Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Lai Dai megacorporation has far ranging interests, is one of the foremost research companies in the cluster, and has strong links to the Khanid Kingdom?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: what's everyone's thoughts on these "burner" missions ?  (Read 14371 times)

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Re: what's everyone's thoughts on these "burner" missions ?
« Reply #45 on: 28 Aug 2014, 14:12 »

Burners care not for your demigod ways.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #46 on: 28 Aug 2014, 16:06 »

It rather does seem like CCP wants you to do them in groups, as otherwise some of them (particularly the blood one, as mentioned) require some gimped processes to get down.

Unfortunately, convincing players to give up the old "missions should be soloable, grindable content" mentality is exceedingly difficult; we've already seen people trending towards thinking up elaborate refitting schemes and processes to handle them rather than just dragging along buddies. Some of this might be a test-server-vs-live-server thing, but it's not reassuring.

just to mention, most FW missions were done with 3 guys, 1 inty + 2 bombers.....that meant you could pick up like 6-8 missions (each pilot choosing 2) and then do a quick run across the entire region finishing each mission in 5-6 mins tops....

Albeit FW were a rare mixture of "group oriented" stuff mixed with clasicall "NPC horde" mentality ....it actually worked pretty well to force people to play the odds differently.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #47 on: 29 Aug 2014, 03:04 »

So, if I understand correctly, in terms of lore, Burners are actually better than capsuleers ? We are outdated !

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #48 on: 29 Aug 2014, 03:59 »

So, if I understand correctly, in terms of lore, Burners are actually better than capsuleers ? We are outdated !

Or they seriously cheese it out and all have HG implants and Loki links.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #49 on: 29 Aug 2014, 04:47 »

I believe the burner NPC could be made better if they also spoke in local. Such as:

Bring two or more people to fight it: "lol noob blobbers"

When it or you die: "GF"

If it loses to you: "Lame lost due to lag" and/or "Fuck OGB"

Also for the ones done in lowsec there needs to be a random chance the Burner frig lights a cyno and hotdrops you with NPC Supercaps.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #50 on: 29 Aug 2014, 04:59 »

As for personal thoughts: "Ava Starfire Mission Generator" about sums it up.

QFT

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #51 on: 29 Aug 2014, 05:02 »

On second thought, "Ava Starfire Simulator" seems even more accurate. >_>

It would be most accurate if the complex only allows Wolves in.

I love you guys!

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #52 on: 29 Aug 2014, 05:04 »

Serious Reply Time:

I'm going to work on doing these missions today. I think I can do some of them in my Jag, and the others in the Wolf. I'll talk about what I do and how I do it when I get those things figured out! It feels wrong to fit hardeners to my frigates, but... any port in a storm. If i can manage in bone-stock pvp fits (from what I'm hearing, I likely cannot) I will say so. Otherwise... lemme lose some AFs and see what I can learn!

Ava

PracticalTechnicality

« Reply #53 on: 29 Aug 2014, 10:28 »

Best of luck, I look forwards to hearing how you and others are doing.  These missions have me kind of interested, but the fact they are merged with level 4's is annoying.  Not really got the patience to grind 4's till I get a burner. 

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #54 on: 29 Aug 2014, 13:54 »

I lways did L4's with a partner or a small fleet. at that point casual enough to RP the mission.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #55 on: 29 Aug 2014, 14:11 »

I lways did L4's with a partner or a small fleet. at that point casual enough to RP the mission.

IC fleet chat best fleet chat.

Yes, Inara, I'm even including fleet chat with you and Chaos participating in that statement.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #56 on: 11 Sep 2014, 04:20 »

I tried the Angel burner mission not too long ago with the help of Marcus.  I lost two Jaguars and he ended up losing a Hawk and a Griffon.  On one hand I found the concept of working to win a fight a nice change in a pve mission; on the other hand I am going to be passing on these missions for the time being: I do not have pockets to toss out t2 frigates with some bling modules for a chance at getting a shiny module.  I could try grouping, but my flying ground seems to be nowhere near where others fly (and by that I mean people I know and trust).

Ironic...in WoW, I would have no problem joining a random group for running instances, yet unless I know the person in EVE, I won't fleet with random people.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #57 on: 11 Sep 2014, 05:17 »

Ironic...in WoW, I would have no problem joining a random group for running instances, yet unless I know the person in EVE, I won't fleet with random people.

Because this game's taglines and dominant player attitude discourages concepts such as trust and cooperation with strangers.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #58 on: 11 Sep 2014, 06:05 »

There is exactly zero consequence to failure in WoW. In Eve, the consequences for failure can be disastrous.

Trust in strangers is not a good thing here.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #59 on: 11 Sep 2014, 07:09 »

Throw me in with the group that is kind of 'meh' about them being mixed in with other L4's.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5