Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The number of young, idealistic scientists found in Verge Vendor is disproportionately high? (Region Description)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Character]Veikitamo Gesakaarin  (Read 2455 times)

Gesakaarin

[Character]Veikitamo Gesakaarin
« on: 25 Sep 2012, 07:37 »

--Begin File--
Last Name: Gesakaarin-Koraima
First Name: Veikitamo
Corporate Citizenship: Sukuuvestaa Corporation
Ethnicity: Caldari: 63% Deteis; 21% Civire; 16% Achur
DOB: 26 September YC 74
POB: Saisio VIII - Moon 20 - Sukuuvestaa Corporation Orbital
Paternal Gene Donor: Davikiya Gesakaarin
Maternal Gene Donor: Keimiko Gesakaarin
Sibkin: Hevaima Gesakaarin
Marital Status: Married
Spouse: Jalsikka Koraima
Dependents and Wards:
Gesakaarin-Koraima, Maikito
Gesakaarin-Koraima, Hendrik

Education and Training:

Sukuuvestaa Corporation Military Institute (Saisio):

Graduate, YC 91
-Pacification and Security Operations (Diploma)
-Military & Corporate Law (Diploma)
-Media and Public Relations (Diploma)

Peace and Order Unit Academy:
Graduate, YC 94
-Military & Corporate Law (Degree Class II)
-Information Warfare (Degree Class I)

Initial Employment Training, YC 94
-Commissioned Ensign (Fleet)

Peace and Order Unit Youth:
Comrade:
26 September YC 79 - 12 July YC 80

Comrade Section Leader:
12 July YC 80 - January 21 YC 81

Senior Comrade Section Leader:
January 21 YC 81 - October 17 YC 82

Comrade Squad Leader:
October 17 YC 82 - January 2 YC 84

Senior Comrade Squad Leader:
January 2 YC 84 - November 5 YC 85

Comrade Lance Unit Leader:
November 5 YC 85 - December 10 YC 86

Comrade Lance Unit Commander:
December 10 YC 86 - May 3 YC 87

Comrade Chief Lance Unit Commander:
May 3 YC 87 - July 12 YC 88

Comrade Echelon Unit Leader:
July 12 YC 88 - June 15 YC 89

Comrade Echelon Unit Commander:
June 15 YC 89 - February 12 YC 91

Employment and Service History:

Peace and Order Unit (Sukuuvestaa Corporation):
Fleet Ensign: 23 May YC 94 - 9 June YC 95
Fleet Lieutenant: 10 June YC 95 - 16 July YC 99
Fleet Captain: 17 July YC 99 - 26 August YC 104

Kuriala Venture Capital (Sukuvestaa Corporation):
Manager, Mergers & Acquisitions: 24 January YC 105 - 14 August YC 106
Senior Manager, Mergers & Acquisitions: 15 August YC 106 - 17 October YC 107
Division Manager, Mergers & Acquisitions: 18 October YC 107 - 21 December YC 112

Strix Defence and Intelligence (SCC, Caldari State Registered):
Chairwoman and Chief Executive Officer: 11 August YC 114 -

Clubs and Associations:

Peace and Order Unit Veterans Organization: Member
Peace and Order Unit Youth: Liason Instructor; Comrade Echelon Unit Commander (Ret.)
Sukuuvestaa Achuran Co-Prosperity Initiative (SACPI): Member
Sukuuvestaa Foreign Outreach Initiative (SFOI): Member
Sukuuvestaa Naval Support Cadre (SNSC): Member
Sukuuvestaa Caldari Literature Organization (SCLO): Member
Three Pillars Society: Member
Black Crane Corps: Member

Awards and Commendations

Medal for Distinction in Preserving Public Order, 3rd Class.
Medal for Impeccable Armed Service to Sukuuvestaa (10 Years).
Medal for Strengthening Armed Co-Operation, 3rd Class.
Medal of Peace and Order Merit.
Order for Service to the Homeland in the Armed Forces of Sukuuvestaa, 3rd Class.
Medal for Impeccable Service to Sukuuvestaa (10 Years).
Medal for Impeccable Service to Sukuuvestaa (20 Years).
Order of Labour Valor, 1st Class.
Order of Labour Valor, 2nd Class.
Order of Labour Valor, 3rd Class.
Order of Maternal Glory, 3rd Class.
Commendation for Outstanding Service to Sukuuvestaa (x3).
Commendation for Service to Sukuuvestaa (x5)
--End File--

