EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > Player Driven Content

[Interest Check] Running Event for Explorers & Couriers

<< < (3/5) > >>

Ché Biko:
I think it would be better for participation if you could submit more granular pieces of data (systems instead of constellations). I understand this could increase YOUR workload quite a lot, but maybe you could structure the rewards so that it is more profitable to submit larger sets of data.
I think surveying an entire constellation can be a bit hard to find time for. At least, speaking personally, I would find it hard to fit into my EVE activities.
Anyway, it is fine to start with either approach, and then adjust to the participation: allow smaller data sets if there is little participation, or restrict to bigger data sets if there is lots of participation.

Nissui:
This is good feedback, thanks Che.

In test, a constellation took about 6-8 minutes to image capture in an Interceptor, about 3 minutes more in a CovOps, each having their own advantages in avoiding obstacles. When providing observations, about 30 seconds per star was sufficient. So the reasoning was that, ideally, 15 minutes work could yield about 30M ISK, which is not too shabby for pilots who like to poke around. They might make more in an anomaly, sure. They could also get carbon. They could also do both anoms and observations in tandem.

Individual stars would have to be somewhat low payout, like 1M, to incentivize 'complete' reports for 5-7 stars. However, there is also no rush to fully flesh out the dataset. Pilots could piece together submissions over time.

I suppose I will sit on this a while longer. Back to work.

Ché Biko:
Yes, well, you have to get to the constellation first, though, which is likely the biggest time sink.

Julianni Avala:
Really like this idea. A great world builder, and one I'm definitely hoping to get my alt, Emiri, involved in. Great job putting it together!

Mizhir:
Sounds fun. I am not sure if I completely understands it, but still fun.

I can also put some isk into the prize pool if needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version