Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki Liberation Front's "rampant griffin" corp logo was adopted after the pro-Federation corp The Durandal Organization created a logo using motifs similar to the ILF's original logo?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Would Like to Hire Someone to Collect World News  (Read 4375 times)

Jace

• Veteran

If this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it. Since it is about World News I figured this is the place.

I still would like to make a Caldari PF compendium but at the moment I do not have the time to collect all of the Caldari related World News articles. So I would like to pay someone ISK to go through the World News and compile a list of all the direct URL's to any World News article that mentions anything Caldari so I can create an archive of them. A Caldari planet, a Caldari person, a Caldari corporation or ship - anything that directly references something Caldari.

I realize most people on this site are probably sufficiently supplied with ISK, but if anyone wants to make an extra billion this is a nice way to do it.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
Re: Would Like to Hire Someone to Collect World News
« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2014, 08:49 »

So, you're are asking someone to read all the articles and make a list?
I'm not sure if anyone has time for that.
-OOChé

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #2 on: 15 Sep 2014, 08:56 »

Or Ctrl + For "Caldari" on the main World News page or failing  that on each article quickly.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 15 Sep 2014, 09:01 »

Or Ctrl + For "Caldari" on the main World News page or failing  that on each article quickly.

There are many that would reference something related to Caldari without using the word 'Caldari.' Someone would have to be more thorough.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 15 Sep 2014, 09:02 »

So, you're are asking someone to read all the articles and make a list?
I'm not sure if anyone has time for that.

Yes, I am aware it would be time-consuming. Hence payment. I realize it is a longshot, but if there is any poor person out there I can utilize I am going to take it. Otherwise I will not be able to get the compendium finished until late next year, most likely.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #5 on: 15 Sep 2014, 12:15 »

Even if you did it, it wouldn't include everything, as the old race-specific articles are no longer available on the website.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 15 Sep 2014, 12:27 »

Even if you did it, it wouldn't include everything, as the old race-specific articles are no longer available on the website.

Yes, that is true. There are enough veterans still able to be contacted that I am hoping I can get a copy of most material.

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #7 on: 15 Sep 2014, 12:43 »

From what I understand (I may very well be wrong here thought.)The new core Literature on Eve's websites use Tags. Race specific ones included. So while it may not catch everything. I think it would definitely catch a solid proportion.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 15 Sep 2014, 12:45 »

From what I understand (I may very well be wrong here thought.)The new core Literature on Eve's websites use Tags. Race specific ones included. So while it may not catch everything. I think it would definitely catch a solid proportion.

Indeed, the new format is by and large more helpful. I have plenty of material for the compendium, I am just trying to be thorough.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #9 on: 15 Sep 2014, 12:53 »

I guess i am confused.

This is what I found:
http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/

the archives have a lot of articles.  Some do seem to be race specific.
for example in http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/archive/2003/
it lists 62 articles including:
http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/emperor-doriam-plans-to-visit-every-amarr-planet/

is there additional stuff that is missing?
Just trying to figure out the issue as I like ferreting things out  :)
it is clear there's no decent way to search it :(

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 15 Sep 2014, 12:58 »

What I was referring to was not categories of news articles but any article that even mentioned something Caldari. So for example, if there is an article that is about a Gallente figure meeting with a Minnie figure and there is a sentence in there that says "After his recent trip to meet with the CEO of Ishukone, so and so has embarked on a trip to . . ." that would qualify as mentioning something Caldari and I would want it in my collection. That is the level of detail I am aiming for.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #11 on: 15 Sep 2014, 13:14 »

You also had the summary of events by year based on YC. They were quite handy, even if not the whole pieces of news themselves. They give a good and solid timeframe and can certainly help find news by just reading what happens at any time period.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #12 on: 15 Sep 2014, 15:03 »

I would ask Diana Kim.  :D

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #13 on: 15 Sep 2014, 16:32 »

What kind of deadline are you looking at Jace?

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: 15 Sep 2014, 16:38 »

What kind of deadline are you looking at Jace?

I am thinking by Christmas. I am hoping to get the actual assembly of the compendium well underway by then.
Pages: [1] 2