Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that ectoplasm (pod goo) is illegal in all empire space except the Minmatar Republic?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Halete - 2drone, LOL 2DRONE [Rogue Drone RP Help Requested]  (Read 3630 times)

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...

So, Halete has been quite sheltered for a few months now I guess. If you're asking 'Who the fuck are you?' or wondering what's up, you may have noticed either in conversation or on the IGS Halete profess some sentiments that could rather be construed as Rogue Drone Sympathy. Indeed, her interest in the Rogue Drones bleeds nicely into her own somewhat eccentric sense of spirituality.

It's no secret  that I'm interested in moving my RP in that direction (Rogue Drone stuff) and I have a few ground-level ideas that I can easily apply to my game-play within a few months of training, namely;

-visiting drone regions,
-harassing ratters in the area,
-flying cloakies and being menacing/cryptic IC in Local whilst dropping hints as to Halete's interest in the drone cultures in that space,
-training Industry (for Drone production) and
-carrying salvage drones in bay, as well as keeping hivemind materials and alloys in cargo

So overall I'm not fishing for ideas about what I can do on a 'micro' level to wet my feet in this area of RP, moreover I'm interested in the big picture.

Namely;

What avenues exist in terms of initiatives, player run story arcs, organizations etc. for an RPer interested in this area to explore?

Is the Rogue Drone scene dead? Certainly except for UNIT the majority of the "Rogue Drone RP" I've seen in the last two years has been 'non-RPers' RPing (oxymoron right? not my words) 'Rogue Drones' themselves complete with generous amounts of binary spam in channels.

Any pointers on lore scraps? A lot of this crap (namely anything that isn't to do with the Big Four, and sometimes even then) isn't very well archived especially since a lot of 'RP Canon' seems to come from literature written by established RPers that is considered canon even without the mighty  :psyccp: seal of approval.

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...

So whilst I was writing this, UNIT reposted their thread! ... I'll be reading that of course.

(Help I am not good at computer how did this double post get here?)
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2013, 06:58 by Hatele »

Rok-Yuni

• Egger

first thing i would suggest is checking out the now defunct Arek'Jaalan Rogue Drone division.

it has a lot of information collected in an IC manner, so it's viable Halete would know of it.

Apparently the Unit-named 'officer' drones in the Drone Regions are sentient. though it may be somewhat dangerous attempting to communicate with them, especially if CCP spot you doing so :P

Anslol

Just don't stick an AI in your head and you're fine. Or capture a rogue drone. That leads to madness.

Vincent Pryce

-visiting drone regions,
-harassing ratters in the area,
-flying cloakies and being menacing/cryptic IC in Local whilst dropping hints as to Halete's interest in the drone cultures in that space,

I hope you speak Russian, or it'll be you who's getting cryptic messages dropped at  :lol:

More seriously on the topic. There was a brief rogue drone RP effort year or two back, most of them got laughed and hazed out of the scene after a few months. Few remain I guess, I'm not really in the loop what's going on in the deepest depths of the Wizard Hatting community these days.

I'm not saying don't do it, I'm saying be prepared have shit poured on you.

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...

Indeed, the Arek'Jaalan project is what came to mind I asked if Rogue Drone RP was 'dead' - I know that in times of olde there were quite a few of these little things going on. I will definitely peruse the old data though.

I read through your thread and saw at the end how Unit believes that humans are the key to the advancement of dronekind; interestingly, conversely, Halete believes that dronekind is the key to the evolution of man.  :P

Anslol

There was a brief rogue drone RP effort year or two back, most of them got laughed and hazed out of the scene after a few months. Few remain I guess, I'm not really in the loop what's going on in the deepest depths of the Wizard Hatting community these days. I'm not saying don't do it, I'm saying be prepared have shit poured on you.

Shit like this pisses me off. It prevents interesting RP from evolving because of fear of retribution and general exclusion from everything. But luckily, Yuni's been doing an amazing job so far. Aside from AJ, I strongly suggest you talk to Yuni and get something going on there. Some friendly Rogue's might make it easier for Halete to go and understand/study Rogue Drone kind.

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...

I hope you speak Russian, or it'll be you who's getting cryptic messages dropped at  :lol:

I've fucked about in Ruskie space a fair bit and understand that 'mad' sounds the same in all languages.

Some of the shit that gets spammed in cyrillic just because you wanted to look at the pretty nebulae. :(

But I've also run into plenty english or broken english speakers - I know that it's going to be hit/miss, especially since I know that some of the people I run into who do understand me are going to disregard me as being a complete fucking moron, but that's okay. If I didn't have a hard skin I wouldn't be playing EVE.  :)

Rok-Yuni

• Egger

While i understand that it's a totally valid avenue to take when dealing with Rogue Drone RP, the major issue i've had with most of the drone RP i have seen since making Yuni, is that it generally ends up being along the lines of :

HerpDerp Drone-eat-human-face-now.

I suppose it's just not my style. Capsuleers are destructive enough. I find it more amusing to make a Drone that on the surface seems to have more humanity than most capsuleers.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

I'm not saying don't do it, I'm saying be prepared have shit poured on you.

I think Hatele is used to having shit poured on him, but this is the advice I would give.

Rogue drones lie within the boundaries of the "gets a skeptical look from most people" zone. It can be done well, or it can be done poorly.

Personally I would go for a more subtle approach to it - don't ever explicitly state it, just drop vague hints through actions and words that aren't obvious on their own, but can over time can paint enough of a picture for people to figure out.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...

... What makes you say that you think I'm used to it?!

Also that sounds like good advice, to be honest.

I'll probably avoid posting my 10 page itinerary on the IGS about how Rogue Drones are awesome followed by a brief but destructive parade of shit-posting preceding an eventual disappearance from the RP community.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

... What makes you say that you think I'm used to it?!

You're kinky like that. :cube:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...

... Touche.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer

AFAIK the biggest chunk of foundational rogue drone PF is still that CONCORD report PDF that came out way back when. A couple quick searches didn't pull it up, but it should be around somewhere. It gives a bit of info on some of the early Rogue Drone stuff. There were also a couple of good EON (so, sort of semi-PF?) chrons on rogue drones. I think Istvaan wrote at least one of them, so you could poke him about it.

Anslol

Pages: [1] 2 3