(

unfortunately, schedules made it hard for me to interact with Cynthia, so I don't know what else I could have done, to allow people to enjoy themselves.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #29 on: 30 May 2013, 13:36 »

Regardless of the RP and/or meta-RP crime, it is very disappointing to hear the departure of a community member. At the end of the day, this is the adult version of pretend and very little related to that justifies the driving out of a member no matter their standing.

Unfortunately, you are correct about the nature of the RP community, and like social interactions IRL, there's not much logic or consistency to it. The rules of the game are mostly arbitrary, alas. I have noticed that the RP community as a composite entity (rather than individuals) has a general inability to consider the opposing side in any sort of episodes of drama. Like with most of the Internet, there's an echo chamber effect where someone or something is unequivocally reduced to an objective of collective hate, something to rally around so that everyone may agree with one another and reinforce their social bonds.

Just look at what happens to YouTube comments that are unpopular. They're flagged as spam. As with YouTube or Reddit, the EVE RP community plays by the same rules. Conform or fight an uphill battle.

^
Pages: 1 [2] 3