Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Quafe is so popular it once prevented a war? Read more in the Chron

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: IC sections  (Read 46630 times)

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Re: IC sections
« Reply #120 on: 21 Sep 2014, 11:13 »

Sam: I had the opposite experience when looking at Defias Brotherhood and Argent Dawn. The reason I got interested (but never got around to migrating to) in AD was their private forums. I actually can't recall what server I stayed on though, but I stayed because it was the only decent PvP RPserver out there.

As Defias Brotherhood was the only RP-PvP server that really stayed active for a long stretch, being the second most active RP server as a whole for EU side, I'd imagine you were there? Do you remember who your character was? I was Drustai on DB.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #121 on: 21 Sep 2014, 11:21 »

Naw, I wasn't on Defias. Pretty sure of that. Damnit now I need to look it up.

Fake edit: The Venture Co. It was fairly active. This was way back in the day though. I started out on Burning Blade, a PvP server before they made RP-PvP servers, then migrated to TVC, then at some point quit playing.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #122 on: 21 Sep 2014, 11:52 »

Ah. Yeah, sadly Venture Co got pretty quiet in the last few years. I think they were the only other RP-PvP server that had RP still going though. Nowadays all the RP-PvP servers are merged with DB though (or "connected" rather, though that's just merging without making it look like it's a merge).

Anyway, sorry for brief off-topicing. Back to EVE.

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #123 on: 21 Sep 2014, 12:03 »

1. I actually was just pointing out an awesome new word.

2. You know I have literally never seen that flag before lol. Good to know. While I'm sure there is sime :CCP: going on there its certainly possible they have just never recieved enough complaints to act on certain kinds of posts. You of all people Morwen should be aware of the concept of people complaining but not actually flagging things for moderator attention.
Sometimes one wants to get caught...

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #124 on: 21 Sep 2014, 12:23 »

I am fully aware of it. But I've also almost never seen them moderate anything for the stuff from the list I made, which made me a little skeptical that any reports would actually do anything. (Not to mention, it is pretty fucking self-evident there is a common theme in the problems with that forum to anyone who bothers reading it.) Which, yeah, I guess, is a bit :psyccp: of me. However, I did have another concern that was the real reason behind me not reporting posts left and right: the number of posts that would be reported might get me in trouble.

IN ANY CASE. I did send in a petition complaining about/highlighting the issue earlier today, explaining that the sheer volume of posts that break the rules is so large that I was concerned that people reporting them would lose the ability to use the reporting tool out of some sort of "omg they're abusing the system" reaction. So we'll see where that goes.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #125 on: 21 Sep 2014, 13:22 »

Might get you ?

dat euphemism.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #126 on: 21 Sep 2014, 13:41 »

ikr.

Hence the petition going "hey, you guys aren't moderating your shit according to your own rules. If I point this shit out for you with the tools you've made available to me, I'm expecting to get in trouble for it so can you like, do your fucking job or at least give me immunity for the massive amount of work you're going to have piled on when you accept that you're not doing your job?" :bash:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #127 on: 22 Sep 2014, 18:00 »

Well, in my experience, getting post modded on the IGS for off-topic works most of the time, if I reported them. I did this mostly in my own threads, however, so it may help if the OP reports them.
« Last Edit: 22 Sep 2014, 18:03 by Ché Biko »
-OOChé

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #128 on: 25 Oct 2014, 05:10 »

Welp, DK's hiatus was short, but damn if the IGS didn't improve a bit for it. Those all too short days were pretty much a proof of concept as far as I'm concerned, showing what an IC forum with a bit of quality control could be. So, I'm basically asking Silver, Morwen, Havohej, Misan etc a quite simple question I'd love to hear the answer to from each of them:

What would you need to take on a project like adding an IC forum to the inspiracy domain? More mod/admin help? Hosting moneyz? ISK? Set your terms, please.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #129 on: 26 Oct 2014, 04:16 »

I too, want an IGS, without Diana Kim, Nauplius, noobs, or people who I don't like, and without the possibility of randoms interfering in my exquisitely crafted pre-planned RP. Those sorts of things are just too common on CCP's forums, and offend the sensibilities of any normal person.

Excellent idea. +1.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #130 on: 26 Oct 2014, 04:56 »

I too like to put words and motivations into other people's posts, that are neither accurate nor even hinted at.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #131 on: 26 Oct 2014, 05:12 »

I too like to put words and motivations into other people's posts, that are neither accurate nor even hinted at.

Well, it kind of looks from these posts:

this would mean any And This Is Why The Federation Must Be Destroyed posts are nuked from orbit.

We'll never get CCP to unfuck the IGS and I suspect we'll never set up an alternative either, mostly because :effort:, which basically means the Diana Kim Show gets to be the only channel on the airwaves. Hrr.

I'm still hoping she takes another break. The IGS was useable when she went on her haitus/altus.

The Diana Kim Show and some faction rambling?

Welp, DK's hiatus was short, but damn if the IGS didn't improve a bit for it. Those all too short days were pretty much a proof of concept as far as I'm concerned, showing what an IC forum with a bit of quality control could be.

That an IGS without Diana Kim is what some people want.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #132 on: 26 Oct 2014, 06:17 »

the possibility of randoms interfering in my exquisitely crafted pre-planned RP.

This and the noobs bit is what I take issue with. I honestly don't know of anyone among the RPers that has this mindset.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #133 on: 26 Oct 2014, 06:25 »

I too would like an IC sector here on backstage since I have been permabanned from and revoked petitions to ever use eve forums for illegitimate reports against Anyanka for so called "harassment". In which case Anyanka will still remain a mute and/or inevitably be given the same treatment as Diana.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #134 on: 26 Oct 2014, 08:08 »

the possibility of randoms interfering in my exquisitely crafted pre-planned RP.

This and the noobs bit is what I take issue with. I honestly don't know of anyone among the RPers that has this mindset.

Phrases such as "Quality Control" are inherently anti-new players. New players don't know all the back story, don't know that some things in say the Eve novels are generally disregarded, and so on.

the "randoms interfering", refers to this post:
Secondly, different rulesets can be a fine thing to curb disruption, especially with active moderation. Say a Gallente entity makes a thread about some Federation thingy and tags it [Friendlies] (or whatever else that fits), and this would mean any And This Is Why The Federation Must Be Destroyed posts are nuked from orbit. If it's tagged [Open] anything goes within the usual standards of good behaviour. Hell, you could tag it with faction names, inviting [Republic] and [State] participation but no [Empire] tag means the discussion is meant to be between Republic and State loyalists.

Tag a thread with whatever, to prevent interference from people you don't want commenting, with the ultimate sanction then available - moderator action to ban that person from the whole forum. Think about what that means. Think about what pressure that places the forum moderators under. To ban someone from the forum, means to excommunicate them from RP interaction. It means there'd be a hesitation to use a permaban. People would get warnings again and again, but no permanent action. This only fuels accusations of cliquery, because people would see some get warned time and time again, with no change in behaviour, while others get permabanned on a first offence. Drama everywhere.

And an off-eve-online RP forum, says that the RP community is too fragile to cope with the prospect of any form of intrusion by say, goonswarm, brave newbies, or whatever. That RP cannot survive in "the wild" of the eve-online forum, and needs to be put in zoos, confined to reservations, away from the general population.

It says to CCP that they don't need to maintain the IGS, it can be interpreted that CCP doesn't need to provide any world news at all. Why should they ? people aren't rping on the eve-online forums. Why does any of the storyline need to make sense ? when AWESOME can be used to sell the latest feature ?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16