Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That greasy, deep-fried Caldari takeout food is eaten with tongs and remains popular in the Federation?  (The Burning Life pp 40,41)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Worst news of today.  (Read 6181 times)

Aidan Brooder

• Clonejack
Re: Worst news of today.
« Reply #30 on: 30 Mar 2012, 09:36 »

Hey Dropbear,
Thanks for what you did for A'J... and us there.
I had to take some distance from EVE myself shortly before Site One was built, but was very moved to see it in place, when I returned.
I wish you all the best for the future, it was really one of the projects in EVE I enjoyed and I hope it will be continued. Or something similar will pop up.
Thanks again!
Aidan aka Chris

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #31 on: 30 Mar 2012, 10:15 »

...huh. Was not expecting that, but as has been said the effort to get in contact is greatly appreciated.

Anyhow, hope things go well with you now. I certainly understant the burnout thing, especially in such a high-profile, high-pressure position as the Live Events put you in.

But - be well, and enjoy yourself!  :cube:
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Publius Valerius

« Reply #32 on: 30 Mar 2012, 12:21 »

First of all: Thx for all the work Dropbear and all other CCP guys on the project.

Im happy to hear that the project is going on, even If I havent any work in it. It is nice to see and read the work/stuff from the project.
And like I already said, the real work will come later, when we have to interpret all the content.  :P

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #33 on: 30 Mar 2012, 12:36 »

Just putting in my well wishes to Dropbear, hope you land on your feet.

Though I now have a weird mental image of a bear in paratrooper kit. 

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #34 on: 30 Mar 2012, 13:35 »

Just putting in my well wishes to Dropbear, hope you land on your feet.

Though I now have a weird mental image of a bear in paratrooper kit.

Well duuh, he's the DropBear (TM) after all ;)

Good luck with what comes next DB, and thanks for all your effort! If your prediction comes true and EVE keeps developing as it seems to do maybe it will be time for me and some others to scale down the bitter-vet and convert to active-vet again 8)

Thanks for getting in touch, too.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #35 on: 30 Mar 2012, 15:31 »

The realist in me thinks that the A'J stuff will be 'addressed' in the usual CCP Lore way: Never being mentioned again by anyone ever.

However, I sincerely hope your optimism is correct, and I hope that the old team (and the new D-Zero) understand that everyone here is rooting for their success and will do anything we can to ensure that they achieve it.

You were the keeper of the hidden flame in what has been The Great Dark Age of lore in EVE. I hope wherever you go, you find happiness.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #36 on: 31 Mar 2012, 00:36 »

Godspeed, heroic cryptid! Though I never got to play in your corner of the box, I did enjoy watching it.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #37 on: 31 Mar 2012, 00:45 »

Sorry to see you go Dropbear. I hope you come back round again, even if only as a player, because I think you truly add something to the game and the community.

Kenpachi

• Clonejack
« Reply #38 on: 31 Mar 2012, 08:40 »

Sorry to see you go Dropbear. I hope you come back round again, even if only as a player, because I think you truly add something to the game and the community.

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #39 on: 31 Mar 2012, 11:57 »

This. There is loads of room to do things as a player, both returning to old characters, or something new. Heck, you can be sneaky and just tell nobody and enjoy being 'normal'.

As for going full retard, I don't see it. Unless you mean letting it slide, but honestly, such things happen and there's no need to feel bad about it. Would I have loved to see things carry on? Well sure. But sometimes, life doesn't allow for that. Don't feel to bad about it. I do hope the rest of the team will carry on your work, but if not, I totally get that. It can be pretty intimidating. However, if this does not get carried on, then I hope we'll see other live events of this, or smaller, scale.

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

Lyn Farel

« Reply #40 on: 31 Mar 2012, 18:33 »

Thank you a lot for all. It is hard to express how meaningful it can be to see that one's own little corner in eve is not forgotten and more, under good care.

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
« Reply #41 on: 02 Apr 2012, 14:58 »

You were the keeper of the hidden flame in what has been The Great Dark Age of lore in EVE. I hope wherever you go, you find happiness.

Out of touch and all, but this has been my impression too over the last few years. Hope you find something decent to get your teeth into in the future.

Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #42 on: 04 Apr 2012, 14:56 »

Hi Dropbear.

Just got back from Iceland* and saw that you had made a small post here. I really appreciate what you were trying to do with A'J and can for certain say it has been my major interest point in EVE for the last year or so. While you probably put a few more hours into it than me I can for certain say that I spend A LOT of time collecting data and writing my various articles but it was worth it. The construction of Site One spiked a new interest and a multitude of new contributions was made after by me as well as others.

I fully understand the hurdles of the people taking over the project and I do not hold my expectations high. It is, after all, much easier to start your own thing and feel passionate about it than taking it over from somebody else. Especially something like A'J that is rather resource demanding and do not easily draw in the activity of many players. I already wrote a longer piece on that issue here.

I actually ended getting burned out from all the fictional science writing and the release of Templar One and the Fiction Portal did not encourage more writing either (the former by explaining tonnes of the stuff we had been theorizing about while making certain there is no way to know in-character and the latter by taking the in-character evelopedia sources I had used for my articles and either remove the content or mix it with out-of-character information and not enable a separation of those).

But I have now had a break doing other stuff and might be tempted to get back on the ride. Still, I have to see some interest from CCP before bothering with *effort* from my part again.

*: Yes, I went to Iceland one week after Fanfest. I wanted to see the country, not because of EVE.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]