Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your clones have your DNA, but not until you've been in them a while? For more information see the Cloning Scientific Article

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: How to Look Like A... Badass  (Read 4046 times)

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
Re: How to Look Like A... Badass
« Reply #30 on: 18 Jun 2013, 15:03 »

Learn logic, be a bad-ass nerd.  :lol:

Lucius_Vindictus

• Clonejack
« Reply #31 on: 19 Jun 2013, 10:27 »

In my experience the moment a character tries to look like a badass is the moment they fail at it. And the harder they try, the more spectacularly they fail. I always appreciate the effort, but that effort is lost when I see a great gap between what characters try to look like and what they are capable of achieving in the game. To me the best RP comes from players who reach a healthy balance between what what they can do in the game and what they like to portray.

When I look at a character, how much I respect/fear them is not so different in IC as it would be OOC. It is going to depend almost entirely on my personal experience with them, their reputation, how long the character has been flying, etc.

For example, a threat from a character like Istvaan Shogaatsu would alarm me a lot more than the "badass" bounty hunter fresh out of the academy with a overstated character portrait, but who is afraid to leave highsec and only targets NPC's.
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2013, 14:48 by Lucius_Vindictus »

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #32 on: 20 Jun 2013, 08:36 »

It should be less about looking like a bad ass, and more about creating a solid & respectable reputation. Keeping true to a personal goal ICly is probably the single most important thing anyone can do. People like Verone, Silas etc are respected for their IC actions, how they present themselves in a coherent manner at all times never budging from their loyalties not flip flopping around because "things got boring".

So keeping a consistent track record, facing your mistakes head on instead of whining about things not going the way you planned (Eating your mistakes face first builds character and is never a bad thing.), and embrace your enemies. Having a good kill record, or a ton of isk is great and all but not really necessary.
Pages: 1 2 [3]