Public Notes:

"Whilst the loss in civilian life in this instance was regrettable, the responsibility lies not with Sukuuvestaa but with those armed extremists and insurgents that seek to hide their activities behind innocent citizens. They do not seek any higher cause than bloodshed and chaos and it is the responsibility of the Peace and Order Unit to safeguard us all against such threats. These are not noble freedom fighters fighting for Achuran Independence, far from it, they are traitors and collaborators with the Federation and will be treated as such. Without mercy or compassion."
--Fleet Captain Veikitamo Gesakaarin, The Saisio Report, re: Autaris Incident. YC 103

"Because the very notion that a majority of Achurans find the relationship with Sukuuvestaa as, 'oppressive', is absurd in and of itself."
--Fleet Captain Veikitamo Gesakaarin, The Saisio Report, re: Autaris Incident. YC 103

"[1031:34]Overwatch, Valk-24. Grid co-ordinates confirmed. Rounds away.
 [1035:43]Valk-24, Overwatch. Good hits. Targets destroyed. Beginning sweep."

--Transcript from declassified Peace and Order Unit communications, re: Autaris Incident. YC 103

"...Fleet Captain Veikitamo Gesakaarin is hereby awarded the Medal for Distinction in Preserving Public Order, 3rd Class, for her outstanding committment to the safety and prosperity of her fellow Sukuuvestaa citizens in undertaking actions against armed terrorist and insurgent cells in the Autaris System."
--Excerpt from public notice of citation, YC 103

"Kuriala Venture Capital mourns the tragic loss of Senior Manager Sakkila Uomensi, our condolences go to her family for a life that was cut far too short ... Comrade Uomensi is replaced in her position by Comrade Veikitamo Gesakaarin ..."
--Excerpt from public obituary notice, YC 106

"Comrade Taisonen served Sukuuvestaa and Kuriala Venture Capital for over three decades and his abrupt absence from his family at the company will be one that will be sorely felt. We may never know the reasons why he chose to end his life, but we should instead choose to remember his service and the joy he brought to all when he was still with us. Comrade Taisonen is replaced in his position by Comrade Veikitamo Gesakaarin who will also execute his former position as a Director of the Board."
--Excerpt from public obituary notice, YC 107

"No comment at this time. A public disclosure statement will be made in due course."
--Division Manager Veikitamo Gesakaarin, The Saisio Report, re: CBT Audit of Kuriala Venture Capital, YC 111.

"I will re-assert for the record that the Division I lead was not involved in any unlawful activities against Lai Dai Corporation. Any allegations of stock manipulation are unfounded in the extreme. I am certain the CBT will agree on that point."
--Division Manager Veikitamo Gesakaarin, The Saisio Report, re: CBT Investigation of Kuriala Venture Capital, YC 111.

"Anti-Competitive Measures were found against both Sukuuvestaa and Lai Dai, but never against Kuriala Venture Capital by the CBT. At no point was I ever dishonest or unlawful in my dealings as Director of the Company in dealings with Lai Dai."
--Division Manager Veikitamo Gesakaarin, The Saisio Report, re: Anti-Competitive Measures and Sukuuvestaa, YC 112.

"There was never a revolution. The CPD simply reflects a new direction, a new meritocracy for the State and Sukuuvestaa. It should be welcomed, not hindered, not only for the opportunities it may bring but for its re-affirmation of what it means to be Caldari and a citizen."
--Division Manager Veikitamo Gesakaarin, The Saisio Report, re: The direction of the CPD and Sukuuvestaa, YC 112.

OOC Notes:

-Veikitamo is a Female Deteis Executive. There are many like her, but this one is mine.

