Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Vherokior tribe is a splinter tribe from the Starkmanir tribe? For more, read here.

Author Topic: Dust E3 2012 gameplay vid  (Read 2895 times)

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
Re: Dust E3 2012 gameplay vid
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jun 2012, 15:39 »

I really liked the zoom out to the solar system map.

It's been said a zillion times before but on the PS3 exclusivity: what a shame. This really could have been something. :(
Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #2 on: 04 Jun 2012, 19:01 »

It's been said a zillion times before but on the PS3 exclusivity: what a shame. This really could have been something. :(

If it went PC it would have to contend with Planetside 2, which honestly I think will out pace DUST by miles.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Chell Charon

• Egger
  • IC: Main> Lord Crow Alts> Too many
« Reply #3 on: 04 Jun 2012, 19:23 »

If it went PC it would have to contend with Planetside 2, which honestly I think will out pace DUST by miles.

Were it in for XBOX It wouldn't have to cross a hurdle: "a new machine to play a game!?!" Ain't no game worth that.
1. Think what you are about to say.
2. Know why you are about to speak up.
-This is here for me, I need the reminder.

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 04 Jun 2012, 21:38 »

Were it in for XBOX It wouldn't have to cross a hurdle: "a new machine to play a game!?!" Ain't no game worth that.

Yeah, it would, for those of us who don't own an XBox or a PS3 (I'm borrowing one for the beta, but if it turns into a game I'll continue with, I'll need to buy one of my own)
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Ghost Hunter

• The Mods
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 04 Jun 2012, 22:37 »

It's a bit interesting that the two biggest names in MMOFPS are both influenced by Sony in some way; Planetside 2 is directly owned by them, and DUST is on the PS3.

360 would have definitely injected it into a larger market, but because of how tyrannical Microsoft is supposedly about DLC/Patches/New content, overall extremely prohibitive for CCP. PS3 was probably the less evil of all their choices.
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 05 Jun 2012, 02:29 »

All tech looks extremely unorganic, impractical, over stylized and clunky.

Nothing there made me want to play the game.

Using space C-4 to blow up space tanks, using space air-strikes to clean up areas of enemies, using space vulcan MGs to shoot shit from the space helicopter.

I don't think that just because the word 'space' (or EVE) is added to every action that has been done in just about every FPS since the early 90s is enough.

Add on top of that the fact that all the action looks very crowded, which would suggest claustrophobia inducing map design, and getting a space (or EVE) Modern Warfare 3 is really not worth the hassle.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #7 on: 05 Jun 2012, 04:10 »

No PS3 here... so Planetside 2 for me all the way(still waiting for beta from some time).

Lyn Farel

« Reply #8 on: 05 Jun 2012, 04:37 »

All tech looks extremely unorganic, impractical, over stylized and clunky.

Nothing there made me want to play the game.

Using space C-4 to blow up space tanks, using space air-strikes to clean up areas of enemies, using space vulcan MGs to shoot shit from the space helicopter.

I don't think that just because the word 'space' (or EVE) is added to every action that has been done in just about every FPS since the early 90s is enough.

Add on top of that the fact that all the action looks very crowded, which would suggest claustrophobia inducing map design, and getting a space (or EVE) Modern Warfare 3 is really not worth the hassle.

Yeah. I would have expected something whole new too.

That sounds like to me that they wanted their eve related MMOFPS but they perfectly knew that they had to remain mainstream enough to attract the average FPS player. Too bad somehow, because I recall a MMO that tried something totally new and innovative and had some success over the years.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 05 Jun 2012, 11:39 »

Tethering a console game, which all have extremely limited shelf-lives, to a PC game that is ongoing, was always a terrible idea.

Console gamers will be on to the next thing after about two months, so the 'connection' between the two will be underpopulated and most likely pretty useless.

Ghost Hunter

• The Mods
  • Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 05 Jun 2012, 14:23 »

No PS3 here... so Planetside 2 for me all the way(still waiting for beta from some time).

It just went / has been in early Alpha testing, so beta is probably next year.
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo
« Reply #11 on: 10 Jun 2012, 19:25 »

Anarchy online called and asked who stole their graphics.

It's 2012 and it simply looks bad. On top of this the gameplay immediately invokes feelings of dread in me. From the way people ran around it showed me why consoles are not for me.

Got a Beta invite and was planning on borrowing a PS3 in order to at least give it a spin. After seeing how it looks and that it's genereic console shooter 3461346 with a few "Eveesque" things tacked on and then sent to marketing I'll just let that invite rot.
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 10 Jun 2012, 20:19 »

I've been using my Dust beta invite, and due to the NDA, there's not much I can say about it.

Except that I'm playing a lot of "Red Orchestra 2" and "Day Z", which I like for their one-shot kills and emphasis on not running-and-gunning. (Although the recent RO2 change has seen Machinegunners leading the assaults on buildings, which bothers me a bit.)

I've today looked at a you-tube video presentation for Planetside 2, and the lines of people standing in the open trading fire just strikes me as very wrong.

Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Ghost Hunter

• The Mods
  • Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 10 Jun 2012, 22:12 »

Disregard me closed beta is in the next few months apparently.
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 11 Jun 2012, 03:20 »

Disregard me closed beta is in the next few months apparently.
From an interview i heard that in "few weeks".