Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ship crews either spend most of their journey in their escape pods, and are awoken with adrenaline only as needed?(Source: The Burning Life novel by CCP Abraxas.) or live aboard ship much like ship's crews today? (Source)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Are You Not Entertained?! [Cruiser Melee]  (Read 3125 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: Are You Not Entertained?! [Cruiser Melee]
« Reply #15 on: 19 Oct 2012, 18:02 »

Ban faction cruisers, please. Those are 'technically' tech 1, ala Faction War. Unless Cynabals against Everyone is the order of the day? :D

Excellent suggestion.  'Navy' versions however are not terribly overpowered and will be permitted.

When I was still playing a navy caracal was more or less able to play on the same terms than a cerberus, or a nomen like a zealot, or even better, at close range. T1 standard cruisers are no match for those as well, even if pirate variants are even more powerful.

I'm alright with it.  Navy ships will have a giant bullseye on their foreheads and cooperation to kill them immediately might be a good tactic to employ.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #16 on: 19 Oct 2012, 18:04 »

Deadrow i will check availability of everyone who commits and if they are alright I can likely move it to 00:00?

Let me know if that is your earliest

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #17 on: 19 Oct 2012, 18:06 »

That is about the time I get home from work on weekends (sundays I'm a bit earlier).

I know it might be asking too much, but if I could get the location a day before so I could move a ship a couple jumps from staging point that would be good too <3

Either way hope people come!

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #18 on: 19 Oct 2012, 19:26 »

Honestly, I'd think that anyone not flying a Navy Cruiser would be gimping themselves. They really are awesome when properly fitted.

ANYWAYS, I love this idea, Silas. :)

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #19 on: 19 Oct 2012, 19:42 »

Also think about it this way, its more than 500m in slaves up for grabs, so that should more than cover any well-fit navy ship.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #20 on: 19 Oct 2012, 20:36 »

epicness. Well done Silas.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #21 on: 19 Oct 2012, 20:37 »

Good stuff. 
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #22 on: 20 Oct 2012, 00:36 »

I've been getting a lot of 'this sounds cool!' but not getting a lot of evemails of actual intent to participate. Gonna be a real boring cruiser melee with like two people :P

Lyn Farel

« Reply #23 on: 20 Oct 2012, 03:09 »

Are people allowed to warp out ?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #24 on: 20 Oct 2012, 08:32 »

Definitely not.   Think of it like a cage match.

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #25 on: 20 Oct 2012, 10:30 »

I'm sure there'll be no shortage of unannounced/uninvited attendees. :)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #26 on: 21 Oct 2012, 12:40 »

I'm sure there'll be no shortage of unannounced/uninvited attendees. :)

The problem with this event and the above-mentioned idea is the fact that only a small part of the slaves will be available in the cans. Even if they are hacked, you only get so-and-so many. So signing up for the fight, then letting your gang in on the location to secure them only get you so far.

On the other hand securing all of them demands that you destroy all the opposing ships, many of whom might be your allies or friends. And that for the amusement of a person you might not like IC, too. Silas get's her entertainment, you get your shame and blue-on-blue shit-fest, and your not guaranteed to get the slaves even then.

Unless ofc loads of them secretly work together for one unified goal in mind regarding the slaves and then have all but one warp out and forfeit their part in the fight, granting the victory to a chosen member of this secret alliance. That could be done, but there are no telling how many attenders will be there solo as requested, how many are really working together, or how many alliances will show up on the field.

In the end, the only guarantee is that Silas will be seriously amused and might not even have to hand the slaves over. More blooding victims \o/

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #27 on: 21 Oct 2012, 21:38 »

Like I said I'm not doing any scheming on this.  I would of course prefer people play by the rules, show up, and fight, but IC is IC.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #28 on: 23 Oct 2012, 09:49 »

Saturday 23:00 EVE for pew pew glory

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #29 on: 23 Oct 2012, 09:52 »

Being unable to come to this (for obvious reasons), I would be highly grateful for any wielders of the fraps.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani
Pages: 1 [2] 3