Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Minmatar military specifically recruits hardened criminals for service in its elite Valklear units, and that many of the Republic's most senior officers were originally recruited in this way?

Author Topic: Titans  (Read 1616 times)

Lyn Farel

Titans
« on: 01 Feb 2014, 18:42 »

So, I came across that thread on the IGS about titans, and specifically lapetans and prometheans, and I soon found myself wandering on the wiki article to learn more about this, as I know that the old, first concepts of the titans models were different than their released version into the game. I find it nice that they made the distinction between both, as it gives an incredible edge to the Empire - which is rather needed these times...

However I noticed that the contributors to that (locked) page are mostly random people, and just an ISD guy. Not even a CCP official... What does that mean ? Is that just player driven content ? Or just something known by players that created a page about it when CCP didnt deem do something about it themselves ? Genuinely asking, it made me rather curious...

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
Re: Titans
« Reply #1 on: 01 Feb 2014, 19:40 »

It is likely that  the page was originally setup by the random contributors.  The player contributors consolidated information from various sources to build the article (see references at bottom of the page).  When EVElopedia was originally setup, almost all pages were open to player editing/contributions.  However, after about a year of that, CCP reigned in articles and setup competing entries in some cases, which fail to give credit to the player contributors who collected the information and consolidated it.  (Example: Lai Dai Corporation and Lai Dai Corporation (NPC Corp v2 Test) pages)

In the case of the Titans article, given it has multiple references including (a now broken link to) the Chronicle: Titans, means it is all genuine content, consolidated by players before CCP in its infinite wisdom decided that the community should not be allowed to improve upon pages directly related to CCP intellectual property.

:psyccp:

Does that answer the question?  Also, I am a little bitter about the topic.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #2 on: 01 Feb 2014, 21:50 »

Is this a topic about Titans or Wikis?

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 02 Feb 2014, 03:59 »

It is likely that  the page was originally setup by the random contributors.  The player contributors consolidated information from various sources to build the article (see references at bottom of the page).  When EVElopedia was originally setup, almost all pages were open to player editing/contributions.  However, after about a year of that, CCP reigned in articles and setup competing entries in some cases, which fail to give credit to the player contributors who collected the information and consolidated it.  (Example: Lai Dai Corporation and Lai Dai Corporation (NPC Corp v2 Test) pages)

In the case of the Titans article, given it has multiple references including (a now broken link to) the Chronicle: Titans, means it is all genuine content, consolidated by players before CCP in its infinite wisdom decided that the community should not be allowed to improve upon pages directly related to CCP intellectual property.

:psyccp:

Does that answer the question?  Also, I am a little bitter about the topic.

Yes thanks, I was a bit curious as I usually like to have a CCP official stamp of approval on pages like these.

Is this a topic about Titans or Wikis?

The wiki page about titans.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #4 on: 03 Feb 2014, 17:57 »

So, I came across that thread on the IGS about titans starships heads of state use
FTFY.
Sorry, but that thread is already derailing, so I thought I'd prevent further harm by posting an (off-topic?) post in here. :s
-OOChé

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 03 Feb 2014, 23:53 »

If I recall the old Khanid Kingdom chronicle had one of the original non-used titans in the image.

One of the big boys.

Gives me a smile to think Khanid II has this bad boy out orbiting Khanid Prime or something as his own personal Death Star.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #6 on: 04 Feb 2014, 14:10 »

Yeah, especially considering the Kingdom is probably very far from having the means and the capacity to build such a thing. I like to see it as a big trophy.