Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You could create 5,000+ AU Deepsafe spots from the galaxy map before it was removed?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Trucking Along: New Events?  (Read 10672 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Re: Trucking Along: New Events?
« Reply #15 on: 23 May 2011, 16:54 »

Urf, can we get something more interesting than massive NPC swarm attacking with an ensemble cast of cryptic/enigmatic bullshit? And can we get something for all the factions to prevent massive bandwagoning onto one?

* Seriphyn breathes

But I expect to be proven wrong.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #16 on: 23 May 2011, 17:02 »

Urf, can we get something more interesting than massive NPC swarm attacking with an ensemble cast of cryptic/enigmatic bullshit? And can we get something for all the factions to prevent massive bandwagoning onto one?

* Seriphyn breathes

But I expect to be proven wrong.

Here's to hoping.

ALSO

Amarr NPC Actors confirmed, two of them are apparently lost in W-space.

Deten Bouras
Chana Arech
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #17 on: 23 May 2011, 17:02 »

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
SQUEEEEEE!!!!!!

* Ember Vykos takes a breath.

Interested to see where this goes. Hopefully there will be more than just one faction represented.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Ellis Croix

« Reply #18 on: 24 May 2011, 01:36 »

Oops.

:bear:

Also, Seriphyn... things haven't really been that cryptic, but there has been concerted effort from certain individuals in the RP community to make it seem like there's a lot of cryptic b.s. going on. 

Quote from: CCP Dropbear
The evil demon is a thought experiment into the idea of a grand deceiver. Some entity capable of keeping you inside a fake world, akin to the idea in the film The Matrix. Descartes used it to invoke a sense of scepticism, to make the point that disproving such an idea is no easy task, and that if it is true, then there is really very little we can be sure of. This is why he comes out with the famous "I think therefore I am" line. That's all he can be sure of if there is indeed, an evil demon deceiving him about everything else.

There's an intentional correlation with that idea and a similar one outlined by Ior Labron, but Lebron takes it a step further. He asks, what if the evil demon one day dropped the charade. Labron essentially argues that if you knew this entity had the power to reveal the truth, to liberate you from your prison, then you should surely question their intent, and be wary in considering them a liberator. The idea is a simple one, being; if they have the power to tear down the world of lies you have been living in, then surely they had a had in its creation too.

:twisted:

Sometimes, answers can be staring you in the face, and the only way to see them is to step back and look at the big picture.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #19 on: 24 May 2011, 14:16 »

It was heavily hinted at fanfest that the next Live Event arc would be much more concerning w-space. Something along the lines of one guy on the live event panel saying that the events and lore wouldn't be so open, but rather more "apocryphal" and the other guy going "I see what you did there, eh? Eh?"

Inara Subaka

• Egger
  • Business Woman
« Reply #20 on: 25 May 2011, 15:16 »

Hm, if this is going to be more magical-hax of the empires, then perhaps it'll tie into the ending of the sansha arc

They mentioned about going into the Sansha epilogue to tie up that story arc. There were also mentions of looking at changing the Incursion faction around.

If speculation is to pan out, it'll probably be the downfall of the Sansha as someone else takes up the galactic mantle of hurp durp Incursions.

I'd heard a similar rumor, however from what I've seen in mission text and the limited PF on the Cartel... Full scale invasions like the ones the Sansha are using doesn't fit their Modus Operandi, well at least on the same scale. Honestly, the Sansha are the only ones I could picture taking the invasion aspect as large as they are. Serps don't have the firepower/fleet sizes, the Gurista are too tactically minded to spread themselves that thin, the Blooders would have little to gain aside from blood/chaos, Mordus is a merc force, and the Syndicate is mostly businessmen that aren't welcomed in the Federation because they like to deal in shady things....

EoM is feasible, but I can't picture them having the resources available for the same scale of attacks.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #21 on: 25 May 2011, 15:32 »

I could see the blooders doing incursions, but yeah, Cartel incursions would make me go >_<
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #22 on: 25 May 2011, 15:36 »

If they're exactly the same as current incursions (maybe with new ships), then that would suck.

If they're doing an entirely new series of live events, complete with all the sandbox RP that went on last year, then that would rule.

Inara Subaka

• Egger
  • Business Woman
« Reply #23 on: 25 May 2011, 15:45 »

If they had the Blooders attacking The Bleak Lands trying to 'reclaim' their space from old times... that would be pretty cool to see.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #24 on: 25 May 2011, 16:04 »

That would throw an interesting wrinkle into FW.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #25 on: 25 May 2011, 16:08 »

Hm, if this is going to be more magical-hax of the empires, then perhaps it'll tie into the ending of the sansha arc

They mentioned about going into the Sansha epilogue to tie up that story arc. There were also mentions of looking at changing the Incursion faction around.

If speculation is to pan out, it'll probably be the downfall of the Sansha as someone else takes up the galactic mantle of hurp durp Incursions.

I'd heard a similar rumor, however from what I've seen in mission text and the limited PF on the Cartel... Full scale invasions like the ones the Sansha are using doesn't fit their Modus Operandi, well at least on the same scale. Honestly, the Sansha are the only ones I could picture taking the invasion aspect as large as they are. Serps don't have the firepower/fleet sizes, the Gurista are too tactically minded to spread themselves that thin, the Blooders would have little to gain aside from blood/chaos, Mordus is a merc force, and the Syndicate is mostly businessmen that aren't welcomed in the Federation because they like to deal in shady things....

EoM is feasible, but I can't picture them having the resources available for the same scale of attacks.

Truly intergalactic attacks would fit perfectly in only ever being the Sansha's M.O. Rogue Drones is another possibility, if not better since they're machines.

It'd be interesting if they had smaller, storyline instigated incursions, I think. The Blooders invading the Bleaklands is a good example. The Angels invading the Skarkon constellation to truly take it over would be another. Serpentis have a thing going with Intaki, last I checked. Guristas just love ruining the State's day, etc.

In that way, everyone gets their own slice of the pie and some due attention with the Incursion system.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #26 on: 25 May 2011, 16:56 »

Garsk Agalder > ---ning compl---drawin---stem.
Adwa Hurren > ----nfirmed.

Hello, victims!

A new story-arc would be great, but I'm silently hoping (and expecting to be let down, mind you) they will use the chance to tie up old treads from arcs they have not touched.

For instance, if more pirate factions get involved, I'd love to see the EoM being revealed publicly as the perpetrators behind that titan frying the Intaki colony, and such.

They could use the chance to tie up lots of stuff, from when AURORA was around too.

This holds much possible promise. But basically, I will love just gunning these two down, if nothing else.

*EDIT* Horrible typos. Dead now.
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2011, 18:18 by BloodBird »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #27 on: 25 May 2011, 19:38 »

I believe someone at CCP said that EoM were going to be the Incursion faction originally, and then someone planted a True into the meetings who then made a suggestion about Sansha. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #28 on: 25 May 2011, 21:27 »

I think it will definitely be Angels, in fact, I found the following sign outside my place of employment yesterday...

[attachment deleted by admin]
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #29 on: 25 May 2011, 22:32 »

I think it will definitely be Angels, in fact, I found the following sign outside my place of employment yesterday...

explain
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7