Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Achura has been part of the State for three centuries? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Is it just me...  (Read 10230 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: Is it just me...
« Reply #45 on: 16 May 2012, 15:29 »

Khanid II / Ardishapur 2012!

Change we can believe in!

Publius Valerius

« Reply #46 on: 16 May 2012, 17:05 »

Khanid II / Ardishapur 2012!

Change we can believe in!

I dont know... It is just a to weird compination  :(

As for the Ardishapur:
"During a resurgence in usage of the Transcranial Microcontrollers for slave control, the Ardishapur Family mostly banned them within their domains." [1]

And Yonis especially:
"The establishment of a sixth familial seat on the council for King Khanid II, styled and addressed as 'Lord Councillor' within the Privy Council, did not go unopposed by some Royal Heirs, with Lord Ardishapur the most vocal in his opposition." [2]

Im not a big Ardishapur fan  :(.... but if you like him on a ticket, maybe that fits better:

(Yonis) Ardishapur / Theology Council 2012

In God we trust
(If the council gets a new High Deacon one day... of course enter his/her name)

Second option would be:

Jamyl I / Pomik Haromi 2012

In central power we trust :P

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #47 on: 16 May 2012, 18:36 »

I will refer you to the last few United States elections, the president is almost required to pick a running mate at the opposite end of his party :P

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #48 on: 16 May 2012, 18:59 »

I will refer you to the last few United States elections, the president is almost required to pick a running mate at the opposite end of his party :P

BAD SILAS.

NO COMPARING EVE TO RL.

Besides, do you honestly think the future Emperor would pick someone so horribly likely to subvert his power to be his second-in-command?
I seriously doubt it, especially considering the position of the Kingdom as a minor faction compared to the Empire.

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
« Reply #49 on: 16 May 2012, 19:26 »

It’s good to see you active again.  RP is occurring, but as stated earlier in this thread, the numbers are small and it is often isolated to private channels catering to niche markets.  Perhaps in this instance fantasy is following reality.  “Birds of a feather” and all that.  Figuring out how to draw a divergent and often antagonistic population to a common conversation, while maintaining marginal civility, is a weighty task that I hope occurs.  Efforts I have been involved in to establish a Fed centered RP alliance have met with mixed success.  But what option do we have except to try.   I hope to have to opportunity to speak with you in game sooner or later.
« Last Edit: 16 May 2012, 19:29 by Syagrius »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #50 on: 16 May 2012, 19:35 »

BAD SILAS.

NO COMPARING EVE TO RL.

Besides, do you honestly think the future Emperor would pick someone so horribly likely to subvert his power to be his second-in-command?
I seriously doubt it, especially considering the position of the Kingdom as a minor faction compared to the Empire.

ack! It was a complete joke and doesn't merit anyone taking a closer look :P

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #51 on: 16 May 2012, 20:35 »

As an aside, 'Someone stole my milk' is an epic thread.

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #52 on: 16 May 2012, 20:42 »

Efforts I have been involved in to establish a Fed centered RP alliance have met with mixed success. 

Uh, I probably missed it. Can  you remind me which Fed centered RP alliance you're talking about?

Ulf has a soft spot for the idea of Gallente alliances, but just hasn't found a reality that matches.

Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #53 on: 16 May 2012, 22:11 »

The community as a whole is more dead than it used to be, IGS included; we are still feeling the aftermath of Incarna, and the continued effects of the way the fiction seems to have been going (ie, nowhere at all, if not backwards).

Abraxas has been right pissing me off in an arguement we're having on the eve-o boards in which he insists that the fiction team at CCP is doing an amazing job.

I really like most of his work, but the sheer audacity of that shit made me near fall off my chair.  :mad: :psyccp:
« Last Edit: 16 May 2012, 22:13 by Graelyn »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #54 on: 17 May 2012, 02:23 »

The strange thing is...

Ardishapur feed the Sarum military.

If Ardishapur and the Sarum stop cooperating, Sarum is the one that suffers.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Publius Valerius

« Reply #55 on: 17 May 2012, 02:24 »

The community as a whole is more dead than it used to be, IGS included; we are still feeling the aftermath of Incarna, and the continued effects of the way the fiction seems to have been going (ie, nowhere at all, if not backwards).

Abraxas has been right pissing me off in an arguement we're having on the eve-o boards in which he insists that the fiction team at CCP is doing an amazing job.

I really like most of his work, but the sheer audacity of that shit made me near fall off my chair.  :mad: :psyccp:

Me too....
and I thought it too: "He is by miles better than others"...  but his comment was really in a way, that I almost drop my Hollywood -- I love everything --- mask (see here). I also think that it have help nothing. I think, it will rather lead him in to the corner, where he just ignored the critique. Like Random Sentience already mention in the T1 thread:

"I've seen of Tony's response to community input seems defensive. When someone gets defensive, they tend to retreat into that little corner they've made, and fortify their position. In this case, it manifested as explaining (at great length) how everything ties together."

I think, that why he wrote the comment, as a mini manifest..... by the way, I have nothing against a manifest, and I even think if your work needs one, than put it in the story. :)

P.S. Silias I know.... but I also though: It is just a weird ticket, like: Rick Santorum / Barney Frank 2012
« Last Edit: 17 May 2012, 02:25 by Publius Valerius »

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew
« Reply #56 on: 17 May 2012, 02:32 »

And I will refer to the fact that the US is a republic run as a representative democracy while the Empire is a theocratic monarchy.

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew
« Reply #57 on: 17 May 2012, 02:36 »

As an aside, 'Someone stole my milk' is an epic thread.

It was a bit crap until Istvaan showed up.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #58 on: 17 May 2012, 05:50 »

Efforts I have been involved in to establish a Fed centered RP alliance have met with mixed success. 

Uh, I probably missed it. Can  you remind me which Fed centered RP alliance you're talking about?

Ulf has a soft spot for the idea of Gallente alliances, but just hasn't found a reality that matches.

Federal Consensus Outreach I think.

Random Sentience

« Reply #59 on: 17 May 2012, 19:19 »

I do think you have a good point. Abraxas does get very defensive on the forums, most notably in response to the quality/preciseness of the writing of certain individuals on staff at CCP.

I would wager that implying someone is not doing amazing might put most people on the defensive. Saying they're doing "shitty" is damn near guaranteeing it (and also being rather subjective to boot). Then again, the RP community has been antagonistic to the storyline team for as long as I can remember. News articles, chronicles, the novels... none of it has come without a certain amount of love lost on both sides of the fence.

When someone only sees negativity, it's easy for them to slowly block out the source of that negativity. IGS is another example of this. I'm not immune to posting negativity either, but I try to be constructive as well. I also try to give most threads at least a quick once-over on the possibility that there may be something worthwhile.

Point being, telling someone they're doing a shitty job is the least likely way to get them to do better. Telling them that there are a few things done right, and that certain aspects need fixing (even if those are major parts of the thing you're criticizing), works far better.

Abraxas really needs to lighten up though, and open up a bit more to the community too. It would probably lower everyone's blood pressure.  :s
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6