Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That light pits, used to hold ships in place, are filled with complex electronic equipment, have no safety boundaries, and are lit with a dim blue light when not in use? (The Burning Life p. 77)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Is it just me...  (Read 10220 times)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Re: Is it just me...
« Reply #75 on: 20 May 2012, 18:52 »

When I started RP'ing as a main 'play-style' instead of treating the game and my toon as an extension of myself, it was only a few months until FW hit. By then the IGS was quasi-horrible - loads of the bullshit and sucky things we got to day, but also plenty of quality interactions and topics, ATL in my opinion. A mix-mash of both I soon found the trick to reply with quality to what I and my toon found interesting to reply too (The two had to match up, obviously) and had loads of fun conversing with people regarding topics of interest. It slowly went down-hill after the launch of FW, for a variety of reasons, but I still recall that core part of the IGS' activity and participants that was worth dealing with.

Then I stopped playing repeatedly and went inactive, then Incarna hit, and now the IGS is at it's low ebb, with questionable quality the only quality to remain, for the most part.

In short, the "IGS is worth your time" era died off some time ago, far as I know. Opinion may differ on if it's truly gone, when it died, and to what extent.

Personally I'm more worried over lack of IC news, events and lack-luster treatment to some PF elements.

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew
« Reply #76 on: 21 May 2012, 03:58 »

Personally I'm more worried over lack of IC news, events and lack-luster treatment to some PF elements.

If this was fixed, then the IGS would perk up.

Graanvlokkie

« Reply #77 on: 21 May 2012, 05:55 »

I have only posted onto the IGS twice in three years, mainly because I was led to believe in my first few months of play that posting to the IGS was a bad idea unless you could back your claims up with in space actions (a way of thinking I still adhere to).

My RP has always revolved around my current in space actions, so even RP'ing with characters with similar ideologies is non existent unless they are living in the same area as I am. Every so often Graanvlokkie pops up in some channels, gauges what everyone is up to and where their operations are, and then disappears into obscurity once again.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]