Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The original starship classes in EVE were frigates, cruisers, industrials and the elusive Battleships?

Author Topic: How to Keep an Idea Alive  (Read 1110 times)

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
How to Keep an Idea Alive
« on: 30 Sep 2013, 10:14 »

Have a couple of questions...guess mostly I'm kind of looking for a way to transition things with Steff and make it all make sense.

Without going into too much detail, Steff is going to be moving to a new corp in the next week or so...this has been a thing that has been in the works now for about a month to a month and a half so it isn't a sudden thing. I had hoped that it could be done as an alliance, but the start up for an alliance is quite hefty and as a corp of really one player, trying to maintain the money to pay the alliance fees and maintain a small number of ships and their replacements is not really feasible at this time.  That said, I don't want to just close the doors on the Ebon Rose for various reasons.

Right now, the plan is, in order to keep the corp 'alive', I'm going to transfer it to an alt, but this is where things start to get disconnected from my perspective.  For example, the alt is not going to have much 'screen-time' as it were in the actual game so would it make sense to state that Steff could still be the primary contact point for the Order?  Also, I'm trying to determine how best to handle the transition from Steff stepping out of the Order and the alt taking over...personally, the whole Silas event seems to have been perfectly timed from my perspective: Steff needs to pursue a path that might not be in the best interest of the Order and therefore takes a leave of absence, etc.

From a simple gameplay perspective, there is really no issue, but from a RP/world-building POV, I want to have it make sense.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: How to Keep an Idea Alive
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2013, 10:39 »

IMO, It's entirely possible that Steff could still be the front-end contact for the corp even while it is listed with another as CEO. CONCORD regulated corp registries (i.e., ingame corp membership) does not preclude a position of leadership in another organization, much less a predominantly noncapsuleer one.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2013, 10:57 »

That seems to be the thing to do, yep. Steff simply hires one of the many less-ambitious capsuleers that are supposedly around to fill an administrative position required by CONCORD regulations, purely for bookkeeping purposes. She herself remains the nominal and practical head of the Order, which, as it were, transcends CONCORD-acknowledged membership of a corporation.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2013, 11:55 »

Exactly.

I keep a corp around (Kabuki TransSolar) as a combination holding corp for a bunch of Shin's money and a one-person corp for those times that Shin's not in a regular corp. It really exists just to satisfy some game mechanics things for me, with a fairly thin RP presence painted on top of that. I manage it by having an alt of mine as CEO. From an in-game point of view, he is the CEO of the corporation, which does some handwavy biotech research (courtesy of the pile of scientists I keep in a hangar), with Shin as the majority investor.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 30 Sep 2013, 12:25 »

I'd not worry too much about it.

People have interacted "IC" with my booster alt - she has 0 background that didn't occur during the course of gameplay, only a nebulous personality idea, etc.  A caricature as opposed to a character.  Having one of these handle CONOCRD's paperwork issues for the Official face of the order in the sense of taxes and the like is fine by me.

Kohiko Sun

• Duckling
  • Egger
« Reply #5 on: 03 Oct 2013, 00:01 »

If you're worried about some type of in-game proof, Steff could keep at least 51% of the shares.
Will work for pretty sig.