EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE Character Development

Character names: History, reasons, etc.

<< < (2/27) > >>

Zuzanna Alondra:
Zu's name:

It's a mix-

Zu - is from Zoey in Firefly.
Anna - a reference to the name of my holy priest from WoW.  She was a "sweet natured" person that everyone said could never hurt a fly.  But what no one knew was that she a leader in an assassian's guild sponsered by some overly zealous folks - I figured it fit with what I read about Eve. I've used Anna as part of the name for several charaters where they had a sweet demeanor.

Alondra - The last name of the charater Zu gets her body build from.  My druid also had the tendency to flip emotions and thoughts quickly.  One moment she might be ready to kill, the next playing with some trinket and perfectly happy.

Mix the three personalites together - add a fun little backstory to match the name and you have Zu.

Grr:
I could not get the name I wanted (can't even remember what) back in the days of Legend of Mir and so in frustration....

It's been with me ever since in every MMO and I was extremely pleased when a few years ago the name became available in eve.  I rerolled instantly after paying some russian guy 100m to delete his char.

There is a nice IC story developed to support this name but that's private corp fiction ;)

Locomoto:
Many, many years ago, in a town far, far away, I was a lonely, bored bachelor with a typewriter (thanks Mom!).  I wrote "hundreds" of short stories (the longest broke 100 pages before I grew bored with it).  In one of those stories an interstellar drifter was born:  Orion Core.

The name 'Orion' is simply a reference to the constellation that shines brightly in the winter months of the northern hemisphere.  The surname, 'Core,' isn't his real surname, but the dual focus of the original character:  to understand himself (his core) and to 'discover' the galactic core ("It's hard to discover something everybody can see from thousands of parsecs out, Orion").  The Original Orion Core (from hereon out referred to as OOC) was never given a surname.

In EVE, I've not given much thought to the name as I've used it in other games (right along with a host of other main and secondary characters from those long ago stories).

Carmilla:
Many years ago I started writing my own Sci-fi book, and still am. As works in progress go it's a monster. But two of the main characters had the following names which followed me to MMO's.

Shamsara D'Morenta
Victoria Ballentyne

Shamsara D'Morenta was left on the pvp field in SWG when teh game turned shite (RIP) so I created a new one, Carmilla D'Morenta. I kept the surname and took Carmilla because I was watching a Hammer House of Horror movie when creating the toon.

Victoria Ballentyne was the main character in my book, and she was the first toon I created in Eve, now sold. Shortly after I created her, I think about a month later I gave her a sister, Angelina. Angelina being the name of the murderous wife of Jim D'Griz, the Stainless Steel rat.

Arnulf Ogunkoya:
When I signed up I asked the friend that persuaded me to do so what Matari names where like. She said a mix of Nordic and African. So Arnulf should be obvious enough. Ogunkoya is a Nigerian name.

Then after I joined I realised that the Sebiestors had the Nordic names & the Brutors most of the African ones. Hence Arn's mixed tribe heritage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version