EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE Character Development

Character names: History, reasons, etc.

<< < (27/27)

Teinyhr:
Amalgamation of two usernames I used well over 10 years ago. I'm not exactly sure where the Tein part actually originates from anymore but "yhr" part means uh, literally loosely translated "the solitary knight." so actually it is an acronym that I for some reason thought would fit in well with "Tein." Today my cobbled-together character name is one of my biggest regrets in EVE.

Loai:
I went through a series of trial accounts over the course of a few years before I actually subscribed with a long-term character (this was when a two-week trial was all you got). One of them was QRL Loai, with QRL being a complete asspull on lore; supposedly it signified her home planet and hanger-on sub-nobility status of her family. Didn't have much time to flesh her out IC, but her portrait was the most amazingly snooty thing you've ever seen and I got attached pretty much solely in that regard.

Now a proper resident of New Eden, the Loai part stayed. QRL turned to Qerl, and she's still hanger-on sub-nobility. People have a lot of trouble figuring out how to pronounce Qerl.

Mikinn:
I've been on an Old Norse kick recently because my moms side of the family is Norwegian, so I looked through the dictionary until I found a word I felt like fit the way I imagined her balls-to-the-walls, fly-girl, personality - Mikinn - it means both hard and fast. (they probably meant the fast as in unmoving, but hey, poetic license and either way is still a pretty cool name) On a sidenote, I later learned while researching lore, that the Sebiestor tend toward Nordic style names. I thought that was a fun coincidence.

Aergri Evingod:
Before choosing a user name I did the collection of characters in the minmatar republic system names. The "gr" digraph and that triconsonant combinations in system names appear stuck and after some toying I started to like Aergri.

Evingod was provided by the name generator.

Azazel Drakonis:
I always liked the name Azazel and after looking into it, decided to adopt it. Drakonis, my unhealthy obsession with Dragons. Also, I had to keep the surname to match my main at the time, Akatosh, chief deity of the Divines from Skyrim. So they're almost opposite each other. One devil, one divine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version