Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That all Blood Raider commanders receive substantial theological training as well? (The Burning Life, p. 56)

Author Topic: Illoren  (Read 1942 times)

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
Illoren
« on: 09 Mar 2011, 22:21 »

I was talking with Ashar the other evening and he reminded me of something. I've been looking for imformation on Illoren, an Intaki-themed PVP Corp which was an instrumental part of the RISE incident.

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/RISE_Incident (for those who don't know)

They've been inactive a while and I realised I don't know a few things.

1) Was Vorada Kuvakei a CCP actor or an actual player?
2) What about the rest of the corp?
3) If not, do those guys still play, even under other names?
4) Was anyone around then and paid attention to the whole thing?
5) It is a pity this awesome Corp, part of EVE history is just sitting there idle. That last one's not really a question.

Any thoughts?

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
Re: Illoren
« Reply #1 on: 09 Mar 2011, 22:32 »

I got kind of curious while reading through the RISE incident as part of my research on Intaki. I know nothing about the drug, which is what I was actually trying to research, but what caught my eye was the name "Kuvakei," obviously.

If they're still around, I have a hell of a lot of questions for them, as I'm sure a lot of the community does.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #2 on: 09 Mar 2011, 22:59 »

There's been speculation that Kuvakei is actually a fairly common Caldari surname.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #3 on: 09 Mar 2011, 23:19 »

Ah. Well, that was one explanation I considered... I suppose it's a reaction of association like celebrity names.

Still, I wish there was more specific information on RISE itself.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 10 Mar 2011, 00:47 »

For example, http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=466528 - he's an actor character.

I do believe that actors are not allowed to mingle with players. Specially because players kind of earn their equipment, and actors get their equipment by GM fiat.

Many actors were player volunteers, so they may play. Some were CCP, they may play, too, but they're not allowed to tell you they're CCP employees.

Bruno might know the best, I didn't take part in the Gallente RP. I also think that Placid Reborn is still in existance, not sure how active they are or if they have old members still active.

5) Aborted arcs and forgotten ends, in my EVE?
At least the arc hasn't been wrapped up by the author-who-shall-not-be-named.

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #5 on: 10 Mar 2011, 03:33 »

There's been speculation that Kuvakei is actually a fairly common Caldari surname.
Yeah that RISE incident EVElopedia link at the top confirmed as much with "Kuvakei is a common Caldari surname: Vorada has no relation to the infamous Sansha Kuvakei." in the Involved Parties section.

It's a shame I came to EVE after characters like Vorada and Vremaja Idama were around  :(
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 10 Mar 2011, 09:05 »

Vorada Kuvakei was a half-intaki half-civire Aurora Actor.

At the time, i often exchanged informative mails with CCP Galen, just relaying thanks, or simply informing what the people were up to.

My post on Chatsubo has links to the related news items that explain what was RISE and its pyschothropic effects.

AFAIR, there were 3 Illoren pilots, all portrayed as intaki ingame, all former Mordu's mercenaries.

They helped bring down Serpentis and their RISE smuggling business by sending messages to players, coordinating fleets and all that. The other side of the coin was Inspector Xavier and the Federation customs officers.

Sadly the Illoren were regarded as a revolutionary cell by the Federations Customs and had previous charges for crimes against the Federation. Of course only revealed at a much later stage of the story arc.

When finally Inspector Xavier met face to face with the Illoren, they were arrested and taken into interrogation. The main charge was related to how the Illoren were so well informed about Serpentis convoy movement and drops of their drug shipments, and where did the illoren "confiscated" drugs where held. The Capsuleer outcry demanded a just trial, and instead of that, they were just exiled from the Federation (Aurora was shutting down operations at the time so they needed to haste things).

The involved parties received the Federal Star of Justice, Pytria Le'dannes, Yarod Cool and me....funny thing is, i left the medal with someone after i deleted Bruno, but that person no longer plays, and i havent been able to reach her.......would have been fun creating a player-centric storyline where the medal was returned to the Federation.

I wasn't able to attend to all the events related to RISE; but the few i did, were interesting.

Saxon Hawke

• Omelette
    • Free Intaki
« Reply #7 on: 10 Mar 2011, 12:56 »

I didn't get to attend any of the Rise events as they happened, but I did interact with Vorada during that time.

Although I didn't get any prize or cool equipment, it was really a great experience and I wish CCP would focus a bit more effort on those kinds of things rather than flashy new ships and equipment.

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
« Reply #8 on: 10 Mar 2011, 13:41 »

I dunno, shineys are quite important to keep most of the current playerbase interested.
I didn't go to this, nor have I been to any live events because they're always on when I can't afford to reactivate my account. I'll try and make the next CCP-sponsored live event.
do { aLittleDance(); make(aLittleLove&); cin.get(down); } while(tonight);
Quote from: Raynman37
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 14 Mar 2011, 05:17 »

I attended, in one form or another, almost every Illoren/Cats Whiskers/RISE event that happened. IMHO it was a rocking good time but the death of AURORA nipped it in the bud.

The Illoren basically were ex-Mordus, as mentioned above. There were 5 total Illoren actors, I can't remember all of their names to save my life.

They were SUPER DUPER Placid Patriots, that essentially said "Fuck the Fed, and Fuck the Serps, this is PLACID! THIS IS INTAKI!" and were all about cleaning it up and making it a safe and respectable place.

Imagine an Intaki Punisher, an Intaki Batman, etc etc, all in a small squad willing to organize deputized posse's to take out the trash.

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #10 on: 14 Mar 2011, 05:20 »

To be more poignant:

Actor.

Actors. Though the fleets were generally composed of APEX and other really fluid Caldari loyalist players.

If I knew that I would have already won eve already.

I am sure Vendrin and pretty much anyone he knows still has extensive chatlogs and backstory.