Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Many medical services are provided by AIs rather than human doctors?  More on AIMEDs here.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Trucking Along: New Events?  (Read 10673 times)

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
Re: Trucking Along: New Events?
« Reply #30 on: 26 May 2011, 10:08 »

Confirmed so far ICly that it was two Amarr and two Angels. All of them very powerful and all VIPs.

A wormhole in the Amarr home-system? Scary indeed.

Medarr

• Clonejack
« Reply #31 on: 26 May 2011, 12:00 »

* starts pondering wich side hes gonne join this time around then flips a coin *

Evil or not to be Evil.. that is the question... oh wait.. nevermind i'm allready quite evil...
" If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst forth at once in the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One.
I am become Death, the shatterer of worlds ". -- The Bagavad Gita,

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #32 on: 26 May 2011, 20:36 »

Today's Dust514.com quote is particularly interesting when juxtaposed with these mini-events:

"I KEEP TELLING THEM! I SAW AN ENTIRE BLOODY GOLDEN FLEET HEADING FOR THAT WORMHOLE, BUT NO ONE WANTS TO LISTEN."

- JERONUS VIE, CAPSULEER

Perhaps the empires have found something worthy of such effort pre-Dust launch? Perhaps the technology that will soon™ make immortal soldiers possible?

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #33 on: 26 May 2011, 20:44 »

Today's Dust514.com quote is particularly interesting when juxtaposed with these mini-events:

"I KEEP TELLING THEM! I SAW AN ENTIRE BLOODY GOLDEN FLEET HEADING FOR THAT WORMHOLE, BUT NO ONE WANTS TO LISTEN."

- JERONUS VIE, CAPSULEER

Perhaps the empires have found something worthy of such effort pre-Dust launch? Perhaps the technology that will soon™ make immortal soldiers possible?

Well, these recent events certainly give weight to Nikiruu's theories.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Cheiftan

• Clonejack
« Reply #34 on: 26 May 2011, 20:53 »

I really doubt the angels will open wormholes and steal thousands of people, if you ask me, whatever their agenda is it will not follow the same trend as the sansha incursions.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #35 on: 26 May 2011, 21:30 »

- JERONUS VIE, CAPSULEER

Consider the novel Templar One's preview bits indicate the Amarr have played with soldier cloning technology in the past, I am speculative.

However, the nature of the wormhole itself is worth considering - No wormhole that occurs leading to W-space naturally has enough mass to hold an entire Golden Fleet. Ergo, something else made it.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Ellis Croix

« Reply #36 on: 26 May 2011, 21:42 »

However, the nature of the wormhole itself is worth considering - No wormhole that occurs leading to W-space naturally has enough mass to hold an entire Golden Fleet. Ergo, something else made it.
With a wink and a nod, I concur.

There's only two factions with the manpower and single-minded focus to develop the technology, and the reasoning to use it:  The Amarr and Sansha.  There's also one faction that could fill in any missing pieces, and they apparently have two operatives in Amarr space right now: The Cartel.  Put it all together, and you have a slowly evolving, and fully logical and well thought-out storyline.  It's finding all the relevant pieces, and building a coherent picture that's difficult.

So, we have been given the answers; the proverbial "42" in the form of chronicles, and novels.  All that's left is figuring out what the questions were, and why (most) capsuleers are oblivious to them.

For instance, how do you keep parity with demigods?  It's not by having better ground soldiers.  CONCORD has the answer, but the Empires can't influence them.  It's actually rather intriguing if you can follow the line of reasoning, and the fact that wormhole tech provides a great reasoning behind gathering Sleeper databases and AI tech.

I'm also pretty sure that those who have the mind to see the entire picture would understand the necessity of keeping up the illusion; once you see past the curtain, do you really want to ruin the surprise for the rest of Oz?

-Nikiruu was here-  :bear:

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #37 on: 26 May 2011, 22:10 »

In this context, the witness said the word "entire" as more or less a relative adjective. A wormhole leading to C6 can transport quite a lot of ships, probably thousands of subcaps, for instance.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #38 on: 26 May 2011, 22:16 »

Well the highest-mass budget wormhole is B041 with five billion kg's. That would be sufficient for about 49 or so Abaddons. . .which would be good enough for 'OMG GOLDEN FLEET' observation.

Inara Subaka

• Egger
  • Business Woman
« Reply #39 on: 27 May 2011, 09:02 »

I've been considering the potential for the various factions (empire and non-empire) having access to wormhole tech.

The group with the least combat use, but the absolute best practical use would be the Serps. Instant and relatively secure delivery of product whereever they need it, no more running customs officers.

The big four would probably all use it to help "win the war" (maybe, for the love of all things holy, progress the FW story). Guristas are likely to use it to make raiding easier/more varied, same with the Archangels. The Dominations... well, a command/intel corp with the ability to go anywhere anytime, 'nuf said. Blooders would have the ability to diversify their blood stock. Not sure what Syndicate would use it for, but they do dabble in black market trading.

I'm just thinking if they all got the w-hole generator tech, which I'm hoping doesn't happen but we'll see.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #40 on: 27 May 2011, 09:04 »

Wouldn't that really be an incremental improvement over cyno generators?

Vieve

« Reply #41 on: 27 May 2011, 09:37 »

Not sure what Syndicate would use it for, but they do dabble in black market trading.

Possibly some shifty plan with the SOE?

Inara Subaka

• Egger
  • Business Woman
« Reply #42 on: 27 May 2011, 12:32 »

In that they don't require a Cyno at destination, and system wide Cyno-Jammers don't stop them, and they allow massive fleets through rather than single ships at a time.... So basically, Jump Portal Generator on steroids; and theoretically unlimited range (based on Sansha Incursions).

* Inara Subaka should quit speculating... Or I'll sound like one of the people who spend too much time looking here.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #43 on: 27 May 2011, 12:48 »

In that they don't require a Cyno at destination, and system wide Cyno-Jammers don't stop them, and they allow massive fleets through rather than single ships at a time.... So basically, Jump Portal Generator on steroids; and theoretically unlimited range (based on Sansha Incursions).

* Inara Subaka should quit speculating... Or I'll sound like one of the people who spend too much time looking here.

* Has an epiphany, suddenly becomes more conductive to following the flow of the story rather than angsting about possibilities.

I had become the thing I hated.

[spoiler]But have I hated the thing I've become?[spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

Also, worth noting: Jump Drives in backstory can, apparently, lock onto stars and jump to them without a cynosural. Not pin point accurate, but as this is not represented through in-game mechanics, I wonder if they still retain that ability in fiction?
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #44 on: 28 May 2011, 03:06 »

The Federation seems to hold the strongest interest in wormhole tech, at the very least from the Gallente doomsday being reverse engineered Sleeper tech. FOR SCIENCE!

Though how much theyll ground it in past chronicles is anyone's guess.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7