Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the corp with the most holders of the Kourmonen Campaign medal, handed out by Yonis Ardishapur himself, today reside in PIE?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Character] Ryven Krennel  (Read 2234 times)

Ryven Krennel

• Wetgraver
[Character] Ryven Krennel
« on: 21 Aug 2011, 18:29 »

Name: Ryven Krennel
Race: Caldari
Ethnicity: Civire
Birthplace: Unknown (Most likely some backwater station or pirate dive)
Height: 6'
Weight: 220 lbs
Hair: Shaved bald (Dark brown)
Eyes: Blue/Gray
Build: Toned, above average muscle mass
Complexion: lightly tanned
Title: Captain, Knight, Brother, Mister
Political Views: Pragmatist

He is often found in Mercy's Keep

His usual outfit is a pair of cargo-style pants, boots, a dark sleeveless undershirt, and a ankle-length black jacket.

He wears his shades pretty commonly and is a chain smoker, though not much of a drinker.  He smokes a pipe when he is deep in thought, and a cigar when in company of other cigar smokers.  He smokes cigarettes when neither of the previous conditions exist.

He despises people with weak character.  He is quite fond of children and pets (innocence).
Things that would be immediately apparent upon meeting him:  Ryven has an very un-Caldari surname, so, it would be pretty obvious that there is some sort of history there.  He is in excellent shape, albeit his clones are designed to be younger than his actual age, but nonetheless maintains peak physical condition, so, it can be assumed he is adept physically.  He is sometimes grumpy or grouchy, but has an ascerbic wit and enjoys telling funny stories and jokes.

Things likely to be found with a quick search of public databases (i.e. stuff you could learn quickly IC if you were to check your neocom or something):  Ryven was born in YC73.  He grew up in an orphanage, and was sponsored by a Gallente man, whose surname Ryven took as his own.  Ryven ended up in the employ of one Titus Haijikioten, owner and operative of a small mercenary group.  Titus willed his entire portfolio to Ryven, and upon his death, Ryven liquidated these properties in a bid to become a capsuleer, which he did successfully.  He graduated from the State War Academy in YC 110.  He engaged in numerous ventures in null-sec before returning to high-sec/low-sec space to engage in a stream of piracy.  He made one last go at null-sec life as a member of Tactical Narcotics Team in Deklein where some unknown event led to his joining the Amarrian 24th Crusade as a member of the Knighthood of the Merciful Crown.

I realize there are a lot of gaps in this story, and that's how I want it.  Those that have had discussions with Ryven IC know a little bit more.  For a more indepth look at the backstory (which is actually not bad, I would say), you can check my character blog: http://ryvenkrennel.blogspot.com

Ryven Krennel

• Wetgraver
Re: [Character] Ryven Krennel
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2011, 07:58 »

TL;DR of his backstory blog:

His parents died during commission of a war crime and Ryven Haijikioten grew up unaware of his heritage, a ward of the SOE.  They were about to kick him to the curb for his violent tendencies when a visiting Gallente named Baillieu Crenelle sponsored him and began training him in martial arts to temper his wild nature.  Ryven went on to compete rather successfully in tournaments. 

Baillieu died from an aneurysm, and Ryven was left rudderless.  He took the surname, Krennel as an homage. 

His uncle, Titus, arrived and told him his origins and offered him a job in his mercenary company, Haijikioten Security Group.  Ryven rose to become second in command over a long career.  Titus died during a fight to avenge pirates for the death of his longlost daughter, which was actually Ryven's doing.  Titus had willed his entire wealth, a substantial sum, to Ryven.  Ryven liquidated the assets and became a capsuleer. 
He engaged in a good deal of piracy and hegemony, always trying to be in combat.  Something happened in YC113, still unknown, to send him to the Knighthood, seeking absolution through faith, and battle for a cause beyond his own bloodlust.

Ryven used to be an unkind man who did very unkind things.  Now he's a nice man who does unkind things.

