Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

DioCore is a Gallentean research firm that survived a hostile takeover by its own start-up investors, MindChill, in the early days of the company.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Are You Not Entertained?! [Cruiser Melee]  (Read 3126 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Are You Not Entertained?! [Cruiser Melee]
« on: 19 Oct 2012, 07:52 »

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=164406&find=unread

As I said in OOC yesterday, this is entirely un-scripted and up to you all IC how it plays out.

I initially wanted to have all 600,000 floating in space but giant containers don't have anywhere near the volume.

Throwing them all in a POS tower also means the containers can't be possibly shot by interlopers either :(

I'm going to probably settle with anchoring as many filled containers as I can on field and having a bit of an obstacle course, but will just contract the remaining slaves to the 'winner' if we have one.

Any cheating, scheming, collusion, etc please handle IC and is entirely up to the participants. The less I know the better, and more fun for you all !

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: Are You Not Entertained?! [Cruiser Melee]
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2012, 12:47 »

2 Questions:

1, when you say "One pilot per organization", does that refer to corp/alliance or faction?

2, is there an exact time/date for this?
« Last Edit: 19 Oct 2012, 12:49 by Esna Pitoojee »
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2012, 12:50 »

I would say one per alliance, not faction.

So one TSF member, one PIE member, what-have-you.

If we are that short of pilots we'll bump it up?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2012, 12:51 »

Missed question two.

I'm aiming for probably noonish for USA people and 7 or 8 pm for EU players. Something in that range to hit the widest swath

Lyn Farel

« Reply #4 on: 19 Oct 2012, 13:00 »

Lolsome.  :D

If only I was still playing... Already have a lot of ideas.

And just so we're clear any particularly egregious violations of my terms that I dislike will likely result in the entire stock being liquidated.

Duh, don't give them such ideas... /o\

There are people out there that would like nothing more than seeing the whole lot liquidated.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 19 Oct 2012, 13:09 »

We'll just have to play it by ear! Any liquidation would be entirely from IC perspective, so I imagine depends who'se doing what when to whome. Complicated webs we weave.

When I tell participants the location I'll also give location for a nearby station, will be within a few jumps for people to stash ships, etc. 

Lyn Farel

« Reply #6 on: 19 Oct 2012, 13:10 »

So you can reship endlessly ?

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 19 Oct 2012, 17:39 »

So you can reship endlessly ?

Curious about this as well.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 19 Oct 2012, 17:51 »

Reshipping would be against the IC rules, and I'll post to that effect.

Having a station nearby might make your travel a bit easier if you are scooting through lowsec on the way. I'm picking a location that won't be difficult to get to and should be essentially empty.  It will be very close to highsec so no one who is an Empire player will have to run a difficult gauntlet to participate.

However I imagine some of you sneaky types wouldn't mind stashing an extra ship nearby should any shenanigans ensue.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #9 on: 19 Oct 2012, 17:51 »

Ban faction cruisers, please. Those are 'technically' tech 1, ala Faction War. Unless Cynabals against Everyone is the order of the day? :D
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 19 Oct 2012, 17:53 »

Ban faction cruisers, please. Those are 'technically' tech 1, ala Faction War. Unless Cynabals against Everyone is the order of the day? :D

Excellent suggestion.  'Navy' versions however are not terribly overpowered and will be permitted.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 19 Oct 2012, 17:57 »

As these fights develop organically, I'm hoping for perhaps some scheming to handle particularly hard to catch and elusive targets. Enemy of my enemy temporary alliances, etc.  Keep that private and IC of course.

Go nuts.

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #12 on: 19 Oct 2012, 17:58 »

Doubt I'll be online for this, sucks  :cry:

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #13 on: 19 Oct 2012, 18:01 »

Excellent suggestion.  'Navy' versions however are not terribly overpowered and will be permitted.

When I was still playing a navy caracal was more or less able to play on the same terms than a cerberus, or a nomen like a zealot, or even better, at close range. T1 standard cruisers are no match for those as well, even if pirate variants are even more powerful.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #14 on: 19 Oct 2012, 18:01 »

Dead when are you available? If we can swing it we'd love to have you.  The problem is I have to make it reasonably timed for both US and EU
Pages: [1] 2 3