-In creating her background I really wasn't going for anything particularly exceptional. Above average perhaps, but she's more an experiment in trying to be a typical Caldari corporate citizen well indoctrinated in the values of duty, service and obedience since the days of her youth. She does not question the established order because she's a part of it and supports it fully without doubt or hesitation. It's also fun having a somewhat, 'normal', character for once.

-I do sometimes worry Veik may seem dreadfully boring at times because she does in fact wear the masks and faces required depending on the social situation at hand and doesn't exactly wear her heart on her sleeve so to speak. She's Caldari, I can't help that.

-Just because she's SuVee doesn't mean she's always a ruthless, cold, serious and manipulative woman. That's just ignorance and propaganda. She's actually very open, honest and trustworthy. Promise.

-Except when she may or may not have to stab people in the kidneys, roll them in a heavy rug and throw their body over a bridge for SuVee. That's just business though, it's nothing personal and shouldn't get in the way of making new friends. Sometimes accidents just happen.

-Hopefully I'll be able to pull off this whole Practical Sukuuvestaa Executive thing with Veik.
« Last Edit: 25 Sep 2012, 07:39 by Gesakaarin »

Gesakaarin

Re: [Character]Veikitamo Gesakaarin
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2012, 19:03 »

Recently, Gesakaarin-haani has transferred her employment to Kaalakiota and become a member of the Caldari Providence Directorate. The change really comes from the fact that the more I explored the character the more I realized that at heart given her upbringing and training she was a staunch militarist, a Caldari nationalist and fully inculcated with the concepts of duty and service to the State and Corporation.

These aspects were often hidden behind the requirements of maintaining her professional facade and loyalty to Sukuuvestaa, often to the point it felt awkward times playing a Practical who was a Patriot in the closet in addition to feeling she often seemed to come off very cold and distant with others.

In a sense the change was made to allow greater scope to explore her natural patriotism and nationalist sentiment and permit her to be more frank and honest in her opinions and relations with others.

Even it does lead into certain questions about loyalty and movement between Megas especially given the relationship between KK and SuVee in addition the hope that Veikitamo walking down the path of the CPD is due to her own sentiments and desires and not perceived as an attempt to reflect poorly on the State (Due to past affiliations).

Honestly, I think I'm enjoying the challenge of trying to play a Provist that doesn't come off as the stereotypical rabid jingoist or "Space Nazi."

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 01 Nov 2012, 19:33 »

as the stereotypical rabid jingoist or "Space Nazi."

you were always a space nazi  :twisted:

Gesakaarin

« Reply #3 on: 01 Nov 2012, 21:02 »

you were always a space nazi  :twisted:

Nah, it's more a change from being a Gallentean Junker to Caldari corporate Hessian.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #4 on: 09 Jun 2013, 09:11 »

I thought I'd drop in and express appreciation for your character.

Makkal has managed only a handful of conversations with her but I always enjoy reading her interactions with others.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Gesakaarin

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jul 2013, 23:07 »

In playing Veik more, I think what I'm having difficulty encountering is that she is very much a woman who does not wear her heart on her sleeve. In part, a lot of what she is comes from my envisioning of what being a Caldari Executive is like, and part of that is seeking to engender a degree of uncertainty, doubt and anxiety in subordinates that is well controlled. However, it seems she does it so well that her mere presence seems to foster wariness in others that can make it hard to engage with her and which I cannot change. What I do have to ask though is if what comes through beyond that is a sense that Veikitamo is a woman who has that peculiar charisma of someone used to power, authority and control. A pragmatic player of Caldari corporate realpolitik?

Because in my mind what Veikitamo is at core is a bit like a Caldari facsimile of a Victorian-era British Imperialist. She's inculcated with a sense of purpose that stems not only from the fact that she comes from what might be deemed an middle-upper-class Kaalakiota family but also that she was raised to be a, "Fine public school fellow" in that her education and upbringing inside corporate military schools inculcated in her a willingness to continue promoting a set of values  of service to the State -- even if that might mean that she'll engage in the gentlemanly speculation of Indian Opiates to the sale of the Chinese on the London Exchanges.

