Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The original starship classes in EVE were frigates, cruisers, industrials and the elusive Battleships?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Moment of Truth  (Read 2933 times)

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
Moment of Truth
« on: 16 Aug 2012, 11:30 »

So, I currently have two accounts: One with Malcolm Khross on it and one with Azdan Amith on it.

Both are nearing their subscription expiry dates and I am only able to afford to keep one going. I refuse to do a character transfer because it costs $20 and is therefore $20 more expensive than simply paying for one subscription to continue while the other dies.

I've been focusing on Azdan a lot lately but I being to wonder if that's the prudent thing for me to do. I do have fun with him, but I wonder what others think of him. Is he fun to interact with? Does he bastardize the Amarr viewpoint? Is he insufferable?  :roll:

I ask only because I am the type of person that wants others to enjoy interacting with (or against) my characters and I know that I can accomplish that with Malcolm, but I wonder if I am accomplishing that with Azdan.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
Re: Moment of Truth
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2012, 11:34 »

I like Azdan, but I'm biased.  :)

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2012, 11:37 »

I've made some rather lengthy posts (read: Great Wall of China Text) on IGS mostly today and yesterday that contain a lot of how Azdan thinks and the angle I'm taking with him regarding the Amarr faith and the Empire. I suspect a good number of PIE will find a few things they disagree with and despise therein.

"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Jev North

« Reply #3 on: 16 Aug 2012, 11:43 »

I'm biased towards Malcolm, obviously 'cause I got to shoot at him once and have an urge to do it again.

Though I want you to disregard that completely, and just make an honest assessment about which one you think will be the most fun to play in the long run.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #4 on: 16 Aug 2012, 11:43 »

Which one makes you enjoy logging in?

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #5 on: 16 Aug 2012, 11:48 »

Pretty much the same advice everyone is giving you here, dude.  I want you to enjoy playing the game and pick which ever one allows you to do that better.  This is one of those situations where you should absolutely not take in anyone elses opinion or wants before making your decision.  ;)
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
« Reply #6 on: 16 Aug 2012, 11:48 »

I enjoy them both but for entirely different reasons. I enjoy Malcolm because he's really, really direct with people and people have already gotten accustomed to him just telling other people to piss off.

I enjoy Azdan because he seems like a diamond in the rough, really. He's an Amarr who actually tries to explain the religion and Imperial politics to people and is patient enough to deal with the crap that comes as a result from it. Though the direction he's moving will become more confrontational as things play out (lasers are good for something, after all).

Theoretically, I could play either one long term - though I think I might lean more toward Azdan simply because I like the Amarr as a faction more than the Caldari. Or rather, I like my perception of the Amarr more than my perception of the Caldari.

I suppose, at the core, what I'm looking for is validation (I know, it's terrible) on Azdan. Ever since things went south with Raze, I've been a bit uneasy about RPing an Amarr again because I'd really rather not piss off everyone I'm trying to play with.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #7 on: 16 Aug 2012, 11:52 »

While I see some similarities, likely because they are both from the same player. Azdan is definitely not Raze.

Jev North

« Reply #8 on: 16 Aug 2012, 11:55 »

It's not horrible, it's one of our most basic needs. >.>

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #9 on: 16 Aug 2012, 12:24 »

If you're looking for validation because you really want to play Azdan, then consider this that validation. From me, anyway. :)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #10 on: 16 Aug 2012, 12:35 »

I suspect a good number of PIE will find a few things they disagree with and despise therein.

The quoted sentence above literally screams warning signs of you falling into the same pit you did with Raze: caring way too much about what "established" groups think the party line is, and trying to avoid stepping on their toes. I love Mitara and Rodj and company (well, most of the 'company'; let's not split hares with a blunt axe), but I've given you this advice before, and feel it bears repeating despite its bluntness:

Fuck what PIE, or CVA, or the "old guard" think IC. Fuck it with a rusty railroad tie, and then deny it access to tetanus shots. Let Azdan do what suits him, and stop fussing over what a bunch of senile old bastards flapping their gums from their wheelchairs will say or think.

Will there possibly be consequences? Sure. It's EVE; there's usually some sort of consequence for our actions. But while their characters may get ruffled feathers IC, I suspect many of them are cheering as players that you're doing something to get Amarrian RP kickstarted and attractive to people again.

I've seen bits and pieces of some of the plans you've had, and I think they're great. But you shouldn't shy away from them and as a result, Azdan, just because they might cause some trouble within the faction. Amarr RP has given the (outward) impression of being on life support for a while now from what I've seen; an internal conflict that could purge undesirable elements that make the Empire look bad to everyone else would, imo, serve as a pretty big kick in the ass to get things rolling again.

As an aside: the advice above applies to pretty much any factional group out there. It might be EM/U'K if the context were Minmatar RP, or 4TH/I-RED/etc. for Caldari, so on and so forth.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 16 Aug 2012, 12:45 »

Heh, this is why I put stuff here. I can always count on my friends and associates to give me a solid kick in the teeth when I need one.

Thanks for the input guys. :)

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #12 on: 16 Aug 2012, 13:09 »

We luff you. <3
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #13 on: 16 Aug 2012, 13:38 »

If, say, someone were to help you out by providing a PLEX, would you then spend your money on a character transfer and solve the problem?

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #14 on: 16 Aug 2012, 13:50 »

If, say, someone were to help you out by providing a PLEX, would you then spend your money on a character transfer and solve the problem?

10 points for House Caldari.

If you don't like the concept of taking other people's PLEX, and seriously can't decide, flip a coin. It's not like you can't re-activate the other one if you get bored with the first.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.
Pages: [1] 2