Ilsenae Alexandros

• Adjutant of the Wiyrkomi Honor Guard
  • Clonejack
  • Tea Maker
    • Eskeitanen Wiyrkomi Kaashivon
« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2011, 08:24 »

Ryven used to be an unkind man who did very unkind things.  Now he's a nice man who does unkind things.

Great TL;DR  :lol:

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2011, 16:17 »

Yay! Ryven!

Awesome bio, by the way!

Ryven Krennel

• Wetgraver
« Reply #4 on: 25 Aug 2011, 16:32 »

Glad you like it.  However, if anyone  knows, what caldari BS were around in say YC 86?

And as always, feel free to check the blog, which goes much more in-depth.  I also have a pretty solid personal arc coming up for Ryven that will be difficult for him, but worthwhile.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #5 on: 25 Aug 2011, 20:24 »

The Raven can be considered the oldest of the battleships. The Scorpion is fairly recent and new as an experimental test bed, and the Rokh came out somewhere in the last few years.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #6 on: 25 Aug 2011, 20:43 »

Extra <3 to Ghost for ignoring theodicity like is proper.   It almost makes up for your frequent use of 'Caldarian.'
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2011, 20:44 by Hamish Grayson »

Ryven Krennel

• Wetgraver
« Reply #7 on: 25 Aug 2011, 20:45 »

Okay, i'll have to retcon some of my blog then.  i have Rokh in there when it shouldn't be.  I'll replace it with raven.

Ryven Krennel

• Wetgraver
« Reply #8 on: 26 Aug 2011, 09:38 »

Okay, blog has been edited for anachronisms.    Should be a better fit.  I am new to RP, so I may have made some newb mistakes.

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #9 on: 26 Aug 2011, 12:20 »

Okay, blog has been edited for anachronisms.    Should be a better fit.  I am new to RP, so I may have made some newb mistakes.

Welcome to the RP world, Ryven! :D

Also, "newb" mistakes are easily worked around in RP, it's how we learn and develop! Looking forward to seeing you around IC!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #10 on: 27 Aug 2011, 00:12 »

It's a Pyrven~~~
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ryven Krennel

• Wetgraver
« Reply #11 on: 29 Aug 2011, 09:56 »

Attitude toward slavery:  Ryven has no moral objection to the practice as an educational and spiritual tool, but believes the system in its current state is abused and more of an economic tool.  He also questions whether it's cost in terms of international relations is worth it, and believes research into other means of production and reducing slavery into an entirely spiritual practice would be a good idea. 

He figures that conquering the universe would also work, but is not as quickly or easily attainable, but might be more fun.

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #12 on: 29 Aug 2011, 09:58 »

Attitude toward slavery:  Ryven has no moral objection to the practice as an educational and spiritual tool, but believes the system in its current state is abused and more of an economic tool.  He also questions whether it's cost in terms of international relations is worth it, and believes research into other means of production and reducing slavery into an entirely spiritual practice would be a good idea. 

He figures that conquering the universe would also work, but is not as quickly or easily attainable, but might be more fun.

Haha, how very Caldari of him.  ;)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #13 on: 29 Aug 2011, 11:35 »

*clicks the "Like" button*

Ryven Krennel

• Wetgraver
« Reply #14 on: 31 Aug 2011, 07:55 »

Been updating the blog a lot.  The majority of the non-capsuleer period has been written, and aside from academy, null-sec, jdgi, and tnt sections, I am catching up to the present.  After that, I am going to be posting a lot of third party stuff to flesh out some things Ryven is not aware of yet, but may become aware of, and also some tales of Kalus, Titus, and Seelah, mostly as a fun story to explain that, as Ryven has suspected lately, Titus may have actually been his real father.  So, I have a lot in the works, plus the possibility that external parties were involved in his abrupt decision to join amarr militia and join the faith.  Keep checking in and I will try not to dissappoint.
Pages: [1] 2