Do those elements seem to come through for others? Does Veikitamo strike others as someone who will gladly stand upon the walls of Khartoum and martyr herself for the Caldari State if that means the Army will be sent to take over the Sudan due to public demands for vengeance?

Yes, this might sound strange but I've been drinking.

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jul 2013, 08:43 »

I do find Veik to be intriguing as a player.  As Steff, not really sure what to make of Veik; there is the aura of someone who is cold and effecient, but at the same time there seems to be more going on, but there is something going on behind that though Steff isn't sure what that might mean.

At the end of the day, Steff would be cautious and somewhat intimidated by Veik; cautious because to date Steff has seen two types of Caldari: those who rabidly cry out for the death of all Gallente and those who are tolerant of Gallente...Veik doesn't seem to fit either type and from statements made IC, she's not sure if Veik would just as soon shoot her (Steff) as talk to her.

Still, a very interesting character.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jul 2013, 17:10 »

In playing Veik more, I think what I'm having difficulty encountering is that she is very much a woman who does not wear her heart on her sleeve.

Interesting. In some ways, I think Makkal has the opposite problem.

In part, a lot of what she is comes from my envisioning of what being a Caldari Executive is like, and part of that is seeking to engender a degree of uncertainty, doubt and anxiety in subordinates that is well controlled. However, it seems she does it so well that her mere presence seems to foster wariness in others that can make it hard to engage with her and which I cannot change.

I agree with you on this. I’ve watched a number of characters become wary or uncertain while interacting with Veik though in private some of them express much stronger, more defined opinions.

What I do have to ask though is if what comes through beyond that is a sense that Veikitamo is a woman who has that peculiar charisma of someone used to power, authority and control. A pragmatic player of Caldari corporate realpolitik?

Pragmatic realpolitik, check. As for charisma, I’d say that other characters seem to greatly like her or dislike her. Engendering those types of reactions suggests a certain force of personality, but isn’t charisma in the ‘everyone wants to be your buddy’ type of way.

Do those elements seem to come through for others? Does Veikitamo strike others as someone who will gladly stand upon the walls of Khartoum and martyr herself for the Caldari State if that means the Army will be sent to take over the Sudan due to public demands for vengeance?

I can see her sacrificing a beloved underling and making a martyr of them, but she doesn’t come off as possessing the idealism or fanaticism I equate with willing martyrdom.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 12 Jul 2013, 11:19 »

In playing Veik more, I think what I'm having difficulty encountering is that she is very much a woman who does not wear her heart on her sleeve. In part, a lot of what she is comes from my envisioning of what being a Caldari Executive is like, and part of that is seeking to engender a degree of uncertainty, doubt and anxiety in subordinates that is well controlled. However, it seems she does it so well that her mere presence seems to foster wariness in others that can make it hard to engage with her and which I cannot change. What I do have to ask though is if what comes through beyond that is a sense that Veikitamo is a woman who has that peculiar charisma of someone used to power, authority and control. A pragmatic player of Caldari corporate realpolitik?

Because in my mind what Veikitamo is at core is a bit like a Caldari facsimile of a Victorian-era British Imperialist. She's inculcated with a sense of purpose that stems not only from the fact that she comes from what might be deemed an middle-upper-class Kaalakiota family but also that she was raised to be a, "Fine public school fellow" in that her education and upbringing inside corporate military schools inculcated in her a willingness to continue promoting a set of values  of service to the State -- even if that might mean that she'll engage in the gentlemanly speculation of Indian Opiates to the sale of the Chinese on the London Exchanges.

She strikes me as a woman that despite the support she gets from within her framework, will make statements to see if it exists outside if it as well.  Whether it does or not is irrelevant, it is just useful data.  What she does with it once she recieves it I don't know. 

It is not a matter of her saying things for 'shock value' (though they may come as a shock), nor is she naieve enough to think that certain behaviors "exist everywhere".  She simply uses the reactions of those around her to weigh their worth as people within her paradigm.

And could she step out of that?  Very likely.  However, she is comfortable enough where she is with whatever 'support network' she is currently using, and would likely detest being caught floundering and doing something 'inefficiently', even if what she was trying to do was 'be inefficient'.  I could imagine her making a mess, in the most organzed way possible.  Not to thepoint of obsessiveness, simply it being part of her nature.

But then again, I haven't slept.

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #9 on: 26 Jul 2013, 05:00 »

Interestingly, this isn't Reppy's take at all - but then, Reppy has a habit of dealing with people through her own take on the universe, doubly so if she senses some kind of kinship.  She sees a total ruthlessness in Veiki and sympathises, but partially due to her own deeply questionable loyalties and cynicism, she considers Veiki to likewise be a mercenary, cynical bitch, essentially loyal to the paycheck and the people providing it.  Sure there's contracts and honour at stake, so she doesn't expect Veiki to suddenly go renegade or do something totally unexpected, but... still.

Of course, she also has her 'the strong feed on the weak' attitude (because of Reasons) - which she assumes Veiki shares.  Self-sacrifice doesn't really come into that.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #10 on: 26 Jul 2013, 11:00 »

Veikitamo has a certain charisma to her and, at the same time, there is certainly a thread of logic that justifies the conceit that everything she's done or will do is for the State and her Kirjuun.

People often ask Pieter why he follows Veikitamo so loyally. That, right there, is the reason.

Is it real? Well, it might be. Pieter certainly thinks so, but then he was conditioned from before birth to imprint onto authority figures like a duckling, so...

Gesakaarin

« Reply #11 on: 26 Jul 2013, 20:06 »

Reading through some of these responses it seems I've succeeded in creating a complex enough character that others seem to see different facets of Veikitamo Gesakaarin. I then wonder if that's a good thing. While it's true as someone once told me, that what might make Veikitamo so frightening is that she both believes in her own ideals and loyalty to the State but at the same time she's cold and ruthless enough to do whatever is necessary to advance the agendas she has.

However what seems to be picked up is that what Veikitamo does in life is solely for her own gain when in fact she considers the procurement of wealth, power, fame, and reputation not as ends in and of themselves but simply as the means to realize her ambitions of strengthening her Family, Kaalakiota and the State.

That to me is what makes Veikitamo so fun to play because she is wholly and totally incapable of actually doing anything for herself because she's deeply indoctrinated into the State system. Just because her militarism and nationalism manifests doesn't itself as people might expect with the waving of flags, jingoism and demagoguery it doesn't mean they don't exist at the core of her personality.

In my mind I try to base Veik's behaviour on particular aspects of the British Empire or Prussian Junkers in that she's an educated, intelligent, loyal, cultured and refined woman who forms part of a "Military Societal Elite" with certain demands and expectations placed on them combined with a certain ruthless sociopathy.

However, these aspects might become clearer once Veik slips out of the mask she had to wear during the Heth years into one more comfortable and closer to home for her.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #12 on: 27 Jul 2013, 06:31 »

Nice character. One of the best business oriented Caldari character I have seen. SuVee like ofc.

Weirdly enough it's probably one of the few Caldari (not Achura) character that doesn't annoy my own at all, which is rare enough to be noted.

Gesakaarin

« Reply #13 on: 10 Sep 2013, 22:58 »

Admittedly, whilst I think much of this might look like fishing for compliments or whatever, the initial intent was to gauge if people found Veik either difficult or unsatisfying to engage with. I won't lie, she's probably a deeply loathed and despised individual outside her clique, and my worry was to try and determine ways I might try to tone her down so as not to grate too greatly on others since I'm nice like that or something.

However, it's become a bit of a moot point since I've decided to greatly limit the degree of interaction with the character outside of her current corporation/alliance. It's just so much simpler to assume hostility or antagonism with anyone else that is not on what she believes to be her side of the line. Thus I can begin lifting a lot of the artificial restrictions and impositions I placed on the character to try and pursue, "Being likeable," and instead enjoy myself by walking down the darker paths I want to explore with Veik, which feel more natural, since her being likeable is no longer a concern for me at present.

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #14 on: 11 Sep 2013, 02:26 »

I look forward to seeing how things progress between our two.
Pages: [1] 2